Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
SpellChecker documentation need colaborations
Posted by: desga2
Date: March 20, 2011 08:04PM

Please, can someone completed and fixed, with a good english, the next tutorial about spellchecker?
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/SpellChecker

Thanks.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SpellChecker documentation need colaborations
Posted by: ndebord
Date: March 21, 2011 03:20PM

desga2
Please, can someone completed and fixed, with a good english, the next tutorial about spellchecker?
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/SpellChecker

Thanks.

desga2,

Did a quick edit on this. Let me know if that is satisfactory to you.

N

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 21, 2011 04:16PM

@ Nick, Can You alter it so that it mentions how to set up other languages than en-US since en-US dic files are AFAIK included by default.

I for example also have: de-de.aff, de-de.dic; en-gb.aff, en-gb.dic & older German spelling. They also are in my dictionaries folder and I can use them as alternatives with spellchecker when I do not edit en-US but de-DE text.

Yes and good show, thx that You as native speaker become contributor now. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2011 04:16PM by guenter.

Date: March 22, 2011 01:25PM

guenter
@ Nick, Can You alter it so that it mentions how to set up other languages than en-US since en-US dic files are AFAIK included by default.

I for example also have: de-de.aff, de-de.dic; en-gb.aff, en-gb.dic & older German spelling. They also are in my dictionaries folder and I can use them as alternatives with spellchecker when I do not edit en-US but de-DE text.

Yes and good show, thx that You as native speaker become contributor now. smiling smiley

Guenter,

OK, but how do you set up other languages as I am an Anglophile with just American English and no ability at all with other languages, having flunked all at college and having a few words in French thanks to my French grandfather. <weak grin>

Once I grasp how to do it, I can edit a line or two to say how.

P.S. Guenter and Desga2,

OK, I did another edit. Please look at my rough edit and tell me if it is close to what you need.

Tks.

N

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2011 04:11AM by ndebord.

Posted by: siria
Date: March 22, 2011 11:59PM

Well okay, some 2-3 months ago I examined that spellcheck thing quite closely, and put all I learned in the forum thread for my spellprefs macro, and lots more info in the macro file itself. But don't have worked with it since anymore, so only talking from memory now (just hope not too much forgotten meanwhile ;-)

Anyway, guess the spellchecker feature was already included in KM1.6beta, since it's part of gecko now. The red underlines worked already. Only the spelltest.dll, which creates the context menu, was missing yet (or old version not working), but Mark has long since fixed it, and it's only 83kB, so I assume his new one will also be included in the next beta.
If yes, that would mean that KM1.6 doesn't need any additional installations, and IMHO that should be mentioned on the wiki page, not that people with KM1.6 get confused, or perhaps the browser itself with the complicated and not-anymore-needed old components files from the KM1.5-extension ;-)

So for KM1.6 users the wiki page would only be helpful to get more dictionaries with their own languages...

Disrupted's 1.5 extension contains already the "en-US" dictionary, and perhaps the future KM1.6 too?

By the way the languages can be switched on-the-fly in Marks spellcheck context menu, by clicking on "dictionaries".

There's no need to manually enable the spellchecker, it's enabled by default. The question is rather how to switch it off permanently ;-)

Not quite sure if it's really using the language setting given in the wiki, since it has an own one (okay I cheated and looked it up: "spellchecker.dictionary" :coolsmiling smiley Possibly it uses the wiki one if the other one is not defined, no idea...

In KM1.6 the new spelltest.dll only contains a minor bug yet, but should be mentioned: the cursor must be put inside the word to get the word suggestions list. In KM1.5 hovering over a word is enough.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2011 12:14AM by siria.

