[TEST BUILD] K-Meleon 74 on Goanna 2.2 (palemoon-26.5) for Win2000 [Build 20210814]
Posted by: roytam1
Date: April 30, 2018 02:05PM

Download:
https://o.rthost.win/gpc/files1.rt/KM74-g22-20210814.win2000.7z

Latest build changelog: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?19,146040,155292,page=5#msg-155292

-- Original Post belows --

So I ported both palemoon-26.5 and K-Meleon 74.0 back to VC2005+Win2000, and I test binary is here:
https://o.rthost.win/gpc/files1.rt/KM74-g22-20180429.win2000.7z

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2021 12:28AM by roytam1.

Re: [TEST BUILD] K-Meleon 74 on Goanna 2.2 (palemoon-26.5) for Win2000
Posted by: hermes
Date: April 30, 2018 05:27PM

@roytam1

That's great news! smiling smiley Very agile build! Does not require an extended kernel!
Epic work! This is a really useful modification!
For siria, and all those interested:
Not work under 9x (even with an extended kernel, but as expected).

Noticed a minor bug(?): at initial start (with formation of a profile) and the subsequent exit (from program) continues to hang in memory, and then can started immediately (browser already in memory). If kill the process, bug never observed and all works as it should. It's more of an observation or nuance than a critical bug.
If possible, please consider the possibility of using Goanna 4x in KM.
Thank you very much again!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2018 06:22PM by hermes.

Date: May 01, 2018 12:04AM

hermes
@roytam1

That's great news! smiling smiley Very agile build! Does not require an extended kernel!
Epic work! This is a really useful modification!
For siria, and all those interested:
Not work under 9x (even with an extended kernel, but as expected).

Noticed a minor bug(?): at initial start (with formation of a profile) and the subsequent exit (from program) continues to hang in memory, and then can started immediately (browser already in memory). If kill the process, bug never observed and all works as it should. It's more of an observation or nuance than a critical bug.
If possible, please consider the possibility of using Goanna 4x in KM.
Thank you very much again!
The process not exiting bug is known to me, but I don't know how to fix it.

Date: May 01, 2018 11:25AM

@roytam1

This can be avoided. Please watch this small video and a small fix for settings.

Video:
(direct link) https://getfile.dokpub.com/yandex/get/https://yadi.sk/d/dtlnGqlo3V62fN (~291 Kcool smiley

FiX:
(direct link) https://getfile.dokpub.com/yandex/get/https://yadi.sk/d/dNPQTnxZ3V62h4 (~600 Byte)

Trying to run on anything other than 2K results in a message:

---------------------------
C:\USERs\ADMiN\Desktop\KM74-g22\k-meleon.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.
Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

OK

Under 2K everything works great. On XP / 2K3+ showing message about error.

Date: May 01, 2018 04:24PM

hermes
@roytam1

This can be avoided. Please watch this small video and a small fix for settings.

Video:
(direct link) https://getfile.dokpub.com/yandex/get/https://yadi.sk/d/dtlnGqlo3V62fN (~291 Kcool smiley

FiX:
(direct link) https://getfile.dokpub.com/yandex/get/https://yadi.sk/d/dNPQTnxZ3V62h4 (~600 Byte)

Trying to run on anything other than 2K results in a message:

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.
Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

OK

Under 2K everything works great. On XP / 2K3+ showing message about error.

try redownload package, VC8 has manifest hell besides DLL hell.
the package has fixed manifest files.

Date: May 01, 2018 04:43PM

Now everything works perfectly! smiling smiley

Date: May 02, 2018 02:36AM

for KernelEx, I can't get the point. Since KEX supposed to be able to run Firefox 10, which is built with VC8 and (still) targets Win2000.
What is blocked KM74g22/PM26w2k form working?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2018 02:36AM by roytam1.

Date: May 02, 2018 02:24PM

It seems that the translation of the call to the used Unicode api cannot occur,
or occurs with an error.

