K-Meleon on Goanna :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Building K-Meleon on top of the Goanna engine 
Problems if try to open two browsers?
Posted by: Slickone
Date: November 22, 2019 08:11PM

If I have KM Gecko open and then try to open KM Goanna, it won't open. That's fine, but what is going on behind the scenes, and is it possible that doing this messed up my KM Gecko? I've noticed after doing that, a page or two that used to work has problems now. Maybe coincidence. Aren't they both self-contained, portable style browsers?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2019 08:12PM by Slickone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problems if try to open two browsers?
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: November 22, 2019 09:27PM

Slickone
If I have KM Gecko open and then try to open KM Goanna, it won't open. That's fine, but what is going on behind the scenes, and is it possible that doing this messed up my KM Gecko? I've noticed after doing that, a page or two that used to work has problems now. Maybe coincidence. Aren't they both self-contained, portable style browsers?

Just a coincidence.

I can't say 100% sure, without having a look to the source code, but it should be doing as many programs out there, if there is an executable instance, don't run another. Some programs check the filename, others the class, or whatever. I'm not a developer but works that way.

What you describe is as if by trying to invoke K-meleon 0.82, when 75.1 is running, it starts behaving like it. That is just impossible and doesn't happen.

Or when you call a new instance (k-meleon.exe -new) they interfere with each other. It never happened to me and I was recently running several instances of different versions when testing the new version for the image retrieval macro.

But, if you feel it doesn't violate your privacy and you can give examples, post them so other could test it, with the versions you are having conflicts.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.