Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: K-Meleon 1.6a4 pre-beta
Posted by: Alex.Tarantul
Date: October 06, 2010 02:03PM

Colleagues, I have a problem. after I started doing Russian translation 1.6 (look at page http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,110102 ) I have proved impossible to customize your search! In what may be the problem?

My blog about K-Meleon
http://kmeleon-ru.blogspot.com/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: guenter
Date: October 06, 2010 05:26PM

Alex, open Error Console and look for the error. AFAIK desga2 fixed all problems.

BUT search.xml also makes error and shows nothing when it has a fault.
This has happened once before.

If the search.xml is the reason best start with the search.xml that is with the Russian 1.5.4, then use the thread about which search engines must be updated and use K-Meleon's search management interface to edit changes in search.xml.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2010 05:45PM by guenter.

Re: K-Meleon 1.6a4
Posted by: caktus
Date: October 06, 2010 08:12PM

siria
Well... For the managers of the company where I work proper planning is extremely important. So the employees are always busy working at timelines and statistics and processes and forms and documentation and controlling and new standards and spend half the day at meetings and the bosses are always 'improving' the processes of course (=if you finally got that new program/process/structures etc. slowly working again after a year, there's surely already the next new manager arriving and "improving" everything yet again). Of course that leaves the employess not much time anymore for the "real" work, for producing "output", other than statistics and paper mountains, but oh well, when the company will finally break down completely it certainly will not be due to bad "planning", that was improved to perfection! The managers' statistics show it's a most successful and efficient enterprise, getting yet more efficient every year, whow! :cool:
Summary: I don't really mind if the KM developers use their time for developing instead of planning and timelining tongue sticking out smiley What would be nice though is to occasionally get a current vague guess of the situation... Although at the moment I think it's rather clear, some bugs left yet but quickly approaching beta version, yeah! grinning smiley

And I thought politicians were full of bureaucracy and hot air.tongue sticking out smileygrinning smiley:cool: But I'll still take what I can get from KM.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: panzer
Date: October 07, 2010 08:04AM

JamesD
@ panzer

Can you report the modified date and filesize for the kmprefs.jar file in your prebeta KM please? I don't seem to have a problem with the version that I am testing. The filesize of my kmprefs.jar is 413,420 and the modified date is 8/27/10.

I just downloaded Km 1.6a4 from the site. Kmprefsjar is dated 1/26/2010. I didn't realise that a4 is not the latest version, sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2010 08:07AM by panzer.

Date: October 07, 2010 09:37AM

That deturl bug is now even worse in 1.6a4 version. When you go to Youtube, it sometimes tries to go to deturl.com but fails to. You can shut down Km or wait for minute or two for it to stop trying to connect and close the tab after you tried and failed to close it before due to unresponsive Km.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2010 09:42AM by panzer.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 07, 2010 12:43PM

@ panzer

I think the download link for desga2's prebeta version can be found here: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,109196,page=3

Posted by: Alex.Tarantul
Date: October 07, 2010 04:30PM

@Guenter

I dont know what is it...

My blog about K-Meleon
http://kmeleon-ru.blogspot.com/

Posted by: siria
Date: October 07, 2010 06:24PM

panzer
That deturl bug is now even worse in 1.6a4 version. When you go to Youtube, it sometimes tries to go to deturl.com but fails to. You can shut down Km or wait for minute or two for it to stop trying to connect and close the tab after you tried and failed to close it before due to unresponsive Km.

panzer, that has absolutely nothing to do with K-Meleon itself! Regardless which version. It's just an optional macro you installed, which is not contained in KM out-of-the-box.
And the real culprit is the outdated deturl javascript, it doesn't work anymore since youtube keeps changing it's code so often. The whole thing only gets so bad since the macro is set to work fully automatically, so no way to stop that default action once the script is broken, unless you disable the macro or change the kmm yourself. But I thought there was a newer version of it some weeks ago...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2010 06:28PM by siria.

Posted by: guenter
Date: October 07, 2010 06:35PM

@Alex. That looks like a fall back or regression to a previous version.

Did You use the last version fix alias cp4 at http://kmeleon.110mb.com/km/K-Meleon1.6_preBeta.zip ?

It was made available by desga2 in this thread with this post http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,109196,110032#msg-110032

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2010 08:10PM by guenter.

Date: October 07, 2010 06:53PM

Since cp4 is clearly better now than a4, perhaps it could be exchanged at the official download site, as "latest development version"...?

Date: October 07, 2010 08:15PM

Noticed recently that hostperm.1 isn't used anymore in KM1.6, for domain exceptions for cookies, javascript, images etc. They are now stored in "permissions.sqlite". Pity that this is no simple text format anymore, can neither read nor modify it :-/

Date: October 08, 2010 07:31AM

siria
panzer

panzer, that has absolutely nothing to do with K-Meleon itself! ...

But I thought there was a newer version of it some weeks ago...

Sorry, I know. I just vented my frustration.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2010 08:55AM by panzer.

Date: October 08, 2010 09:03AM

Problem solved. grinning smiley

Date: October 08, 2010 09:24AM

Is veloz.kmm alias page load speed-up macro still any good in Km 1.6 or can I delete it now since v1.6 is fast as lightning?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2010 09:30AM by panzer.

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.