Pale Moon
----------------------------
Couldn't load XPCOM.
OK

K-Meleon
K-Meleon failed to initialize. Please reinstall.
OK

It is likely that this limitation KernelEx. Or part of the functions is in an external file missing from the OS. Conducted several experiments with different xpcom.dll, but the result is still the same.
And library cant be registered in the system.
It is also interesting that the library does not have functions that can be probed from the outside (as in the same shell32.dll).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2018 02:32PM by hermes.

Date: May 02, 2018 04:06PM

hermes
It seems that the translation of the call to the used Unicode api cannot occur,
or occurs with an error.

Pale Moon
Couldn't load XPCOM.
OK

K-Meleon
K-Meleon failed to initialize. Please reinstall.
OK

It is likely that this limitation KernelEx. Or part of the functions is in an external file missing from the OS. Conducted several experiments with different xpcom.dll, but the result is still the same.
And library cant be registered in the system.
It is also interesting that the library does not have functions that can be probed from the outside (as in the same shell32.dll).

try right click and set KernelEx compat mode to Win2000.
but still, security related DLLs can't be loaded and it can't go further.

Date: May 02, 2018 05:31PM

This has been tested in the first place. But the result is the same.
It is possible that this is can't bypass.

Posted by: aimfiend
Date: May 02, 2018 06:18PM

gogerous|!!! many thx !!!

Posted by: siria
Date: May 05, 2018 04:37PM

Thank you roytam for saving old systems! Very glad you do.
Since last year time is really running away for older browsers, which can't use ultramodern HTTPS anymore, more and more essential websites are breaking now (github, sourceforge, even Palemoon Forum, etc.)
Am following a bit MSFN lately too, sounds quite promising smiling smiley

Am especially glad you're now working on a KM-version for windows98 too, with better https AND better css, personally I just can't live without macros ;-)

Even with some alternative https-browsers now, FF9, Opera12, and Retrozilla-FF2+FF3.5, at least I can read and download stuff with those (most important), but the prob is customizing those is almost impossible for me. Completely clueless, no historical background and resources for those, and the main prob is there's nothing to be found on the web anymore. Opera has taken down ALL old addons, not even possible anymore to tweak something as simple as changing the 3 hardcoded UA options, all badly outdated. Or tried to get addons for FF versions, was a major struggle too, and of course Mozilla plans to kill all old addons too in some weeks (waah).

At the moment cannot open your naruman1.8-goanna version either yet, same probs as described by Hermes (not initialized or something). So tried -yet AGAIN- to finally get some kernelex updates, but that's still just a nightmare. Will probably have to revert to basic version 452 again from 2011. Have now wasted endless time again struggling in vain, so far managed to kill Windows even at startup (kext822), or have simple native 98-tools like VLC086 broken by those updates (kex2016.17), or even KM1.6 (dbghelp from optional crashreporter killed it) My suspicion is that "default=disabled" simply doesn't work anymore as expected, instead each app must be actively disabled now. And even then doesn't always help sad smiley Also tried with replacing a few system DLLs, as written on kernelex help page, without luck, and suspecting those exchanged DLLs will probably only break yet more native old apps... Of course it's also my complete cluelessness about system stuff , but can't help it. At the moment just one big mess and probably meanwhile confusing details too. And have meanwhile read that Palemoon11 is supposed to run fine on KernelEx too, without further tricks, but can't even manage to get this running either. Will try again after reverting to KernelEx from 2011.

As for your brandnew Retrozilla-FF2, first had the same prob with "Alert - could not initialize" as in your screenshot at MSFN. Deleting profile folder didn't help. Not surprising, since it was brandnew anyway. In the end turned out, have to set the exe to "Kernelex disabled". Default was wrong, force 98-mode was wrong, force XP-mode was wrong, etc. And then it still didn't work yet, because NOW the profile had to be deleted again, and recreated in "kex disabled" mode. Now it runs :-)

As for KM74-goanna, would suggest to include the trouble-info macro too. Since the used KM-sources aren't navilla but a user version, it contains lots of custom addons, which may be great for ExExceptions, and many people (not me) will probably love that ABP comes preinstalled, but the very tricky Useragent-autoswitcher in it is a killer. Also the hardcoded global UA. Any chance to remove this custom extension and enable normal, global UA switching again? Best would be to get the native Mozilla UA-switcher working, but probably requires too much work at this early stage.

