SeaMonkey 2.0.6 released
Posted by: ndebord
Date: August 06, 2010 06:09PM
Re: SeaMonkey 2.0.6 released
Posted by: desga2
Date: August 06, 2010 07:31PM

Thanks ndebord, I don't know why Firefox and Seamonkey deleted in his websites the link to download the zip version of his browsers.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: August 06, 2010 11:10PM

desga2
Thanks ndebord, I don't know why Firefox and Seamonkey deleted in his websites the link to download the zip version of his browsers.

desga2,

Good point. That puzzled me too, as they always used to list links to the zip files, not just the executable install.

I did note that SM held back delivery of this update, just like they did before... the ftp site showed (I think) a July 1 build date????

N

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 06, 2010 11:56PM

Does this new Seamonkey have an updated Gecko engine that we can use? If it does and someone creates an update for us, to which version of KM would the update apply?

Date: August 07, 2010 03:33AM

JamesD
Does this new Seamonkey have an updated Gecko engine that we can use? If it does and someone creates an update for us, to which version of KM would the update apply?

JamesD,

SM 2.0.6 uses Gecko 1.9.xx, so this would be for KM 1.6, not KM 1.5.4

N

Date: August 07, 2010 11:38AM

ndebord

Good, KM 1.6.0a4 is my primary browser now.

Date: August 07, 2010 01:55PM

JamesD
ndebord

Good, KM 1.6.0a4 is my primary browser now.

JamesD,

You might want to try Desga2's cp1 version, to help debug the alpha.

<g>

N

Date: August 07, 2010 03:05PM

Am working on the cp1, but the second cp1 broke some of the first one. Name was the same so I think it overwrote. I am trying to find if I kept the first cp1 somewhere else on the computer.

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 08, 2010 12:57PM

When testing chrome You may want work with new profiles created for the job.

I think that that helps against some odd effects (possibly from items in Xul.mfl file)

Posted by: DRVTACH
Date: September 07, 2010 10:16PM

Hi, I have been looking for w possible replacement for Seamonkey 1.7, 1.8.
Not sure how I found the K-Meleon site but was pleased to see that it was using the 1.8 of the Gecko layout engine.

Should I bother with K-Meleon as it looks like you will stop support for K-Meleon 1.5.4 as The Fools I use to work with [Mozilla] did after the release of SeaMonkey 2.0??
I guess I can just recode Net Scape 4.5 and yes that is the proper spelling [Netscape is AOL's]
Please advise if I should bother down loading K-Meleon 1.5.4
Last is there a chance you did not or will never use the Google reader [big security problems]built into the New so-called Better SeaMonkey?
Thanks Bill aka DRVTACH

Posted by: siria
Date: September 07, 2010 11:00PM

Hmm, what's the reason that you want intentionally stay with gecko 1.8?

Posted by: jsnj
Date: September 08, 2010 02:37AM

DRVTACH
Hi, I have been looking for w possible replacement for Seamonkey 1.7, 1.8.
Not sure how I found the K-Meleon site but was pleased to see that it was using the 1.8 of the Gecko layout engine.

Should I bother with K-Meleon as it looks like you will stop support for K-Meleon 1.5.4 as The Fools I use to work with [Mozilla] did after the release of SeaMonkey 2.0??
I guess I can just recode Net Scape 4.5 and yes that is the proper spelling [Netscape is AOL's]
Please advise if I should bother down loading K-Meleon 1.5.4
Last is there a chance you did not or will never use the Google reader [big security problems]built into the New so-called Better SeaMonkey?
Thanks Bill aka DRVTACH

There are no major differences between 1.5.4 and 1.6 pre beta besides the updated Gecko engine which is faster. Some people still use KM v1.1 so yes you can use any version you want. You can download all the way back to v0.7. As long as this site is up, the old versions will probably always be available. And most available extensions work with versions 1.1 through 1.6. Sounds like we could use your sevices around here if you have the ability to recode Netscape and you used to work with Mozilla. K-Meleon uses the least amount of resources of all the current popular browsers available today while still offering pretty much all of their features. Feel free to stay around and contribute. Pretty open bunch around here smiling smiley Developers are needed.

As far as Google Reader, Newsfox is the default feed reader in K-Meleon, but as far as webpage feed detection, that's not built into K-Meleon, you'll need the Feed Subscribe macro extension or you probably can create your own with your knowledge. There are no pending monetary deals with anyone or any company(e.g. Google) and K-Meleon, just a couple of developers and a handful more of contributors. Feel free to help out.

Posted by: panzer
Date: September 08, 2010 08:14AM
Posted by: desga2
Date: September 09, 2010 06:18PM

Seamonkey 2.07 en-US zip file official download.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: jmillar
Date: September 14, 2010 10:19PM

A refreshed version of pre-beta with Gecko 1.9.1.12 (or pre13) would be very welcome for security reasons. Some important vulnerabilities have been patched.

It would raise K-Meleon pre-beta to FF 3.5.12/3.6.9 security standards.

Re: SeaMonkey 2.0.8 released
Posted by: Frank
Date: September 16, 2010 08:55AM

New version Seamonkey 2.0.8 released, now firefox is at 3.6.10

Frank

Re: SeaMonkey 2.0.8 released
Posted by: Fred
Date: September 16, 2010 03:19PM

Citation from
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.6.10/releasenotes/

What’s New in Firefox 3.6.10

Firefox 3.6.10 fixes the following issues found in previous versions of Firefox 3.6:

* Fixed a single stability issue affecting a limited number of users

Similar in the release notes of Seamonkey 2.0.8 .
No security flaws have been fixed.

So if your browser version works correctly, there is
no reason to update.
K-Meleon variations based on Seamonkey 2.0.7,
Firefox 3.5.12 or Firefox 3.6.9 will not have to be
updated for security reasons.

Fred

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.