Off-Topic :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All which isn't K-Meleon related. 
Covid activities
Posted by: kameleon22
Date: December 07, 2020 02:51PM

Hey there guys,
currently there's a Lockdown at my place, meaning we have to stay at home and we can't go outside, unless it's necessary, like for grocery shopping or helping a family memeber. Now, we've got a lot of time, we can/ have to spend at home. Maybe you live alone, or maybe you have a family to talk to in your household. Nevertheless, you need to do something with your time, so herer are a few ideas I came up with, in order to usefully use your time at home.
- start learning a new language
- learn to play an instrument
- search for ways of making money online/ start a business
- find a new hobby/ sport e.g. yoga , there'S plenty of courses and videos online ( also for free) so try to stay healthy and workout
- clean your house and get rid of stuff you don't need / use anymore
- play board games
- play Wii
- read a book about evolving yourself into a better version
- learn something knew, gain knowledge, whatever it might be (that you're interested at)
- find friends online
- cook new recipes
- decorate your house ( for christmas)
- quit smoking
- go outside for a walk
- talk with your family members, try to get closer with each other again
- start a skin care routine
etc.
As you can see there's plenty of things which you can try to do. It's mostly focused on making you feel better and helping you grow, into a stronger and more confident person.
What do you think guys? Is there other things which you would like to add? Maybe you have nice book recommendations or started a hobby which you like...
Let everyone know how to better themselves and be happy. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Covid activities
Posted by: Frog24
Date: May 06, 2021 01:13PM

Hey sounds pretty good. I started to play the ukulele. I learned a litte bit Spanish, but its not very good. I've been trying to exercise as much as I can because I'm eating a lot at the moment. I hope that it will soon be over and you can do something normal again. Important of course is also to stay healthy!

Re: Covid activities
Posted by: foliator
Date: May 07, 2021 04:09AM

Since I'm retired, I always have too much time on my hands these days, so the Covid restrictions haven't changed my activities very much.One of my hobbies is shortwave listening, an interest I've had since my early teens. Shortwave radio receivers have improved since then, and some are quite reasonable in price.

Another of my pastimes is music composition, although that has slowed down a bit, since I've run out of ideas after writing hundreds of scores. None of them have ever been for sale; I write them simply for pleasure.

Taking up a musical instrument can be very rewarding. I've never played the ukulele, but have been playing classical guitar non-professionally for over 50 years. I don't actually perform in public, but play the instrument for my own enjoyment.

It's always a good idea, since you're stuck at home anyway, to try and teach yourself to read music if you can't already read it. Not only will it help you play your instrument better, but you'll be surprised at how many new songs you'll be able to play without ever having heard them before. It's educational, and gives you a sense of discovery. If you only play by ear you can't do it without having heard the songs performed by others.

Other than that, if you live with a partner or other family member, keep that relationship alive and spend more time with them. That can help you keep your sanity during these abnormal times.

---
Gerry

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.