Oh and really helpful would be to also fix the macros bug for injectJS in the final version some day! In KM1.8/74.x injectJS cannot return any JS-values back into the macros, and Dorian fixed it only in KM75.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2018 04:44PM by siria.

Date: May 05, 2018 10:54PM

@siria
My recommendation here: this is the super-light version of Win2000. Let me remind you, the minimum systems requirements received by me experimentally during their optimization (minimum RAM size):

Win95 - 3 MB of RAM, 98 - 8 MB, 2000 (I forgot to write in thread about 2K, well, ok) 16 MB
(I try to achieve stable work on 12 Mcool smiley. XP at least 28 MB! Vista at least 64 MB. 7-at least 128 MB.

Those. 2K is very close by memory consumption to 98/ME. And definitely faster than XP!
Almost twice! This is the best recommendation for siria and for all, having limited hardware. And, so you can run even applications with the need for .NET v4. For light systems, this is generally an ideal. And instruction and a set I not so just left. But (according to statistics yandex disk) no one downloads. Anyway.
By the way, if that, I have an extensive collection of drivers for 2K, even for modern hardware : ).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2018 11:00PM by hermes.

Date: May 06, 2018 12:17AM

@siria rzbrowser-tls12-20180504.7z should work with and without kex now, just like official fx2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2018 12:17AM by roytam1.

Date: May 06, 2018 12:59AM

@hermes: thanks but my main prob is not so much hardware, but cluelessness about systems, always taking FOREVER to migrate. Also never change a running one of course, surviving already so many years in that internet sea full of millions of sharks (normal criminals) and monster killer whales (Google&MS&Co) ;-) But it's a pity for your stuff. I've noticed you also do tend to hide it away in the middle of other threads, own threads would be much better visible!

Date: May 06, 2018 01:00AM

roytam1
@siria rzbrowser-tls12-20180504.7z should work with and without kex now, just like official fx2.

Yep that's what I had already tried yesterday, the second version.
Yes it does work, just users should be aware that kernelex mode must explicitely be set to "disabled" at the moment a new profile is created. Otherwise that startup alert will show up. But that's with kernelex2016.17, which I strongly suspect as culprit! Obviously being a LOT more touchy as the basic Kernelex version, perhaps even ignoring a global default=off mode, no idea. Haven't reverted yet or would test again (miraculously VLC started working again, ha)

Did more testing in 2016.17 now to verify again.
Comparing 2 new profile folders, one contains a key3.db, the other not.
Once the profile is created and that file exists, the browser starts in the future without complaining, regardless its Kex-setting.

Btw not sure if it's any clue for KM74 or its extensions, but Kex2016.17 is also said to have probs with UPX-compression (MSFN kex core updates page28). My macro editor, Scite, was impossible to get working again due to this. DepWalker first complained about a missing uxtheme.dll, until I copied one in the folder. That made DepWalker happy, but the editor still didn't work. Still R6016 error for VisualC. Just lucky that Scite is available in 2 versions, with and without UPX. Exchanging that version fixed it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2018 01:16AM by siria.

Date: May 06, 2018 09:44AM

siria
Oh and really helpful would be to also fix the macros bug for injectJS in the final version some day! In KM1.8/74.x injectJS cannot return any JS-values back into the macros, and Dorian fixed it only in KM75.

just try to make it not crashing, please test if it returns: (mini-build, please overwrite files with those in archive below)
http://o.rthost.win/gpc/files1.rt/KM74-g22-20180506.testbin.7z

Date: May 06, 2018 12:26PM

Sorry for my blind messing around with kex configs and dll's etc., so many combinations possible, therefore no clue why exactly but:
KM74PM suddenly starts now!! YEAH, progress!
But that was even before adding that latest testbin fix
(by the way old VLC is highly unstable too, one time it works, next time broken or messed again, next time fine again... tsss, must be new Kex!)

