Gecko 1.9????
Posted by: ndebord
Date: June 03, 2010 11:15PM

Can anyone help me understand what kind of (major?) changes Mozilla is doing to Gecko? I see from posts in MozillaZine that 1.9.1/2/3 are all different from each other and some say that complexity (along with speed) are now builtin to the new engine?

(call me confused)

N

Re: Gecko 1.9????
Posted by: panzer
Date: June 04, 2010 07:12AM

Ok. As you wish.

Ndeboard, you are confused.

grinning smiley

Posted by: JamesD
Date: June 04, 2010 11:17AM

If the changes that Mozilla make to Gecko include changes to its interfaces, then that will make a lot of work for Dorian. I think that there was some change that prevented the KM 1.7a from having a feature because of a gecko change. KM 1.7 is based on a later gecko than 1.6 a4.

Date: June 04, 2010 10:33PM

panzer
Ok. As you wish.

Ndeboard, you are confused.

grinning smiley

Oh yeah, not just confused, but bamboozled, feeling hoodwinked and definitely apprehensive over what they're up to with Gecko!

SIGH

N

Date: June 04, 2010 10:34PM

JamesD
If the changes that Mozilla make to Gecko include changes to its interfaces, then that will make a lot of work for Dorian. I think that there was some change that prevented the KM 1.7a from having a feature because of a gecko change. KM 1.7 is based on a later gecko than 1.6 a4.

James,

Yes, already KM has to do "stub" stuff, to minimize the impact of SQLite, but the new stuff is way over my head... just call me MR CONFUSED! <g>

N

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: June 07, 2010 06:11PM

ndebord
just call me MR CONFUSED! <g>

heh, that's not surprising for someone who really is confused! grinning smiley

ahh, i'm in a good and relaxed mood now. sigh tongue sticking out smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.