Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: K-Meleon 1.7 Alpha Development
Posted by: jsnj
Date: August 18, 2011 10:21PM

Matera the Mad
jsnj
Matera the Mad
Because, my fine-eyed friend, not all webpages are created with the same friggin font size. I'd still have to adjust them. *rolls eyes*

Page Display - Fonts

1.choose your minimum font size along with your preferred font.

2.uncheck allow documents to use other fonts.

Font Toggler extension is a good accompaniment to those settings for the few times you need to see the intended fonts & size.

This setup works well for me and is easier than having to adjust zoom on each page.

I look that dumb.... *shrug*

Forgive me for trying to assist the all knowing entity that is you. I won't make that mistake again. Enjoy your every page zooming!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 24, 2011 04:52PM

One assumption seldom fits all.

A.K.A. Arual the Wyrd

Date: August 25, 2011 04:21AM

Matera the Mad
ETA: Here is an interesting example of what can happen with those "perfect" settings:
-
One assumption seldom fits all.

You appear to have such a snarky know-it-all attitude towards someone just trying to assist. Never claimed any settings were perfect. Just claimed those worked for me and shared them with you and anyone else reading who may not want to manually zoom on almost EVERY page like you claimed. I have no way of knowing what you or anyone else knows or has tried regarding settings. That's why I posted step by step instructions. Anyway, regarding that page, that's where Font Toggler comes in handy. A simple button click or keypress coupled w/the infrequent zoom if needed seems easier to me than zooming all the time. But feel free to have the last word. I'm done with this off-topic exchange and your attitude. Peace!

Posted by: ndebord
Date: August 25, 2011 01:46PM

jsnj,

Font Toggler is very nice, only one little problem (for me), which is on my laptop the F12 key is on the "fn" combo and invokes hibernation. Refresh my non-coding brain (if you will) and tell me of another key combo I can change things to in the KMM macro.

:-)

N

Date: August 27, 2011 12:51AM

ndebord
jsnj,

Font Toggler is very nice, only one little problem (for me), which is on my laptop the F12 key is on the "fn" combo and invokes hibernation. Refresh my non-coding brain (if you will) and tell me of another key combo I can change things to in the KMM macro.

I used the F12 key because it was near the other toggle macro accels like javascript etc... You can change it in the following macro located towards the bottom of the kmm file. Change the bold text.

FontsAccel{
getpref(BOOL,$pref_FontsAccel) ? setaccel("VK_F12", "macros(FontToggle)"):0;
}

You can use any of these.

Example:

getpref(BOOL,$pref_FontsAccel) ? setaccel("ALT Z", "macros(FontToggle)"):0;

Any problems let me know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2011 12:59AM by jsnj.

Date: August 27, 2011 03:37AM

jsnj
ndebord
jsnj,

I used the F12 key because it was near the other toggle macro accels like javascript etc... You can change it in the following macro located towards the bottom of the kmm file. Change the bold text.

FontsAccel{
getpref(BOOL,$pref_FontsAccel) ? setaccel("VK_F12", "macros(FontToggle)"):0;
}

You can use any of these.

Example:

getpref(BOOL,$pref_FontsAccel) ? setaccel("ALT Z", "macros(FontToggle)"):0;

Any problems let me know.

jsnj,

No problems, works as advertised!

grinning smiley

N

Posted by: Marcos
Date: August 29, 2011 08:57PM

I am new to K-Meleon but am eager to try this browser.....Any projected date for the final release of 1.7? Also will it be compatible with Sandboxie? Thank You

Date: September 03, 2011 11:04PM

Marcos
I am new to K-Meleon but am eager to try this browser.....Any projected date for the final release of 1.7? Also will it be compatible with Sandboxie? Thank You

Marcos,

KM 1.7 alpha is being worked on sporadically. The main effort (for the moment) is work on KM 1.6 beta3.

N

Re: K-Meleon 1.6 beta 3
Posted by: Marcos
Date: October 03, 2011 05:34AM

Thanks. Any date for this release?

Date: October 03, 2011 12:52PM

Marcos

Marcos,

I am not privy to that information, but having been around K-Meleon for some time, the developers here have always been Mom and Pop, so resources are thin and work gets done inbetween work and family. <wry grin>

Work is being down on a KM 1.6 beta 3, can't say when it will come out. Will say that K-Meleon's beta2 is pretty good and I use it all the time instead of KM 1.5.4.

