Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Can A KM Extentions Link Be Added in Help ?
Posted by: duffy2009
Date: September 21, 2010 01:22PM

desga2 ... just started using the 1.6 preBet version in the last few days with Win 98SE. I think there was a KM Extentsions link in the Help button in v1.5.4 (not 100% sure but I think there was) ... using your newer version right now. A link straight to the KM Extention Page would be handy. Also, I posted in the KM Bug thread a question for you about the "security lock", in the right corner, always being in a locked position whether at a "https" page or "http" page. Is this something new in v1.6 or something still for future development? ... the lock opens and closes in KM v1.5.4 and IE6.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can A KM Extentions Link Be Added in Help ?
Posted by: SoerenB
Date: September 21, 2010 03:37PM

There's a link to the "Extension Centre" as the 5th, and a "Search Extensions" entry as the 6th item in the Help menu here.

-------Sorry, I just checked again and realized those did NOT come with K-Meleon, but with the KEM (Version kemNT 5.5, I guess), which you seem to be unable to get running on Win98.

What I'd do as a workaround, if I were you: Add a new search, call it, say, "KMext via Google" with the search string:
http:/ /www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site:http:/ /kmext.sourceforge.net/%20
(delete the two blanks in the middles of those double slashes, I added those just to get the whole search string visible here)

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Posted by: desga2
Date: September 21, 2010 04:37PM

As SoerenB said, this menu options in Help menu are added by KEM Extension.

I didn't remember if is included in preBeta version, but in next Beta version I'll included bookmarks to K-Meleon Extensions websites.

About:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site:http://kmext.sourceforge.net/%20
(@ SoerenB: better if you use Bold or Italic text type to show clean url address)

This already isn't needed because Forum Search is now fixed.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2010 04:38PM by desga2.

Date: September 21, 2010 05:41PM

Ok, thanks desga2 and SoerenB ... just thought a link to KM Extensions would be handy.

Date: September 21, 2010 06:05PM

@ desga2:
thanks for the "italic2 tipp!

desga2
This already isn't needed because Forum Search is now fixed.

Sadly, Forum Search doesn't include the kmext.sourceforge.net pages ...

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 21, 2010 07:27PM

In 1.6's new chrome by desga2 a link will curently lead from about: plugins
to "Find more information about browser plugins at K-Meleon Extensions".

First line at the left below the heading "Installed plugins"

Check it out in the pre-beta that improves preferences panel and chrome.

It seems planned & it could lead to this text page in several languages (prototype!). A wiki page that can be translated and will switch to the language (if a suitable translation exists) that is set as preferred accept language by the respective user.

At the bottom a the 1.6 translations thread you'll find a post by desga2 about technical advantages of having the info as a wiki post.

p.s. BTW. It would be nice if not the Spanish or Germans but genuine native speakers would help to create an English text (based on the current info which is a forum thread text) about K-Meleon extensions smiling smiley

BTW. All Firefoxes and Seamonkys have the links in about: plugins that are leading to their Extensions and Plugins pages. & K-Meleon will have it there in future also, I hope so anyway.

Date: September 21, 2010 09:53PM

desga2 ... I checked KM v1.5.4 and this is what's in the Help button:

Extensions Centre
Search Extensions

Just thought I'd mention this ... thanks

Posted by: siria
Date: September 21, 2010 10:45PM

I like a lot the idea with the link from the Plugins info, but must admit am not overly happy with the target page yet :cool: Mainly that there are only links to the two external archives, but not to the wiki macro library and not to the macro forum (here). There may be a link to the forum, but sounds like it's only there for discussion, or perhaps I overlooked it, only had a quick glance right now...

Anyway, personally I'd still like best all relevant extension stuff sorted together, sort of like I had it tried last winter, except that IMHO the forum should be added also directly to macro library, kmext and geckozone:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/view;Resources?version=45#line44
And it probably sounds a bit "Huh?!" for most people which are looking for extensions to first read on top of that page so much stuff about posting 'own macros'... And am not sure if it's quite clear for clueless newbies that the two installers only work with their own version of macros, not those of the other archive, and that basically an installer isn't necessary for most macros, just makes things easier... That is, the macros from geckozone are more complicated, guess they DO need their installer or won't work when unzipping in KM folder, if I get that right...
And too much stress on Mozilla copies...
Just my opinion ;-)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2010 11:05PM by siria.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 21, 2010 11:03PM

guenter
p.s. BTW. It would be nice if not the Spanish or Germans but genuine native speakers would help to create an English text (based on the current info which is a forum thread text) about K-Meleon extensions smiling smiley

What is text that you need in English? I will try to help. May not get time until next week, but I should have plenty of time then.

Date: September 23, 2010 11:43AM

I must be going a little "loony" ... I posted a few days ago that it would be nice to have a KM Extensions link in the Help button area for v1.6 like v1.5.4 ...

Extensions Centre
Search Extensions

I didn't see those two links before when I posted but today I am seeing both links under the Help button. I have no idea where they came from but they are there now in my KM v1.6. They must have been there all the time.

Date: September 23, 2010 12:22PM

Duffy
They must have been there all the time.

Not all the time, but starting when you finally got the Extension Manager working, probably ...

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Date: September 23, 2010 04:19PM

SoerenB ... OK, I did update KEM from v5.5 to v5.9 in the last 2 days. I used the version for win 9x when I saw there was a newer one available. Here I thought it was a "miracle" ... everything has an explanation! Happy to see the links.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2010 04:20PM by duffy2009.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.