Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Source Code?
Posted by: Kurumin
Date: May 26, 2010 10:16PM

Hello, I'm a developer, and I wonder when they will release the code of K-Meleon 1.6 or 1.7, countless threads already gone past and I could not add the geko 1.9 with success, and would like to know when the project developers share their code shall go source.

I would like to learn about libraries and allow themselves to help in the project.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Source Code?
Posted by: ndebord
Date: May 27, 2010 11:22PM

Kurumin
Hello, I'm a developer, and I wonder when they will release the code of K-Meleon 1.6 or 1.7, countless threads already gone past and I could not add the geko 1.9 with success, and would like to know when the project developers share their code shall go source.

I would like to learn about libraries and allow themselves to help in the project.

Thanks

kurumin,

Look for a better answer here from one of the coders (most definitely not me!), but as KM 1.6.xx is in early alpha and unlikely to get even to RC status any time soon, the normal procedure has been to release code when it goes Gold, not before.

As Gecko 1.9 is a major revision of Mozilla code, it will take some time to modify this XUL/XPI and SQLite lovefest to work with KM's different architecture, by which I mean windows APIs and KM's script language.

N

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2010 11:23PM by ndebord.

Date: May 28, 2010 01:57AM

ndebord
Kurumin

Thanks

kurumin,

Look for a better answer here from one of the coders (most definitely not me!), but as KM 1.6.xx is in early alpha and unlikely to get even to RC status any time soon, the normal procedure has been to release code when it goes Gold, not before.

As Gecko 1.9 is a major revision of Mozilla code, it will take some time to modify this XUL/XPI and SQLite lovefest to work with KM's different architecture, by which I mean windows APIs and KM's script language.

So

I understand. More is as I said, I'm a developer, and I imagine there are others who will also have to be seeing the code to help get the KM ideal for everyone, after all, the alpha version is already being shared smiling smiley

I think it would be advantageous for the project and for users

Posted by: ndebord
Date: May 28, 2010 02:47AM

Kurumin
ndebord
Kurumin

Thanks

kurumin,

So

I understand. More is as I said, I'm a developer, and I imagine there are others who will also have to be seeing the code to help get the KM ideal for everyone, after all, the alpha version is already being shared smiling smiley

I think it would be advantageous for the project and for users

Kurumin,

Keep trying. KKO, Guenter, Disrupted, Desga2, JuJu, JamesD and of course Dorian, are some of those who can talk about this in depth (not I). (My apologies to everyone I've left out of this listing)

N

Date: May 28, 2010 01:05PM

ndebord

Kurumin,

Keep trying. KKO, Guenter, Disrupted, Desga2, JuJu, JamesD and of course Dorian, are some of those who can talk about this in depth (not I). (My apologies to everyone I've left out of this listing)

rsrsrs

Yes, my goal is help!

Posted by: guenter
Date: May 28, 2010 10:16PM

There are problem @ compiling. I am no coder, tried to compile, NO LUck.

As far as I understood, Dorian committed all changes that are needed to compile to CVS @ sourceforge.

Best greetings to BR and US from DE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2010 10:16PM by guenter.

Date: May 28, 2010 11:48PM

guenter
There are problem @ compiling. I am no coder, tried to compile, NO LUck.

As far as I understood, Dorian committed all changes that are needed to compile to CVS @ sourceforge.

Best greetings to BR and US from DE

Thanks gueter for the greetings, my hometown is really BR

More then, is there any chance the source code from versions 1.6 or 1.7 be shared? With my goal is to help!

Thanks

Posted by: siria
Date: May 29, 2010 12:03AM

Well, someone sooo eager to help, here's a starter:
How in the world do I force a page to load from cache, if the browser was at startup set to anything else but "always load from cache"?? Toggling the pref on the fly doesnt change a thing, and neither changing it in F2. Am currently scanning the web for a helpful little javascript line to use in a macro, but no luck so far :-(

Date: June 02, 2010 11:00PM

Sorry, I did not understand more what's your problem

Date: June 02, 2010 11:50PM

siria answers to a different topic. I have no idea what happened.

Maybe I should delete her answer - it does not seem to belong here.

Maybe a forum glitch?

Date: June 03, 2010 04:40AM

No, this is the correct topic, and a simple clear question to someone who knows developing.

