Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
wheres the new version?
Posted by: Pat
Date: January 14, 2002 10:35AM

I heard here before that new version was due in 1st week of January 2002; but i cannot locate it in the downloads page. Can anyone give me the download link?
Thanks
from Pat

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wheres the new version?
Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 14, 2002 02:36PM

Pat,

I don't think a date was promised for the new release. There is a lot of work going on in the background right now on updating code and improving some of the functionality. I don't think we know when the next release will be out but it should be soon. Keep watching for that here.

Andrew

Posted by: Mark
Date: January 14, 2002 08:16PM

Yeah, for release dates, take your pick of either "When it's ready" or "Soon."

The former is more accurate and objective, while the latter is meaningless but sounds better. Neither has any meaning to the user, but it's better to surprise than to promise and disappoint, no?

Posted by: Nicole Simon
Date: January 14, 2002 09:29PM

Ok, which is the person I should address for the accelerator-file? Cause there are some double combos I would like to erase or show which to change / erase

Nicole

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 14, 2002 11:05PM

Nicole,

File it under bugs but check first to see that it hasn't been fixed.

Andrew

Posted by: lele
Date: January 15, 2002 04:33PM

Release Early, Release Often - esr

all k-m developers are great and they have done great things but i think that test-releases (0.6.5a, 0.6.5b, 0.6.6 etc...) could be released sometimes, without waiting always to achieve perfection..

Posted by: Brian
Date: January 16, 2002 11:45PM

well for a long time we didn't work on k-meleon very much at all. I worked on it maybe 1 day a week. I'm starting to be able to work on it more now, but it's still slow. "Release early, Release often" only works if there's something new to release.

Posted by: Fulvio Perini
Date: January 18, 2002 04:36AM

Where do you check the fixes?I would like to be able to move around the bookmarks
They work in NS6.2.1 and Mozillas,and I even copied the bookmark file from 6.2.1.I just cannot move thing around,and have them stay.
fp

Posted by: rob
Date: January 19, 2002 11:42PM

since Mozilla 0.9.8 release is scheduled for 25-Jan-2002 it may be better to wait the few days and then push the next K-M out based on that version.

rob.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.