Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
KMeleon forgets layout?
Posted by: sidthegeek
Date: April 10, 2003 03:41PM

I don't know if this has been reported before. Each time I start KMeleon, I need to reposition the tool bar and address bar, as well as resize the window, because it forgets the settings. IE remembers the settings, and I'm very used to that. Don't know if this a bug report or a feature request. Or perhaps I am missing an option somewhere. I'd appreciate any help.

FWIW, my version string says

Version 0.7.1 : Build 2 : Moz 04-07-2003

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: KMeleon forgets layout?
Posted by: sidthegeek
Date: April 10, 2003 03:54PM

Sorry to follow up on my own post. Seems as if this doesn't always happen. Has something to do with changing skins in the same session. Can't quite nail down the exact circumstances under which it fails to remember the layout change.

Re: KMeleon forgets layout?
Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: April 10, 2003 07:12PM

sidthegeek:

I think this might be a problem with my builds, because I was messing around with some preference saving stuff on exit. I took out the code I was messing with and made it just do the default exit routine. Try downloading one of the installers again, and re-installing, and then see if you still get the problem. It is supposed to remember size, position and toolbar layout by default, so it is definitely a bug, I just don't know if I caused it or not. If I did, the problem code is gone now, and so should the problem be. smiling smiley

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.