Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Everything builds except IE Favorites and Weasel
Posted by: Andy
Date: May 13, 2002 03:11AM

I've managed to get moz, k-meleon, and all of the k-meleon plugins to build _except_ for the IE Favorites plugin and the weasel plugin (whatever that is). The weasel plugin appears to have trouble building because of a syntax error in the pFunc definition. The IE Favorites plugin can't build because of conflicting function definitions in VS libraries. With MFC support on, conflicts exist between mfcs42d.lib and mscvrtd.lib and with MFC support off, the conflicts is between nafxcwd.lib and libcmtd.lib. Oddly enough, nafxcwd.lib appears to be an MFC library.

Anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everything builds except IE Favorites and Weasel
Posted by: Jeff
Date: May 13, 2002 03:23AM

The favorites plugin compilation stuff is a bug in msvc...just remove the hot_tracking.cpp file from the build environmen, the re-add it and it should build fine. The weasel plugin you can just ignore, it's just something brian thought about putting together that never got very far.

-- Jeff

Posted by: po
Date: May 13, 2002 05:49AM

should the IF statements regarding weasel be stripped from the menus.cfg then?

i always wondered what they were referring to...

Posted by: Andy
Date: May 13, 2002 02:25PM

Thanks, that seemed to do the trick. Unfortunately, the IE plugin doesn't appear to work properly -- a link bar appears but doesn't show any of my old IE favorites links. I'll put this and a couple other bugs I've found in the Bugs forum.

The workspace seems to have some old projects still there, namely, urlbar.dsp and windowmanager.dsp. I assume the functionality of those two projects has already been rolled into the k-meleon core code. One other item of note is that the history project is configured to build with MFC libraries -- which fails. I switched MFC support off and it built fine.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.