K-Meleon on Goanna :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Building K-Meleon on top of the Goanna engine 
major page load error
Posted by: gordon451
Date: June 04, 2019 08:07AM

OK. Maybe I posted this in the wrong place. So:

Web page Federal election: This is Australia as 100 people

I have removed my previous version (20190406) and replaced it with a much later version, 20190525. In the upgrade, I kept only those profile files with my preferences. Any file which did not show in the new release was deleted from my profile.

This page displays properly in IE11 x64 and Pale Moon 26.4.1 x64.

My K-M is build 20190406 20190525, and shows images for a short time, then blanks them. As well, the text then becomes much larger and centered on the page.

I've copied the Error Console to Error Console. The Error Console on my new KM shows exactly the same errors. The Error Console does contain a large number of CSS alerts which I have not shown on the screenshot.

Given that both IE11 and Pale Moon are both much older than my K-M, is it possible the page is being affected by my about:config security configuration? Or is this just a strange XML/JS thing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: major page load error (newest KM-Goanna)
Posted by: siria
Date: June 12, 2019 09:05PM

gordon451
Web page Federal election: This is Australia as 100 people

I have removed my previous version (20190406) and replaced it with a much later version, 20190525. In the upgrade, I kept only those profile files with my preferences. Any file which did not show in the new release was deleted from my profile.

This page displays properly in IE11 x64 and Pale Moon 26.4.1 x64.

My K-M is build 20190406 20190525, and shows images for a short time, then blanks them. As well, the text then becomes much larger and centered on the page.

Given that both IE11 and Pale Moon are both much older than my K-M, is it possible the page is being affected by my about:config security configuration? Or is this just a strange XML/JS thing?

Can someone with the new KM-version take a look and confirm?

All that I can tell is only that of course it might be settings related.
Perhaps it needs that strict javascript option or whatever.
And of course it could also be a new bug, considering that older engines work fine. Even in KM1.6 the page looks fine to me (as usual, JS blocked, and tried with UA of IE7)

From a merely practical viewpoint, for self-help, some sites do send a more universal code to users of old browsers, that means one could try if downgrading the useragent helps (for example using macro useragents2018, which creates a menu, and can handle site-UAs too, or manually creating a global string pref "general.useragent.override")

Re: major page load error (newest KM-Goanna)
Posted by: anonymous
Date: June 12, 2019 10:56PM

@siria
Not important temporary problem. Upcoming updates will fix it in a few weeks.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.