K-Meleon on Goanna :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Building K-Meleon on top of the Goanna engine 
K-Meleon on old PC
Posted by: Roman
Date: December 20, 2020 09:20AM

Hi everyone. I use K-Meleon on an old processor (athlon xp, does not have sse2 support) and at the first start there are a lot of delays and pauses - when clicking on links, when scrolling the page, etc.... But when I change in about:config the parameter "layers.acceleration.disabled" to "true", the pauses and delays disappear. The same effect is achieved by changing the parameter "layers.d3d11.disable-warp"(also to "true"). That is, these pauses themselves are not a problem, but maybe there is a more correct version of the settings than the one i found?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon on old PC
Posted by: Kris_88
Date: December 20, 2020 11:38AM

You can try layers.prefer-d3d9 - true, layers.acceleration.disabled - false
and install DX9.
What does dxdiag show?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2020 11:41AM by Kris_88.

Posted by: Roman
Date: December 21, 2020 09:00AM

Thank you, your advice works!
Dxdiag (win7 starter) reports that dx11 is installed, and this was news to me - it turns out that dx11 is pre-installed in win7. But the DDI version is 9Ex. Previously, Dx9 was already installed on the system, re-installing it did not change anything.
So now, I will enable two parameters - layers.prefer-d3d9 & layers.d3d11.disable-warp - just in case))
Thanks once more!

Posted by: B.KUMAR
Date: March 13, 2022 02:20PM

Roman
Hi everyone. I use K-Meleon on an old processor (athlon xp, does not have sse2 support) and at the first start there are a lot of delays and pauses - when clicking on links, when scrolling the page, etc.... But when I change in about:config the parameter "layers.acceleration.disabled" to "true", the pauses and delays disappear. The same effect is achieved by changing the parameter "layers.d3d11.disable-warp"(also to "true"). That is, these pauses themselves are not a problem, but maybe there is a more correct version of the settings than the one i found?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.