Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
moz 0.9.7
Posted by: lele
Date: December 22, 2001 05:07PM

mozilla 0.9.7 is out! I think that if someone has already tested it, this is the right place for him to post a comment about this new release of moz.. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: moz 0.9.7
Posted by: sven
Date: December 22, 2001 07:03PM

Actually, if you have been going with nightly builds (as i have, each morning fresh new build downloaded and waitng for me smiling smiley there is not much new to drool over. If you stayed with 0.9.6 as your last build then upgrade is well worth even if only because of working SSL support (finally) which made it in shortly after 0.9.6 was released. Notably new thing (which is documented in Release Notes as well) is ability to configure some Javascript options separately. You also get dynamic theme switching (made it into nightly builds early this week) - you don't need to restart Mozilla for theme change to take effect.

One thing which keeps creeping in into build after build is crashing the whole damn browser when right-clickin on image map link area. 100% sure crash on my two comps (w32). At least K-M doesn't do that smiling smiley

Oh and you don't get that sexy 3D x-button on tab window with 0.9.7 release that you get with latest build :-P

Posted by: Andres
Date: December 22, 2001 10:58PM

Just upgraded from 0.9.6 and 0.9.7 seems better prima facie. Some annoying bugs are gone. Only the mouse seems not to "take" sometimes, and I have to click twice or even more. I'd still recommend the new build.

Date: December 23, 2001 01:19PM

quote from a post on osnews.com

"javascript fine configuration.. so that people can disable just the annoing jscript popups".. eheheh.. ever tried km? smiling smiley

Posted by: rob
Date: December 24, 2001 04:04PM

a new bug that has been introduced after the .9.6 release is related to the (great) support of the link tags. You first need to enable View -> Show/Hide -> Site Navigation Bar -> Show Only As Needed (Don't know why it defaults to "Hide Always"). When you go to a page that uses link tags oin the head (eg. [link:http://www.anet.at/] the images shown in the appearing new toolbar are blown up from their original sizes.

And, I have the print icom sometimes right to the URL bar and sometimes left to it. It seems to be somehow randomly...

rob.

Date: December 26, 2001 09:24PM

Mozilla Web Browser Can Be Crashed By Malicious Image Source Tag Javascript Supplied By Remote Users

<a href="http://www.securitytracker.com/alerts/2001/Dec/1003039.html">http://www.securitytracker.com/alerts/2001/Dec/1003039.html</a>;

Posted by: Fulvio Perini
Date: January 16, 2002 06:20PM

I have been following the milestones as well as the nightly builds.Mozilla0.9.6 has a passable Print Preview,a good start.).0.9.7 has turned strange,and,it crashed on me,using Print Preview. I test a nightly by going to Print Preview,mainly because there are so many reported bugs,and I want to see if there is any improvement.
I cannot remember when the nightly has not crashed on me,when I just click Print Preview,in at least two weeks. And,there is just an assignment to do something by 0.9.9. This pretty grim. I just hope that K-meleon does not fall into this trap.
Now,if one could just move around the bookmarks in K-meleon.

Posted by: Fulvio Perini
Date: January 18, 2002 04:47AM

Follow up. Four different set ups/installation of 1-17 nightly.One worked perfectly,but will have to recheck,in case I used a profile which worked well before.In another one,good profile,everything looks good,but crash when exiting,and toolbar gets messy. The other two crashed as soon as I selected Print Preview,and back and forth arrows are also up and down. A few other bugs.
Crashes were at module "unknown",gklayout.dll and gkcontent.dll

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.