Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Updated the Screenshots Page ...
Posted by: SoerenB
Date: August 19, 2010 11:30AM

and the roadmap page.

Comments welcome - but don't be too harsh, please ...

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Updated the Screenshots Page ...
Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 19, 2010 11:34AM

Looks good to me. People need to know that KM is the browser you control.

Date: August 19, 2010 11:52AM

Thx

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Posted by: siria
Date: August 19, 2010 02:17PM

Basically I like it too, very much, and would even add 2-3 more screenshots, in the same line. Including one that is really "heavily" customized, not just "slightly" grinning smiley My beloved sunrise background comes to mind, too bad I can't upload it for publishing because it's not my own. But it could give people ideas...

Anyway, the one thing I don't like at all is to put all descriptive text in BIG BOLD UNDERLINED font (like the other examples below, but not whole chapters). Have tried now hard to find a way to link images via thumbnail, but no luck so far :-( Still, IMO at least that huge BOLD link could be shortened to one word (which??), and the rest in normal font...

Date: August 19, 2010 03:01PM

siria
descriptive text in BIG BOLD UNDERLINED

I fixed that, now, because I hate it, too. The price to pay was breaking the hitherto uniform page design .
(That's not really good English, is it? How would a native speaker put that?)

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2010 03:04PM by SoerenB.

Date: August 19, 2010 03:55PM

@ SoerenB

If you don't want the word LongClick to be a new page link, you can preface the word with a ~ character. Otherwise the wiki markup thinks you are using a special type of word for new page.

Make it look like this. ~LongClick

Date: August 19, 2010 04:18PM

Thx for that one, too.

I was about to start a new page for LongClick, together with ButtonsMenus, but then I couldn't decide how & where, and I started guessing whether two WikiWords can share one page, and how ... Well, not today.

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2010 04:22PM by SoerenB.

Date: August 19, 2010 04:35PM

Hmm, da kann ich mir gerade nicht soviel Reim drauf machen... Wieso denn eine eigene Page für Long-Clicks? Das ist doch nur das gleiche wie ein Rechts-Click (kann man übrigens auch mit Bindestrich schreiben ;-)
Und was könnte ButtonsMenus bedeuten...? Geht es da evt. um die Menu-Icons...? Du stürmst hier grad mit nem Affenzahn voran, LOL! grinning smiley
Hast du übrigens die PageIndex Seite schon gesehen? Könnte evt. hilfreich sein, wenn man ne neue anlegen will, erstmal gucken, was es schon so gibt... oder noch nicht...

Date: August 19, 2010 05:59PM

"PageIndex Seite":
danke für den Tip!

ButtonsMenus and LongClick would be the "WikiWords" for a page that would deal with

A) the fact that KM's buttons have context menus, and that those are working in a special way.
(This is a unique feature of K-Meleon. Do you know any other Windows program that has that, too? I know of none.)

cool smiley the special way(s) that that special feature is working, namely:

the standard Windows behaviour for context menus is:

1) Right Mouse Down just selects an object
2) Right Mouse Up displays the object's menu
3) You move your mouse to select the menu item
4) You have to click again to get the item's action

Whereas, for the KM's buttons, it is:

1) Right Mouse Down displays the object's menu
2) You move your mouse (with the mousebutton still down), selection follows mouse
3) You get the item's action on releasing the button

.. saving us roughly, ... , lets figure this out, ... , hhrrm , ... , 50% of those clicks?

Plus, you can do the same with the left button, just with a tiny delay of around 50 milliseconds.

Well, for me, that's enough reason for these features
EDIT: "...for these features being given a wiki page of their own", that line should go.

Any other opinions?
Or, if anybody agrees, where should I place that page?

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2010 10:51AM by SoerenB.

Date: August 19, 2010 09:45PM

Page could possibly start from 'Documentation' as a new item under 'For Experienced Users'.

Posted by: skecher
Date: August 21, 2010 08:33AM

I started guessing whether two WikiWords can share one page, and how ... Well, not today.

Date: August 22, 2010 09:25PM

Ah, it's context menus! *click* grinning smiley
Oh yes, those are very cool, just love that I can add them myself on any button I wish!!
Although I must admit, the number of clicks, well, the energy to click-hold-release doesn't really feel that much different from the usual click-release-click-release menus to me, never noticed ;-) Perhaps because 'holding' takes a bit energy too, and releasing happens as reflex, no idea.
(Long-click: you mean 500-1000ms..?)

Well, couldn't resist, and added 60 more screenshots - no, not directly on the page, just a link to softpedia which holds that mass!! For nearly all menus and pref tabs one, and BIG. Added that link below the KM153 screens and above the KM09 ones, hope it's okay. As they say, an image says more than 1000 words, and to see all those menus and configs "live" sure looks impressive... And answers a lot of questions, even those one didn't remember to ask yet :cool:
(If there's a problem with linking, please take out only the link function but leave the text)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2010 09:29PM by siria.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.