Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: K-meleon 1.6 on Kernelex WIN ME / 98
Posted by: dugbugoffice2
Date: February 28, 2011 04:41AM

I posted this a long time ago. I worked it all out!
http://www.angelfire.com/bug/dugbuglas2/OLDPC.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ratava2
Date: March 06, 2014 06:09PM

Hello,

I try to run K-meleon 1.6 together with W98 and KernelEx and it seems to be a success but there is a big problem. Some text lines and many frames aren't represented correctly on screen. They are filled with black or white colors and won't be refreshed. Other parts as for example menue bars are repesented correctly. It seem to be a problem with any driver. Is ther anyone who know this problem and who know what can be done to prevent it? I'm perplexed.

Posted by: siria
Date: March 06, 2014 06:24PM

Hi, could you post a screenshot and a test page?
There are some old threads around with many tips, must admit have most long since forgotten again...
Which 1.6 version are you using? The latest (unofficial) is 1.6beta26

Date: March 10, 2014 09:06PM

Hello siria,

thank you for your answer and sorry for my late being here. Ok, I took a screenshot as an example for you but it's on my lokal directory. I don't know if I can insert this picture in these mail. In the menue bar here is only an option for an web location for inserting pictures with URL. Directory path inputs will be rejected. Could you tell me if I can do it? It's difficult for me to say which version of K.meleon 1.6 I use because the pull down window of "help-about K-meleon" isn't recognizable. I can give you the zip-file name where it come from: K-Meleon1.6.0_Beta2_en-US.7z. I think it isn't the latest version sad smiley

Date: March 10, 2014 10:57PM

Thanks, that means you have just the old version from the download page.
Try this one, with a slightly newer gecko engine and many little improvements by various KM-users, collected by JamesD:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/K-Meleon1.6.0_Beta2dot6_en-US.7z

Screenshots you can upload on some free site like imageshack.us or whatever. But I suspect it's just the usual problem hitting you too, has to do with that vcredist package. Also mentioned on the download page for 1.6beta2. Not sure if James version can cure that, perhaps, just try it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2014 10:58PM by siria.

Date: March 11, 2014 10:01PM

Hello,

thank you for the quick answer. I've tried to install update 26 but I get an error message that any COM.dll causes a fault. Now I can give you the screenshot. Now you can see what I mean. I forgot to scale it, hope it is OK smiling smiley

Date: March 11, 2014 11:48PM

Oh yes, that looks familiar!!
I did have the same look some years back, but forgot about it again. Then just a few months ago someone else had that same prob too again, it took us a while to figure it out, and AGAIN I almost forgot it already, slightly embarassing!

And the solution is so easy: Restore the kernelEx-setting to Win XP, because it got lost when you renamed the folder, or moved it elsewhere. Because KernelEx does not store the settings in the file itself, but instead keeps a list of the paths to them. Which of course gets broken when renaming or moving anything.

Flip back to page-1 of this thread to see my old screenshots, which I just restored now. They had expired on the external hosting site, but luckily found them again on my machine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 06:38PM by siria.

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 12, 2014 01:38PM

siria

And the solution is so easy: Restore the kernelEx-setting to Win XP, because it got lost when you renamed the folder.

Flip back to page-1 of this thread to see my old screenshots, which I just restored now. They had expired on the external hosting site, but luckily found them again on my machine.

Siria, can You attach files in this part of the forum? See bottom.

If yes, please do so, because then the URL will not expire.

mfG auch an ratava2, guenter aus der CEBIT Stadt.

p.s. wenn nicht, schick mir das Bild, welches du meinst, ich habe in diesem Teil des Forums die nötigen Rechte, Dinge anzuhängen.

Attach a file
Valid attachments: rar, 7z, zip, gz, gif, png, jpg
No file can be larger than 512 KB
All files together cannot be larger than 1 MB
2 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 01:43PM by guenter.

Date: March 12, 2014 06:35PM

Nö, hier kann ich leider gar nix hochladen, nur in Extensions und Graphics :-/ Danke, aber hab die zwei Bilder gestern vor meinem Posting schon neu eingestellt.

Date: March 13, 2014 08:46PM

Yeah, now the problem is solved. Siria, thank you so much for your help, you are correct it's really so very simple to handle KernelEx and the XP restore but never was such thing on my minds but now I'm happy about this success. But you suggested to update on K-meleon 1.6 26. I tried it but I told some posts ago that there came an error message. I know that I have to update K-meleon continuously but I don't understand why these version causes this error. Maybe you can help me again. The affected link library is the XPCOM_CORE.DLL. Do you have any idea about it?

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.