N

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: October 11, 2011 04:24PM

Marcos

one simple word: NO!

it'll be ready when the KM developers say that it's ready.
I know it's not what some people wanted to hear but look Marcos, there are few KM developers working on it plus they have a hectic & busy schedule outside the computing world. if they had more people (or help) working on KM, it should have been released a few months ago.

looks like we all have to wait longer...much longer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2011 04:26PM by 4td8s.

Date: October 11, 2011 04:33PM

4td8s
Marcos

one simple word: NO!

it'll be ready when the KM developers say that it's ready.
I know it's not what some people wanted to hear but look Marcos, there are few KM developers working on it plus they have a hectic & busy schedule outside the computing world. if they had more people (or help) working on KM, it should have been released a few months ago.

looks like we all have to wait longer...much longer.

4td8s,

Camino is once again talking about WebKit and also looking for C++ programmers.

Ideas there include using Flock code, no idea if anything there is helpful

http://immportflock.sourceforge.net/

Summer of Code query

N

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2011 02:38AM by ndebord.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 15, 2011 07:56PM

I don't know if this will be of any use or not. I don't have an adroid device. I suppose native android is just as different from Windows as XUL.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-20120877-264/new-firefox-interface-to-speed-up-firefox-on-android/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: March 25, 2012 02:01AM

ndebord

4td8s,

Camino is once again talking about WebKit and also looking for C++ programmers.

Ideas there include using Flock code, no idea if anything there is helpful

http://immportflock.sourceforge.net/

Summer of Code query

although Flock has been discontinued for almost a year and its web site has been recently taken down.

Students
Posted by: Dr. hc. Michael Eidel
Date: March 02, 2013 02:40PM

What I don't understand: Why cannot some students do the work and develop a new version? Or what about the Mozilla developpers?

Re: Students
Posted by: guenter
Date: March 02, 2013 05:32PM

K-Meleon setzt auf Mozillas mfcembed auf. Das ist die Anpassung von IE embed (Visual C Beispiel Code zum Einbetten von Browserfuntionalität in eine MFC Anwendung) von MS an Mozillas html Maschine.

Mozilla.org hat 2010 neben anderem die Entwicklung der MFC embed Anwendung eingestellt. Auch schon vorher waren die Tests zur Kompatibilität mit älteren Versionen der Anwendung halbherzig. Es war jedes einzige Mal mal ein Abenteuer, wenn bei K-Meleon die GRE gewechselt werden musste.

Den MFCembed Code zu warten ist jenseits der Möglichkeiten von ein paar Studenten.

Mit dem jetzigen schnellen Wechsel der Mozilla GRE ist das Ganze ein Faß ohne Boden.

K-Meleon war ein Hobby. Alle Entwickler hatten einen Job, Familie usw...

p.s. K-Meleon is built on Mozilla's mfcembed code. This is the adaptation of IE embed (Visual C sample code for embedding Browser funtionality into an MFC application) of MS to Mozilla's html engine.

2010 Mozilla.org among other things stopped the development of the MFC embed application. Even before that the tests for compatibility with older versions of the application were half-hearted. It had been an adventure every single time when the K-Meleon GRE had to be updated to a new version.

To maintain the MFCembed code is beyond the means of some students.

With the current rapid change of the whole Mozilla GRE the task is a bottomless pit.

K-Meleon was a hobby. All developers had a job, family, etc. ..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2013 05:48PM by guenter.

Posted by: joanlequi
Date: March 22, 2013 12:05PM

The project is active or not?

Posted by: rodocop
Date: March 22, 2013 07:36PM

hardly

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: May 30, 2013 11:19PM

It would be nice if people worked on it some more.

Re: K-Meleon 1.7.0 Alpha Development
Posted by: siria
Date: December 25, 2017 03:02PM

No I've not accidentally clicked the wrong topic :cool:

The prob is, KM1.7 is the last version that still runs -with a bit KernelEx help- on ancient systems.
But it's completely unusable as everyday-browser for people needing lots of macros and having JS blocked as much as possible. Mainly because the macros plugin is way too buggy in this early alpha version, not even injectJS works, let alone its "Return" function sad smiley

Considering at the moment there are a few people with dev skills hanging around (very rare event), anyone bored and would mind fixing at least injectJS, if not too complicated...?

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.