So, played around a bit with previous KM version, lots of crashes etc.
Then added testbin-update, but so far not sure if it improves anything.

A bit initial testing, sorry messy yet:
So far some very funny effects, just a 2nd start seemed to worked wonders (or not?), at first toolbars menu only 2 entries (urlbar+throbber, hm, like KM1.6 in parallel sessions), later toolbars menu was suddenly complete, whole browser more stable, but with another new profile suddenly crashed just when opening toolbars menu again...
Still not loading web (network icon shows transfer, throbber turning endlessly, status bar stays "Ready")...
profile has no cert8+key3.db, but somewhere along the way between many restarts suddenly a cert8 showed up...
later tried if copying over cert8+key3 from KM1.6 might help, but no luck, rather worse, removed again...
disabled adblockplus etc. ...
F2-kmprefs very slow (2 seconds to open, and to switch tabs)...
Window titles only 1 character "K" in taskbar and "K+gibberish" in browser, but F2-XUL window has normal title...
and especially just opening toolbars menu very prone again to crashing whole browser:

K-MELEON (caused an error...) 40000015H in Modul MSVCR80.DLL at 0177:781346b4.
Register:
EAX=00000000 CS=20177 EIP=781346b4 EFLGS=00000202
EBX=008eff68 SS=169017f ESP=008ee068 EBP=008ee094
ECX=00000000 DS=017f ESI=8197c934 FS=3ff05b8f
EDX=8197ca60 ES=017f EDI=8197ca9c GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
e8 20 46 00 00 c3 e8 11 e5 ff ff 8b 0d ec 3f 1c
Staple values:
781346b4 273bf833 8197ca9c 8197c934 008eff68 008ee06c 00690d10 008ee33c 78138ced 5fae5487 fffffffe 008ee34c 00446010 bff9dc80 008ee374 bff79138

Must do more testing...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2018 12:33PM by siria.

Date: May 06, 2018 01:54PM

YES: troubleinfo macro reports injectJS returns OK! :-)

more testing:
Noticed must KILL KM in taskbar, if closed with window-X-button (old bug?)
-> Perhaps not all previous restarts were really restarts
Exit by KM-menu does close it fully

For some weird reason can not manage to get the toolbars menu fully working again. It had worked for awhile before, now only crashing again. Have deleted startupCache, tried new profiles etc.

When working in other program (editor) for a short while, with KM silent in background, homepage open, out of the blue there's suddenly a KM-popup alert about missing security component, and now a cert8.db appears in the profile

Changing GUI-language (F2) has bugs:
the language menu shows only 2 character settings, not written out language names
Switching to DE no prob, but switching back to EN-US CRASHES immediately.
Tried some things and restarts etc., but only chance to reset is changing it in prefs.js manually again
user_pref("general.useragent.locale", "en-US");

interesting:
troubleinfo macro also reports navigator.oscpu = Windows NT 5.0 = Win2000
(exe is kexed to XP-mode, in KM 1.6 that leads to oscpu=XP too)

Oops my fault. Had tried setting XUL.dll to win2000 and then forgotten...

PS:
Even Mozilla has already started with that cypher-blocking terror. The world is quickly getting smaller. Just couldn't open this site in KM1.6, as some others before, but Retro-FF2 can open them now :-)
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Projects/Shumway

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2018 02:39AM by siria.

Date: May 07, 2018 08:07AM

siria
more testing:
Noticed must KILL KM in taskbar, if closed with window-X-button (old bug?)
-> Perhaps not all previous restarts were really restarts
Exit by KM-menu does close it fully

Yes this is an old bug since first g22 build and I still can't find a way to fix it yet.

Date: May 07, 2018 02:06PM

Strangely, KM is now closing fully by clicking the window-X, not the slightest idea why....

