K-Meleon on Goanna :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Building K-Meleon on top of the Goanna engine 
Fixing downloads page bug
Posted by: rodocop
Date: November 29, 2018 01:12AM

It was reported - and confirmed by myself - that all latest Goannas have downloads page (about:downloads) broken:

(All downloads are reported as Failed and no way to open the folder with file downloaded)

The reason is an old code of 'downloads' chrome content folder inside omni.ja:
browser\omni.ja\chrome\kmeleon\content\browser\downloads\
(there are old Gecko-based files there)

I've replaced content of that folder with one taken from latest PaleMoon and - SURPRISE! - this fixed the issue.

So we need to update omni.ja with fixed one

Enjoy the possibility to update your current installation if you do need this option (useful for KM Hybrid, for example as well as for all power users, who use download manager)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2018 01:13AM by rodocop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fixing downloads page bug
Posted by: J.G.
Date: November 29, 2018 04:59PM

@rodocop thank you for this information about this minor bug (I think it's minor bug because all is being download correctly, only about.downloads doesn't work).

However, I guess that your provided fixed omni.ja is not for substitute the current omni.ja, just because it is very short size, so I updated the content of current omni.ja adding the content of your fixed omni.ja but it doesn't work for me. Probably my bad. It is complicated to do this update imho for non power users. This bug also affects KMeleon 76 RC2 and RC2 Pro by the way, not just for Goannas.

- Suggested fix:
update whole download package links for KMeleon RC2/RC2Pro and KMG77 including complete fixed omni.ja by default, if possible, of course.
:s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2018 05:00PM by J.G..

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: November 29, 2018 06:22PM

J.G.
However, I guess that your provided fixed omni.ja is not for substitute the current omni.ja, just because it is very short size, so I updated the content of current omni.ja adding the content of your fixed omni.ja but it doesn't work for me. Probably my bad. It is complicated to do this update imho for non power users. This bug also affects KMeleon 76 RC2 and RC2 Pro by the way, not just for Goannas.

He doesn't mean the root/omni.ja but the root/browser/omni.ja which belongs to k-meleon. The other is the Gecko(/Goanna?) omni.ja.

Posted by: J.G.
Date: November 29, 2018 07:59PM

JohnHell
J.G.

He doesn't mean the root/omni.ja but the root/browser/omni.ja which belongs to k-meleon. The other is the Gecko(/Goanna?) omni.ja.

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding! Yes, now it works! Tested @rodocop's fixed omni.ja after replacing root/browser/omni.ja on KMeleon 76 RC2/Pro, KMeleon Hybrid and KMeleon Goanna with complete success! @JohnHell thank you! smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2018 08:00PM by J.G..

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.