Date: June 03, 2010 10:34PM

Thx to the Lord - I do not develop tongue sticking out smiley

p.s. Nutz das selbe Profile für 1.5 und 1.6?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2010 10:36PM by guenter.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: June 03, 2010 11:51PM

@ siria

Maybe something here http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,45998 to help.

Date: June 04, 2010 10:23AM

Whow, 2003 grinning smiley Something I definitely wouldn't have found. Will check it out soon, thanx James!

Date: June 05, 2010 09:42AM

No sorry, checked it and nothing new there. Only tells how to toggle the cache setting, but that's not the problem, the prob is how to force-load a page from cache, if existing, automatically in a macro.

Guess I've just written a lot of nonsense about that cache thing, but it's complicated and keeps confusing me!! *sigh*

Testing without macro but just by clicking the go-button, at the moment my impression is that while "online", a minimum amount of 6kB is always shoved through my phone line. That would be acceptable, but then there are other pages with unfortunately an expiration date in the past (all forums?) that I had took for my tests, bad luck, they took over 60kB and that confused me all the time! So the current theory: If "offline", the expiration date is ignored, and the 6kB are not needed. If "online" and cache to "never from web", there's a minimum amount of 6kB for each page load, and if expiration date is in the past, the page is still loaded from web.
Hmm, no wait, isn't that another option, to web-load only "when the cached page is out of date"?? I don't get that whole thing!! Could it possibly be that "never" doesn't really work? At any rate it makes me wonder if there might be two different caches, a "normal cache" and an "offline cache"...

Whatever, what I need is a command to use in a macro, to force-load a page from cache ALWAYS, except if the page is not cached at all yet. In theory it should work with cache set to "Never from web", but somehow it doesn't seem to work, perhaps I do something wrong, just what??

PS: You know what's funny? If cache is set to "never from web" (WITHOUT restart that is!), then you can modify your postings as often as you wish, the changes are shown but still the counter says "edited 2 times" :cool: grinning smiley Sure only under certain circumstances, but still, funny tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2010 11:00AM by siria.

Date: June 06, 2010 06:55AM

Sorry siria, is that my English is not refined and who has helped me is the google translator :s, the more interesting that his posture, I work for one of the largest IT companies in Brazil, and was entrnado in contact with a Brazilian who develops a browser and he said he also was in contact with you and not get any response about inserting it in the project and he only ended up getting harsh responses and he alone has started his project alone, does not understand why you scare away people who want to help

Date: June 06, 2010 08:42AM

Funny, but I don't think people who really are eager to help take it as offense if someone takes them by their 4 times (!) repeated offer. You have just proven again that people who really are eager to help don't claim it with words over and over, but do so in action, see all other posts in this thread, by Guenter, James and ndebord. If you want to take my request as offense that's one thing, but no need to offend all others who tried to help YOU or myself.
And please in which previous topic did your collegue supposedly get "harsh" responses and was "scared away"??

May I remind how you started this topic:
Kurumin

Gives a bit the opposite impression of who needs help and who the helpers are...
But I forgot, you actually declared in the last post *whom* you meant to help:

Kurumin
... was entrnado in contact with a Brazilian who develops a browser and he said he also was in contact with you and not get any response about inserting it in the project and he only ended up getting harsh responses and he alone has started his project alone

By the way your english is just perfect. Amazing for a machine translation, some language pairings work great and others create only a nearly unintelligible nonsense, but this one is perfect, so the language sure is no problem.
Anyway, it doesn't matter what we discuss here, the KM developers WILL post their source code when it is finished, as always. Just be a bit patient...

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2010 09:38AM by siria.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: June 06, 2010 10:20PM

Latest source code is in the CVS. What more do you need?

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: June 07, 2010 02:31PM

i hope more and more coders join in this great project.
a good and effective communication is really needed.

Posted by: slayer
Date: June 13, 2010 12:39AM

I think that there was a language problem in this thread. This is what I'm seeing:
Kurumin said that he is a developer, then siria asked about a solution to her problem. guenter thinks that the question is not for this Topic. Dorian post the link to the CVS.

A real mix of different ways to write in English in this thread. Now include mine.

Posted by: caktus
Date: June 15, 2010 08:01PM

siria
....Amazing for a machine translation....

Ditto's! Chalk up a good one for Google.grinning smiley

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.