In general, the archaic loader.exe is long since deprecated and should be removed.
But this can't be the culprit for my probs, had it already renamed from the start, old habit. Now wondered if DISABLING could have caused any probs, and restored the original name again. But makes no difference, either way. Guess in the past it was also only a setup-option, and off in portable builds. Always hated it, because it has always caused such 'bug' reports in the forum. Some info links:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/wiki/FAQ#loader (gone since KM74)
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,132094
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/wiki/TutorialLoader
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?3,118897

Am tapping so much in the dark, but after some 100 toolbar-related crashes (mscvr80-errors) and me searching in the wrong place all the time discovered by accident:
It's skin-related!
Only wanted to finally switch on the PrivBar (can this great standalone feature be ON by default please? Remove visibility line in skin.js in aura folder). Of course, turns out the default skin is still that messy semi-transparent version that has no text in win98, due to black text on (partial transparent) black background, brilliant idea. Just for testing copied over my current custom skin and - it works perfectly. But unexpectedly, the constant crashing also stopped! Seems almost rock-stable now!
The default skin from KM1.5.4 works stable too, Phoenity.
But this older skin probably has a few missing newer functions, or missing 2-3 renamed functions. Will have to check later.

No idea what EXACTLY causes the crashes, is it partial transparency? Although no crash in KM1.6, and the toolbars do show up, only opening View>Toolbars MENU is crashing. Or is it some special command name? History/Places had a major change, probably since KM74... Or one of the custom extensions in this build? Am a bit uneasy that it's not build on a vanilla KM74, also not sure about licensing for all the additional stuff.

Then copied over 3-4 macros. Turned out one of them, menuplus, is crashing KM at startup already, although I don't think it contains anything complicated. Perhaps because it adds itself to the MAIN toolbar? But first tried replaced the 2 testbin files again, to restore the older version. That fixed it too! So am now keeping that old version again.
(Oops, bad idea: now injectJS cannot return strings anymore. Returning to newer version again :coolsmiling smiley

And noticed to my delight, that a local offline video test page shows webm + ogg videos! Just like Opera12. Unfortunately at the moment only the player-GUI seems to work, buttons do something and arrow blinking, but the videos don't play yet, only static image. Also no context-menu for video settings. Noticed that some default prefs might be culprit (mp4 forbidden etc.), and played with those, but no luck yet too.
Still lots to test, sorry my reports and system are rather messy...

Edit: and what did I just find again? 3 instances of not-responding KMs in the TaskManager. Tsss... perhaps due to older files, will see.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2018 02:27PM by siria.

Date: May 07, 2018 09:30PM

Narrowed down why menuplus macro is crashing:
injectJS return is still buggy.

This line in troubleinfo macro works:
$_x=injectJS("(function(){var x='999'; return x;})()");

This line in other macro crashes in mozjs.dll:
$_x=injectJS("(function() {var x=navigator.userAgent; return x;})()");

Did a bit more testing, but nothing helps, all crashing after showing the test alert:
$_x=injectJS("(function() {var x=navigator.userAgent; x='ua: '+x; alert(x); x=x.toString(); return x;})() ");

Perhaps due to special characters in the string?
Never a prob in KM1.6 so far.
And Crash only happens with new mozjs.dll in 29b-testbin.
Probably no crash in 29a because it can't return anything at all.

K-MELEON invalid page in MOZJS.DLL bei 0177:100869a5.
Register:
EAX=99576548 CS=0177 EIP=100869a5 EFLGS=00010286
EBX=0000001c SS=017f ESP=008ed2a0 EBP=00000098
ECX=00000098 DS=017f ESI=008ed32c FS=6157
EDX=008ed2f4 ES=017f EDI=0412bf80 GS=0000
Bytes bei CS:EIP:
8b 5d 00 57 8b 7c 24 18 8b cb 8b d7 d3 ea 8b c2
Stapelwerte:
00000098 0000001c 00000098 10089093 008ed2f4 99576548 00000000 1009b675 008ed310 008ed2f4 00000008 008ed400 00000001 03dfc0b0 00000000 0015ae8f

----------

jsbridge.xpt
There are 2 files, with different dates, one in root/components and in root/browser/components

Was trying if using 2x the newer file, or only the newer one would help against crashing, but no luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2018 09:55PM by siria.

