Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
0.7 Again And Again
Posted by: Your Name
Date: July 29, 2002 10:00PM

At the risk of inadvertantly starting another massive thread, can I ask about any update re 0.7? Where can I get the latest build?

Cheers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 0.7 Again And Again
Posted by: Al.
Date: July 29, 2002 11:06PM

"At the risk of inadvertantly starting another massive thread, can I ask about any update re 0.7? Where can I get the latest build?"

To get the latest build, you need to sign up for the developers mailing list. Instructions on how to do this are here:

http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/kmeleon-dev

Once you have signed up for it, just read the messages (it's sort of like a forum), and you'll find the download link for the latest beta, plus you may also be enlightened a little more when you ask about the release date of 0.7.

Posted by: Q-T
Date: July 30, 2002 12:01AM

Sorry for contributing to a massive thread, but at least I've dealt a heavy blow to Superdude's naïve IE-defence, so this "major" contributer will not show up here much more.

Posted by: ThatDude
Date: July 30, 2002 03:47AM

>Q-T,,
but at least I've dealt a heavy blow to Superdude's naïve IE-defence, so this "major" contributer will not show up here much more.
>

Man get real,,you as well been talking to my FOOT,,so here talk to my FOOT!,,get real..LOL,,clown..

Date: July 30, 2002 09:28AM

I've been talking to your foot ? In absence of your brain probably.....

Date: July 30, 2002 02:23PM

Thatdude wrote:
I have wasted enough time hanging around here waiting on the 07 release,,I gather that Kmeleon is not for everyone,,me anyway, and I am not coming here anymore to see whats going on.[04-06-02 ]http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=2&i=562&t=562]

Good-Bye (and I'll stick to it) from Q-T !

Date: July 30, 2002 03:23PM

Q-T>
Good-Bye (and I'll stick to it) from Q-T !
>

I lied,,
and ya can stick that too!,,where the sun don't shine,,if ya know what I mean!
hope that did'nt go over your head too!,,I think you're a lamer!,,lol.:-(..

Posted by: Simon
Date: July 30, 2002 03:59PM

[Developer ML]
>Once you have signed up for it, just read the messages (it's sort of like a forum), and
>you'll find the download link for the latest beta, plus you may also be enlightened a
>little more when you ask about the release date of 0.7.

I don't think this to be a good idea. The ml is for developers discussion. It should not be flooded with hundreds of "Where is 0.7????????"-mails. Because of this I asked here, hoping that one of the developers with a little bit of free time would answer my question. But it seems, they are all very busy at squashing out bugs, which is ok for me.

Posted by: YourFoot
Date: July 30, 2002 06:18PM

> I think you're a lamer!,,lol.:-(..

I can't believe it... YOU think ?
mwaaaahahahaahaaaaaa now THAT's a good joke :-)

Posted by: Andrew
Date: July 30, 2002 07:17PM

Anyone who wants the beta, touch base with me. You can get my e-mail under Help - About. Simon, touch base with me about your question.

Andrew

Date: July 30, 2002 10:10PM

"I don't think this to be a good idea. The ml is for developers discussion. It should not be flooded with hundreds of "Where is 0.7????????"-mails. Because of this I asked here, hoping that one of the developers with a little bit of free time would answer my question. But it seems, they are all very busy at squashing out bugs, which is ok for me."

Technically it is for developers, however the general public are free to join it, and as "YourName" was asking how to locate the latest beta, then joining the mailing list is the quickest way. I was merely steering the OP in the right direction soas to avoid another drawn out going nowhere thread. Unfortunately others have seen to it that yet again, "flaming" rather than giving responsive answers is the order of the day. ;-) Of course the OP may not exactly find out when 0.7 will come out, however he should be more than appeased with the latest beta build.

Posted by: @!#$ You, ThatDude
Date: July 31, 2002 02:46PM

You're a fucking leech. You're worthless. You haven't written a single useful thing in your life, you have no idea what software development entails, yet you whine like a little prissy baby to be spoon-fed a new release.

Pay the developers, or @!#$ off.

Date: August 01, 2002 07:31AM

>>@!#$

don't worry about it Dickhead!,,you'll get over it or under it!
Now you let this be a lesson to you.

Posted by: Simon
Date: August 01, 2002 10:46AM

>Technically it is for developers, however the general public are free
>to join it,

Correct, but IMO the ML should be reserved for developer discussions.

>and as "YourName" was asking how to locate the latest beta, then
>joining the mailing list is the quickest way.

You don't have to join the ML to locate the latest beta. Just go to the ML-archives, which can be found under "Get Involved" in the menu and there you are.

Posted by: Ed Mack
Date: August 04, 2002 12:40AM

ThatDude, is people paying attention to you an over-whelming experience, so great to you that you just have to stay? I can't see any other reason for you to want to stay apart from you in-famity. I'm sick of your trolling anyway, it doesn't help anyone. Why not go outside and do somthing? Or does everyone in the physical world hate you too?

Posted by: Tzafrir Cohen
Date: August 04, 2002 04:13PM

Nice of you to keep TheDude's subthreads alive.

One may consider the developers' behaviour "not nice", it is certainly legitimate (I personally think that it is the wrong course, but then again, I don't do any actual development or fund any, so it is not my decision in any way)

But this behaviour follows the familiar pattern of a troll fishing for flames with a flamebate. If you see such trolls, ignore them.

http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/troll.html

Posted by: Hello World
Date: August 08, 2002 03:29AM

We need progress update!

Posted by: KC
Date: August 08, 2002 08:34PM

You need patience !

Date: August 08, 2002 11:01PM

"We need progress update!"

Well firstly there is this: http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/resources/status.php
Then there is also the developers mailing list: http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/SourceForge/9632/0/
Plus not to mention if you read these forums a *little* then you'll be kept abreast of the latest K-Meleon happenings. Of course for some this just isn't enough, but then I still feel these folks need to learn to be less demanding and more patient. Remember, the K-Meleon developers do not owe you anything for using their browser. ;-)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.