Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Service Pack for K-Meleon 0.7
Posted by: Andrew
Date: February 13, 2003 02:26PM

A service pack to update your installation of K-Meleon 0.7 is now available. This service pack includes updates to the following:

* K-Meleon executable
* K-Meleon plugins including Bookmarks, Favorites, Layers and Macros

These updates include a number of bug fixes and improvements which are outlined in the Release Notes. This update also includes the initial implementation of global history which will allow you to see visited links when browsing. You must have K-Meleon 0.7 installed before installing the Service Pack.

Please report any bugs, problems or questions to the developer's list: kmeleon-dev@lists.sourceforge.net

When installed, K-Meleon will report itself as Version 0.7.1 Build 734.

Please read the Release Notes before installing the Service Pack:

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/docs/relnotes07sp1.php

You can download the Service Pack here:

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/files/kmeleon07sp1.exe

Enjoy!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Service Pack for K-Meleon 0.7
Posted by: SlideRule
Date: February 13, 2003 06:06PM

Just to let the Developers and other K-Meleon users know, the Service Pack installed perfectly . . . and . . . great improvements to K-Meleon.

To all the Developers . . .

GREAT JOB and Thank-you

K-Meleon IS the best browser.

Re: Service Pack for K-Meleon 0.7
Posted by: schtum
Date: February 15, 2003 11:10PM

I couldn't find any explanation for it in the list of fixes and improvements, but this patch has fixed a major crash bug for me. Large Slashdot pages (400+ comments) would never load properly, and would often freeze k-meleon, if not my entire computer. Now i'm reading Slashdot in nested mode with a threshold of 0, and the pages are rendering quickly and properly!

Like SlideRule said: Great job, guys!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.