Date: May 07, 2018 10:38PM

Error Console shows a bunch of weird errors, example:
Warning: Trying to re-register CID '{6319788a-fe93-4db3-9f39-818cf08f4256}' already registered by jar:file:///C:/KM74GOA/browser/omni.ja!/components/kmSearchService.js.
Source file: file:///C:/KM74GOA/browser/components/kmSearch.manifest

in F2 > Toolbar > General: "Hide Toolbars Line" is grayed out
FIX: Add missing Pref in kmeleon.js:
kmeleon.display.toolbars_line = true
Creating it in about:config manually works too.
Just one of occasional great new features, which work fine but often need years just to make it into the GUI too. This one from KM1.6 or earlier until KM76. Not to mention all the fantastic permissions.default.xxx prefs, most existing since KM1.5 or earlier and to this day not even showing up in about:config, sigh.

I don't get it - what have I done?? View>Toolbars has stopped crashing, with default skin too! *riddling*

Only right-clicking a free space still crashes (with default skin, not Phoenity)
Same error in msvcr80.dll as above.

And menu Toolbars>OPTIONS crashes always.

Options crash really makes zero sense to me, it just calls a URL:
"chrome://kmprefs/content/pref.xul?toolbars"
Defined in main.kmm, sibling actions calling "..xul?xxx" work fine, and calling that toolbars-URL by typing in urlbar does NOT crash either.
Tested in main.kmm if it helps to open as tab too, but no luck. Strange...

K-MELEON invalid page in K-MELEON.EXE bei 0177:0040dcc0.
Register:
EAX=00000013 CS=0177 EIP=0040dcc0 EFLGS=00010246
EBX=00000000 SS=017f ESP=008ed178 EBP=008ed220
ECX=00000000 DS=017f ESI=00a32480 FS=5ea7
EDX=00000000 ES=017f EDI=00a32480 GS=5747
8b 41 3c 83 61 28 00 85 c0 74 09 ff 31 33 c9 e8
Stapelwerte:
00a32480 0040dcb2 783131da 70334081 00000002 00a32480 00690d10 70334091 00000000 00454758 783cd318 7fffffff 00000000 782e8b38 783cd000 7fffffff

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2018 11:56PM by siria.

Date: May 08, 2018 01:57AM

siria
Narrowed down why menuplus macro is crashing:
injectJS return is still buggy.

This line in troubleinfo macro works:
$_x=injectJS("(function(){var x='999'; return x;})()");

This line in other macro crashes in mozjs.dll:
$_x=injectJS("(function() {var x=navigator.userAgent; return x;})()");

Did a bit more testing, but nothing helps, all crashing after showing the test alert:
$_x=injectJS("(function() {var x=navigator.userAgent; x='ua: '+x; alert(x); x=x.toString(); return x;})() ");

Perhaps due to special characters in the string?
Never a prob in KM1.6 so far.
And Crash only happens with new mozjs.dll in 29b-testbin.
Probably no crash in 29a because it can't return anything at all.

K-MELEON invalid page in MOZJS.DLL bei 0177:100869a5.
Register:
EAX=99576548 CS=0177 EIP=100869a5 EFLGS=00010286
EBX=0000001c SS=017f ESP=008ed2a0 EBP=00000098
ECX=00000098 DS=017f ESI=008ed32c FS=6157
EDX=008ed2f4 ES=017f EDI=0412bf80 GS=0000
Stapelwerte:
00000098 0000001c 00000098 10089093 008ed2f4 99576548 00000000 1009b675 008ed310 008ed2f4 00000008 008ed400 00000001 03dfc0b0 00000000 0015ae8f

----------

jsbridge.xpt
There are 2 files, with different dates, one in root/components and in root/browser/components

Was trying if using 2x the newer file, or only the newer one would help against crashing, but no luck.
for mozjs crash here, I need some more time on debugging it because it is somewhere else than earlier mozjs crash.

