Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Themes Updated
Posted by: Rapido
Date: July 17, 2006 11:36PM

Hi! I want to tell all K-m users that all my themes are updated to 0.9 and they will now work with the newest builds of K-meleon. Just download and use.

Yours: Rapido

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Themes Updated
Date: July 18, 2006 10:47AM

Hi Again! Jsnj I hope that you wouldn't get angry if I borrow some stuff from your K.A.N.T. theme to finish a theme that I'm working on. Your bookmarks and favorites bars is perfect in the theme that i'm working on. So please don't get angry with me.

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 18, 2006 01:03PM

thx for Your work Rapido & maybe also have a look at:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=14285

Date: July 20, 2006 06:53PM

Hi! JSNJ if you read this I wish to tell you that i didn't use your images. I made my own to the theme or skin i'm working on so you can relax.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: July 23, 2006 12:37AM

Rapido,

So, which of your new themes are your favorites and which of all the various old themes sitting around do you think should get updated to work with KM 1.0?

<Inquiring Minds Want to Know!>

<g>

N

Posted by: ianko
Date: July 25, 2006 09:30AM

please informatin how to install new theme

Date: July 25, 2006 05:15PM

ianko,

K-Meleon 1.0 comes with only 3 themes: Phoenity, Phoenity (large) and Klassic.

Go to Main Menu: Click on Edit/Preferences. Look down the screen for a dialog box that say SKINS, then click on your choice out of the 3 available skins. When next you start up KM, you'll be using the new skin.

With any luck, work will now start on upgrading some of the many, many older skins to work with KM 1.0 in addition to KM 0.9.

N

Date: July 28, 2006 12:28PM

Hi! ndebord! About your question my favorite theme I must say is the Opera Dream and Meleotech along with the old Polymer. Polymer has a special place for me since it was one of my first theme that I thought looked great for me. I think that theese three along with Christmas Grinch theme should be the ones to be the first to be updated to K-m 1.0 and at the end I hope that all my themes will be updated as well.

Date: July 31, 2006 03:32AM

Rapido,

All 3 are worth upgrading. Meleotech reminds me slightly of Early Blue, but much more high tech than the minimalist feel of that original Mozilla Theme that they dropped in favor of their more traditional and I might add, boring theme. And talking of minimalist, that is the essense of Polymer imo (as you can see, I like minimalism). OperaDream is a pretty and functional adaptation of icons that work very nicely together in a pleasing color scheme.

It would be nice to see all the themes reborn for KM 1.0. Nostalgia makes me want to see Eyes Only themes done right at the top of the list, sort of as an homage to his earlier work.

But as I look through the Wiki, I see that our little group is responsibile for creating a very beautiful collection of themes that really deserve to see the light of day yet again!

N

Posted by: Fred
Date: July 31, 2006 06:19AM

I think that we should offer some themes for K-Meleon 1.0
as soon as possible.
Some of the themes for 0.9 could work, and would only
have to get a new toolbars.cfg with different macro links.
Early Blue for example had all the necessary buttons.
I do not know if Al does not want to have it in K-Meleon
anymore, as he removed it from the Wiki.
To adapt some older themes within a short time without
much work, they could be completed with the unobtrusive
privacy bar of the classic theme, and then a new toolbars.cfg.
Some of the Mozilla themes would be welcome, as
Orbit, Pinball or Modern. Skypilot is possibly too difficult
to reproduce. Krome and Kute are also good.
Thanks to Rapido for his work.

Fred

Date: July 31, 2006 07:58PM

Fred,

I did not follow the internal discussion on themes in the Wiki and since I don't develop themes don't think it my place to say what should be there or not.

The way I see it, you and others are better qualified to figure out which themes can be upgraded and I hope than can be done, so we can present more than just Phoenity and Klassic.

Personally I think Kute is a very, very nice theme, although, I hasten to add, that my heart belongs to Early Blue!

<weak grin>

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.