Date: March 23, 2011 04:14AM

siria
Well okay, some 2-3 months ago I examined that spellcheck thing quite closely, and put all I learned in the forum thread for my spellprefs macro, and lots more info in the macro file itself. But don't have worked with it since anymore, so only talking from memory now (just hope not too much forgotten meanwhile ;-)

Anyway, guess the spellchecker feature was already included in KM1.6beta, since it's part of gecko now. The red underlines worked already. Only the spelltest.dll, which creates the context menu, was missing yet (or old version not working), but Mark has long since fixed it, and it's only 83kB, so I assume his new one will also be included in the next beta.
If yes, that would mean that KM1.6 doesn't need any additional installations, and IMHO that should be mentioned on the wiki page, not that people with KM1.6 get confused, or perhaps the browser itself with the complicated and not-anymore-needed old components files from the KM1.5-extension ;-)

So for KM1.6 users the wiki page would only be helpful to get more dictionaries with their own languages...

Disrupted's 1.5 extension contains already the "en-US" dictionary, and perhaps the future KM1.6 too?

By the way the languages can be switched on-the-fly in Marks spellcheck context menu, by clicking on "dictionaries".

There's no need to manually enable the spellchecker, it's enabled by default. The question is rather how to switch it off permanently ;-)

Not quite sure if it's really using the language setting given in the wiki, since it has an own one (okay I cheated and looked it up: "spellchecker.dictionary" :coolsmiling smiley Possibly it uses the wiki one if the other one is not defined, no idea...

In KM1.6 the new spelltest.dll only contains a minor bug yet, but should be mentioned: the cursor must be put inside the word to get the word suggestions list. In KM1.5 hovering over a word is enough.

Siria,

A lot of the pieces of the puzzle for KM 1.6 are scattered around. Perhaps an interim release might help just to get all of it together in one place and later we can get another release out whenever history and other issues are resolved.

N

Date: March 23, 2011 02:57PM

Siria,

You are talking about 0.0.8 spelltest?

N

Date: March 23, 2011 05:41PM

Yep, I mean Marks new spelltest plugin from this January, v0.0.8 for KM1.6 or newer. It works in combination with the native gecko 1.9 spellchecker already included in KM1.6beta:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,113831,114244#msg-114244

The menu gets visible with either his spelltest.kmm or the SpellCheck.kmm

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2011 06:02PM by siria.

Date: March 23, 2011 07:22PM

siria
Yep, I mean Marks new spelltest plugin from this January, v0.0.8 for KM1.6 or newer. It works in combination with the native gecko 1.9 spellchecker already included in KM1.6beta:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,113831,114244#msg-114244

The menu gets visible with either his spelltest.kmm or the SpellCheck.kmm

Works just fine with just the two? I copied both over... will it work with just one?

P.S. It seems you have to highlight a word, then click on CTRL Q to make the speller show up.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2011 07:23PM by ndebord.

Date: March 23, 2011 07:45PM

ndebord
P.S. It seems you have to highlight a word, then click on CTRL Q to make the speller show up.

Ctrl+Q is the keyboard shortcut, but just right-clicking with the mouse also works. It brings up the normal context menu, which contains an entry for spellchecker.
Highlighting isn't needed, only for word-suggestions the blinking cursor must first be placed inside a word too, not just the mouse hovering over it...

Installation in KM1.6 is really much simpler than in KM1.5. It needs nothing additional except spelltest.dll (in kplugins), a spellxxxx.kmm (in macros), and a dictionary of course smiling smiley
And it seems like at least the first 2 (or all 3) will already be included in future KM-versions out-of-the-box :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2011 07:54PM by siria.

Date: March 23, 2011 08:51PM

siria
ndebord

Ctrl+Q is the keyboard shortcut, but just right-clicking with the mouse also works. It brings up the normal context menu, which contains an entry for spellchecker.
Highlighting isn't needed, only for word-suggestions the blinking cursor must first be placed inside a word too, not just the mouse hovering over it...

Installation in KM1.6 is really much simpler than in KM1.5. It needs nothing additional except spelltest.dll (in kplugins), a spellxxxx.kmm (in macros), and a dictionary of course smiling smiley
And it seems like at least the first 2 (or all 3) will already be included in future KM-versions out-of-the-box :-)

Siria,

Then I have something non-standard in my setup as the right click doesn't show, however Ctrl Q works just fine.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2011 08:52PM by ndebord.

