Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
next release estimate
Posted by: Karen
Date: May 13, 2002 04:26PM

Can anyone give me an estimate on when the next version, 0.7, will be available? I've read the "Development Update" threads and understand that it's getting close. I'm just wondering if there's any estimate at this point. Thanks very much!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: next release estimate
Posted by: po
Date: May 13, 2002 10:38PM

things have been moved to the 1.0 mozilla branch now, so i think they'll be waiting a little longer...

Posted by: Kidman
Date: May 16, 2002 08:34AM

a release could be available in the next weeks I guess. it's depending on three things I think...
- get SSL working in embedded build (some ppl looked into it, and it seems they have located the problem)
- get the download dialog (it didn't appear in the last internal builds)
- Mozilla 1.0 final (to use the final mozilla sources)

Posted by: Mark
Date: May 21, 2002 10:30PM

Hurray!

Posted by: Harvey
Date: May 22, 2002 12:25AM

Apparently release of Netscape 7 PR1 is imminent.

Posted by: Jaron
Date: May 22, 2002 07:41AM

Reading one of the thread here gave me an idea, probably not a new idea cause I can not be sure.

Why not, instead of add features etc.. make it 1st priority to impliment/integrate/use the latest mozilla build/engine, and release it ASAP. I'm sure it's what the majority of people wish. You can spend time adding fixing old bugs later.

There's probably a flaw in my idea, but someone going to have to point it out to me cause I can't see it right now. grinning smiley

--Jaron.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: May 22, 2002 11:00AM

Jaron,

That's exactly what we are doing. As Kidman noted, we are waiting on two Mozilla bugs to be resolved so that we can release. We have incorporated the latest Mozilla code while we are waiting for the bugs to be fixed. The hold-up is on the Mozilla side, not on our side due to new features or anything like that.

Andrew

Posted by: Jaron
Date: May 23, 2002 07:11AM

Well, unless the bug is fatal/compromise system stability/plain annoying why not just release it as it is now, with a warning about it. Cause some of us are 'itching' to try any new offering. smiling smiley

--Jaron.

Posted by: Klaartje
Date: May 23, 2002 07:33AM

Would you enjoy serving up something to your guests that's not quite cooked, just because they're hungry?
Wouldn't you feel they would enjoy the meal much more if it was good and ready?

Posted by: Andrew
Date: May 23, 2002 02:00PM

Jaron,

Well, the ability to download and access secure sites are pretty major items. We are not going to release before they are ready. If you don't want to wait for the next release, you have two options:

1) Build K-Meleon yourself from the source code
2) Sign up for the developer's list to get access to the test betas. We just released a new beta that has the current Mozilla code and all of the new imrprovements and bug fixes.

Andrew

Posted by: Kidman
Date: May 24, 2002 01:13PM

"Why not, instead of add features etc.. make it 1st priority to impliment/integrate/use the latest mozilla build/engine, and release it ASAP. I'm sure it's what the majority of people wish. You can spend time adding fixing old bugs later."

a download dialog is no new feature....
and a working download dialog and secure site support are major features for a webbrowser.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.