Date: May 08, 2018 09:36AM

Thanks!
Here's another test. Never tried PROMPT in JS yet, just thought might be handy to test special characters. But crashing too:

$_x=injectJS("(function() {var x='888'; var y=prompt(x,x); alert(y); return y;})() ");

K-MELEON invalid page in Modul MOZJS.DLL bei 0177:100869a5.
Register:
EAX=b2960548 CS=0177 EIP=100869a5 EFLGS=00010286
EBX=0000001c SS=017f ESP=008ed190 EBP=00000098
ECX=00000098 DS=017f ESI=008ed21c FS=50cf
EDX=008ed1e4 ES=017f EDI=05025920 GS=0000
Stapelwerte:
00000098 0000001c 00000098 10089093 008ed1e4 b2960548 00000000 1009b675 008ed200 008ed1e4 00000008 008ed2f0 00000001 03dfc0b0 00000000 0015aebb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2018 10:09AM by siria.

Date: May 08, 2018 10:05AM

HUH?! Just renamed the root folder. As usual that means, the KernelEx app-list doesn't contain this unknown path and all exe+dll files assume "default mode" again. Have set mode 'XP' again on k-meleon.exe. Then accidentally discovered: the XUL.dll had fully automatically gotten 'win2000' mode!?? No matter how I rename the path, this seems to be some default. But that overturns just about everything I thought how Kex works...

When I change it manually to XP, it sticks. And also seems to have no influence on reported bugs.

Date: May 08, 2018 02:29PM

siria
Thanks!
Here's another test. Never tried PROMPT in JS yet, just thought might be handy to test special characters. But crashing too:

$_x=injectJS("(function() {var x='888'; var y=prompt(x,x); alert(y); return y;})() ");

K-MELEON invalid page in Modul MOZJS.DLL bei 0177:100869a5.
Register:
EAX=b2960548 CS=0177 EIP=100869a5 EFLGS=00010286
EBX=0000001c SS=017f ESP=008ed190 EBP=00000098
ECX=00000098 DS=017f ESI=008ed21c FS=50cf
EDX=008ed1e4 ES=017f EDI=05025920 GS=0000
Stapelwerte:
00000098 0000001c 00000098 10089093 008ed1e4 b2960548 00000000 1009b675 008ed200 008ed1e4 00000008 008ed2f0 00000001 03dfc0b0 00000000 0015aebb

testbin updated, please try again.

Date: May 08, 2018 02:30PM

siria
HUH?! Just renamed the root folder. As usual that means, the KernelEx app-list doesn't contain this unknown path and all exe+dll files assume "default mode" again. Have set mode 'XP' again on k-meleon.exe. Then accidentally discovered: the XUL.dll had fully automatically gotten 'win2000' mode!?? No matter how I rename the path, this seems to be some default. But that overturns just about everything I thought how Kex works...

When I change it manually to XP, it sticks. And also seems to have no influence on reported bugs.

There is settings in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\KernelEx\AppSettings\Configs and XUL.DLL is listed here.

Date: May 08, 2018 04:28PM

roytam1

YES - injectjs now works fully! Fantastic, thanks! smiling smiley

Wondering if perhaps there's a way for users of native old KM74 to fix it too? Perhaps by just exchanging some file? Or if there could be some commit or detailed description for the official old 74 version what that fix requires...

Date: May 08, 2018 04:33PM

siria
roytam1

YES - injectjs now works fully! Fantastic, thanks! smiling smiley

Wondering if perhaps there's a way for users of native old KM74 to fix it too? Perhaps by just exchanging some file? Or if there could be some commit or detailed description for the official old 74 version what that fix requires...

since it is goanna-2.2(palemoon-26.5), there is quite a lot of changes from 24esr.

for vanilla km74 fix, it will require recompiling both gecko-24.8.1esr and k-meleon74.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.