Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
No new version??
Posted by: mail2sc
Date: May 21, 2011 06:56AM

Guys, the current version has some problems with Java..(i.e when you open too many pages with java it will hang-even if cache is made bigger)..

i think its high time for another release...

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No new version??
Posted by: guenter
Date: May 21, 2011 07:30AM

Use K-Meleon 1.6beta2 (STABLE with a few minor bugs) to have a newer JavaScript engine.

p.s. You will have to wait till the devs have time and inclination to update further.

It probably escaped You but the devs have a normal everday job like You (& this browser is only their hobby to do in their free time). This is no commercial project where You as a paying customer have at least the moral right to get an update.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2011 11:03AM by guenter.

Date: May 21, 2011 02:31PM

guenter
Use K-Meleon 1.6beta2 (STABLE with a few minor bugs) to have a newer JavaScript engine.

p.s. You will have to wait till the devs have time and inclination to update further.

It probably escaped You but the devs have a normal everday job like You (& this browser is only their hobby to do in their free time). This is no commercial project where You as a paying customer have at least the moral right to get an update.

sorry if i was rude.. but actually i know, K-meleon is a priveledge and not a right. just i have a habit of making things little funny..

i am using the version you told...

Posted by: ndebord
Date: May 21, 2011 05:29PM

mail2sc
guenter

sorry if i was rude.. but actually i know, K-meleon is a priveledge and not a right. just i have a habit of making things little funny..

i am using the version you told...

Can you provide an example of where Java chokes using KM (latest beta)?

Thanks.

N

Date: May 22, 2011 06:45AM

@ ndebord,

(i.e when you open too many pages with java it will hang-even if cache is made bigger)

Means IMHO that PC or K-Meleon is not able anymore to run multiple JavaScripts.

I do not know whether that is any better with browsers that have a new generation JavaScript engine. You'd have to try.

Date: May 22, 2011 12:55PM

guenter
@ ndebord,

(i.e when you open too many pages with java it will hang-even if cache is made bigger)

Means IMHO that PC or K-Meleon is not able anymore to run multiple JavaScripts.

I do not know whether that is any better with browsers that have a new generation JavaScript engine. You'd have to try.

Guenter,

My bad, I was thinking Java, not Javascript. Would like to see a test site (case) to double check for myself. Thanks for the info.

N

Date: May 22, 2011 06:24PM

Maybe try to open several V8 Benchmark Suite version 5 pages to get an effect. grinning smiley

Do not use version 6 since that kills AFAIK K-Meleon right away.

p.s. Java did not make sense - it is an external application/plugin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2011 06:29PM by guenter.

Date: May 26, 2011 08:10AM

for ex some pages of this website cannot be opened..

believe me, everytime, i click on homepage(going to homepage) it will kill k-meleon..

also happens with Indiatimes.com and sometimes also with facebook... seems like the browser couldnt handle anymore.. please check..

Date: May 26, 2011 12:24PM

mail2sc

believe me, everytime, i click on homepage(going to homepage) it will kill k-meleon..

also happens with Indiatimes.com and sometimes also with facebook... seems like the browser couldnt handle anymore.. please check..

Which? Nobody will doubt that You have one crash or several. smiling smiley

Can You post a link to the home page? So that others can try to verify whether it is site, browser related or whether it happens only with Your install.

I tried with http://www.indiatimes.com/ as home page: No crash here.

I do not have a facebook account & cannot check that.

Try: Clear Cache. If this does not help You may have to start a new Profile to try with that.

Mysterious crashes are often from from corrupt cache and prefs.js in profile.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2011 12:25PM by guenter.

Date: May 26, 2011 07:32PM

mail2sc

mail2sc,

No problems for me at Indiatimes.com; what is the URL for the other site that killed KM?

TKs.

XP PRO SP3, P3, 768Megs RAM, Km 1.6.0 beta 2

N

Date: May 29, 2011 06:17AM

ndebord
mail2sc

mail2sc,

No problems for me at Indiatimes.com; what is the URL for the other site that killed KM?

TKs.

well now its fine.. as friend told me to create a new profile...

it was a cache problem...

thanks guys for the help...smiling smiley

Date: May 29, 2011 02:20PM

mail2sc
ndebord
mail2sc

mail2sc,

TKs.

well now its fine.. as friend told me to create a new profile...

it was a cache problem...

thanks guys for the help...smiling smiley

Glad you figured it out. <g>

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.