Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
New Themes - Problem
Posted by: Rach
Date: July 26, 2006 03:05AM

Hey Guys,

Just writing regarding a problem I am having with a theme I am making. My apologies if this has been asked before, or if the answer is obvious ;(.

I use the Classic Theme for Win XP Home, and I made my theme and it looks great! However, when I switched over to see how it looks with the Default XP Theme (Blue), I found out that when I hover over the toolbar buttons in K-Meleon (toolbars, layers etc..), the background changes to white, instead of keeping the background from back.bmp.

How do I fix this? Does anyone know why it works with XP Classic Theme, and not XP Default?

Another quick question: When I am ready to submit my themes, how exactly do I go about doing that?

Thanks muchly for reading smiling smiley

-Rach

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Themes - Problem
Posted by: rmn
Date: July 28, 2006 12:33PM

*bump*

Can someone confirm this?

Date: July 30, 2006 06:46PM

Does anyone else using XP have this problem? I have taken some screenshots, because I don't think I explained it very well.

I took screenshots of two themes, one mine, the other is the 888 theme.

Here goes;

Windows XP Home - Classic Theme, button hover:

i34.photobucket.com/albums/d108/jigsaw_psyche/classictheme.png

Windows XP Home - Default Theme (Blue), button hover:
i34.photobucket.com/albums/d108/jigsaw_psyche/defaulttheme.png

Can't post url's for some reason so please put http:// before them.

Thanks very much for reading smiling smiley

Posted by: Rapido
Date: July 30, 2006 09:52PM

Hi! I will take a wild guess after the look at your screenshot and say that I think that your toolbar.bmp's missing transparancy. And if that is the case you have used an illigal background color as transparancy color. The color to use in all 2-3 toolbars is magenta (look like pink) and hopefully your theme will work.

Yours: Rapido

Date: July 30, 2006 10:11PM

Thanks for the response, Rapido. However, the first screenshot I have provided works fine in classic mode, and it looks fine.

I have indeed used Magenta with the transparency colour ( 255,0,255), and other K-Meleon themes I have tried also have the same 'white background' problem on mouse hover in XP Default theme. ( I also used the 888 IE theme for comparison).

Is it something wrong with a setting on my computer?

Thanks smiling smiley

-Rach

Date: July 31, 2006 10:44PM

I just wish I knew if there might be a problem with some setting in your computer but I don't. What kind of program are you using when creating toolbars? It might be the case!!! It's just a guess from me that it could be some error in the program setting for the program you are using.

Date: August 01, 2006 07:56AM

LOL yeah, problems with my computer would be hard to diagnose haha; I didn't realise that.

I am using the program TB Paint to make my toolbars.

But yeah, just wondering whats going on, because other people's themes look the same way mine does (white background).

-Rach

Date: August 01, 2006 11:14AM

Well it seems that the browser is spookie at the moment then if others has the same problem.

P.S. TB Paint is the best.

D.S.

Date: August 01, 2006 02:13PM

ahhh no worries!

Thanks so much for taking the time to go through it with me smiling smiley I really appreciate it.

-Rach

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.