K-Meleon on Goanna :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Building K-Meleon on top of the Goanna engine 
K-Meleon not working with many websites
Posted by: john
Date: March 05, 2021 08:29PM

Hi,
You are doing a great job with kmemeon, and it is my preferd browser.
Unfortunately, for many versions now, it does display properly many web sites.
In example: https://finance.yahoo.com and all the sub-pages of this site. Much of the site's functionality is lost.
Every time I want to look at this website I have to use firefox or pale moon.
Can you please fix it?
Also, I wanted to ask: is there any possibility to move k-meleon website logins and passwords, to another browser?
Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon not working with many websites
Posted by: rodocop
Date: March 05, 2021 11:20PM

Hi, john!

Actually all the bugs in page loading do have the same nature: the old engine non-supporting ECMAscript 6 standard (latest javascript version) in full.

You can freely transfer your logins into PaleMoon (NewMoon, MyPal) or Basilisk (Centaury, Vasilisque) or any other UXP-based browser: Borealis, IceapeUXP etc.

First you can try to simply copy files key4.db and logins.json from your k-meleon profile folder to the your other Goanna browser profile (when that browser is closed).
NB!!! This will overwrite all login data of your other browser with data from K-Meleon.

More correct way is to use Password Backup Tool extension. Install it into K-Meleon (the same way as in PaleMoon) and in your other Goanna-based browser. Export logins from KM and then import in your other browser. Voila!

P.S. New Firefox Quantum also accepts key4.db and logins.json as the store for login data. Feel free to try simple file transfer to the fresh Firefox profile!

Re: K-Meleon not working with many websites
Posted by: Siegfried
Date: April 18, 2021 06:05PM

Hi,

I have the same problem with some websites, espacially documentation sites at IBM.
As example this one:
https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/cics-ts/5.1?topic=SSGMCP_5.1.0/com.ibm.cics.ts.messages.doc/DFHPI/DFHPI9529W.html?mhsrc=ibmsearch_a&mhq=DFHPI9529W

It also doesn't work with Internet Explorer 11 but it works with Mozilla Firefox 52.9. It ist the same Firefox version as on K-Meleon.

My version of K-Meleon is:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Gecko/3.5 Firefox/52.9 K-Meleon/76.4.3

Is this the same problem as described in your previous post (ECMAscript 6)?

It would be fine, if this problem coud be fixed, because K-Meleon is my favorite browser.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.