Date: March 23, 2011 08:57PM

If you right-click in a text area, do you see that "Undo / Redo / Paste / etc." menu? And it does not contain below some "Spell..." entry too? Then it must be something wrong with the .kmm file

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 23, 2011 09:20PM

ndebord
Then I have something non-standard in my setup as the right click doesn't show, however Ctrl Q works just fine.

The version for K-Meleon 1.6.bet2 is on the dhost server You know from GRE mail.

Just in case You tried with another.

Date: March 24, 2011 02:20AM

guenter
ndebord

The version for K-Meleon 1.6.bet2 is on the dhost server You know from GRE mail.

Just in case You tried with another.

Guenter,

I have the one Siria is talking about, is that the one you are talking about too?

N

Date: March 24, 2011 07:33AM

*blush* Okay, time to stop to only use memory, but I had warned you about it ;-)
After actually looking inside my files, KM1.6 also needs the "spellchk.dll" in the components folder, BUT that is already included out-of-the-box in the beta by desga. KM1.7 does NOT need that additional file anymore.
AND you probably still have it, or I doubt that spellchecking would work at all.

But anyway, that has nothing to do with your missing menu entry in the context menu. That needs nothing but the kmm-file, since that entry is just build by macrolanguage, very simple and completely independant from any other files or dll's.
It's possible there was some harmless issue in Marks new kmm or some confusion with old and new kmms, can't remember for sure... but if yes then it was mentioned in the forum thread...

Don't have enough time right now to check deeper, but just look inside your macros folder and the user macros folder, open your spellxxxxx.kmm file with notepad and post the full contents here?

Or you could check if my spellprefs macro works for you, it uses the same plugin command of course, just moved the menu entry around a bit ;-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2011 08:12AM by siria.

Date: March 24, 2011 01:52PM

siria
*blush* Okay, time to stop to only use memory, but I had warned you about it ;-)
After actually looking inside my files, KM1.6 also needs the "spellchk.dll" in the components folder, BUT that is already included out-of-the-box in the beta by desga. KM1.7 does NOT need that additional file anymore.
AND you probably still have it, or I doubt that spellchecking would work at all.

But anyway, that has nothing to do with your missing menu entry in the context menu. That needs nothing but the kmm-file, since that entry is just build by macrolanguage, very simple and completely independant from any other files or dll's.
It's possible there was some harmless issue in Marks new kmm or some confusion with old and new kmms, can't remember for sure... but if yes then it was mentioned in the forum thread...

Don't have enough time right now to check deeper, but just look inside your macros folder and the user macros folder, open your spellxxxxx.kmm file with notepad and post the full contents here?

Or you could check if my spellprefs macro works for you, it uses the same plugin command of course, just moved the menu entry around a bit ;-)

Siria,

Much thanks. Here's the kmm file in macros.

===========

SPELLTEST.KMM

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)

# --------- spelltest plugin settting example -----------
#
# Dependencies :
# Resources : -
# Preferences : -
#
# -------------------------------------------------------
# ----- PRIVATE

Spelltest_mouse{
id("spelltest(mouse)");
}
Spelltest_word{
id("spelltest(word)");
}
_Spelltest_BuildMenu{
setmenu("TextPopup",macro,_("spell"),"Spelltest_mouse");
}
_Spelltest_SetAccels{
setaccel("CTRL Q","macros(Spelltest_word)");
}
$OnInit=$OnInit."_Spelltest_SetAccels;_Spelltest_BuildMenu;";

# ----------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."Spelltest;";

===========

N

Date: March 24, 2011 09:37PM

Hmm... that should really work... Just tried it myself, it's fine... *confused*
Are you 100% sure you do not have overlooked a tiny "spell" entry in the context menu??
I'd wonder if the macro were disabled in the prefs, but then again, the shortcut probably wouldn't work...

Date: March 25, 2011 01:16AM

siria
Hmm... that should really work... Just tried it myself, it's fine... *confused*
Are you 100% sure you do not have overlooked a tiny "spell" entry in the context menu??
I'd wonder if the macro were disabled in the prefs, but then again, the shortcut probably wouldn't work...

siria,

Sorry, don't understand. A tiny "spell" entry in the context menu?????

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.