Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
[Help] Visual Studio 2008
Posted by: microkernels
Date: July 06, 2011 01:59PM

Hello..

I just want to ask if we can use the Visual C++ in the Visual Studio 2008 in building the K-Meleon's source code.I can't any of the installer of the VS2003 or it's not available anymore.Can somebody help me. Thank you very much..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: [Help] Visual Studio 2008
Posted by: guenter
Date: July 07, 2011 07:31AM

microkernels
Hello..

I just want to ask if we can use the Visual C++ in the Visual Studio 2008 in building the K-Meleon's source code. I can't any of the installer of the VS2003 or it's not available anymore. Can somebody help me. Thank you very much..

K-Meleon 1.5.4 is build with VC 7.1 by default. I do not know whether it can be build with a newer compiler. But I know that You can not build the GRE 1.8.x and its SDK with Visual Studio 2008 (VC9). The compiler is not supported by the mozilla.org sources. I tried with VC9 and got this result as a build error. And You will IMHO need the VC9 build SDK to build K-Meleon.exe.

K-Meleon 1.6.beta2 is build with VC 8 by default (Dorian, the core developer builds that way) but it can also be build with VC9. deadlock an I (with instructions from deadlock) have managed to build with VC9. My resulting exe was unstable however. No idea why.

Plugins and exe need the directive

Dorian
Posted by: Dorian
Date: June 25, 2011 09:35AM

In the preprocessor directive you should add
WINVER=0x500;_WIN32_IE=0x0500;

Also make sure that "treat wchar_t as built-in type" is set to no in the compiler option.

You will also find some more info about building K-Meleon.exe with new VC8 (usable probably also for VC9) compilers in that thread. Errors building K-Meleon with Gecko 1.9.1 using VS2005. I had much the same problems with VC9 if I remember correctly.

You will find info about compilers and how to build the needed GREs and SDKs for K-Meleon 1.5.4 and 1.6.beta in the K-Meleon wiki.

You can possibly try to work around the unavailable old VC 7.1 studio or standard with other tools that are mentioned including links in the K-Meleon Wiki. You will find info about building software with VC7.1 compiler from Toolkit 2003 and other VC Versions in Visual C++ .NET Standard Edition - Free Optimizing Compiler. I also read that You can prepend the needed VC7.1 compilers, headers and Libs to VC8 Express installs. MFC42 headers and Libs are with the Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Driver Development Kit (DDK). This might be sufficient to build the 1.5.4 exe if Dorian did not add anything from mfc71 since K-Meleon version 1.0.

BTW. How did Your assignment about skinning turn out?

Greetings from Germany

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2011 11:23AM by guenter.

Date: July 24, 2011 03:53PM

guenter

BTW. How did Your assignment about skinning turn out?

Greetings from Germany

Hello sir guenter..

the link for the Texture Editor, AVIQuick and GIF2AVI in the Theme tools are all dead links.. I can't download any of the files.Thank you..

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 25, 2011 09:19AM

microkernels

the link for the Texture Editor, AVIQuick and GIF2AVI in the Theme tools are all dead links.. I can't download any of the files.Thank you..

Yes page pages info is ancient and some links are broken.

I googled:

http://avi-quick.soft-ware.net/download.asp seems still to exist as download.

The rest is gone. Now You'd probably use Gimp or some other new tool for the works.

For gif2avi I found other tool: http://www.all-freeware.com/details/35326/falco-auto-image.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2011 09:21AM by guenter.

Date: July 25, 2011 04:28PM

guenter
microkernels

Yes page pages info is ancient and some links are broken.

I googled:

http://avi-quick.soft-ware.net/download.asp seems still to exist as download.

The rest is gone. Now You'd probably use Gimp or some other new tool for the works.

For gif2avi I found other tool: http://www.all-freeware.com/details/35326/falco-auto-image.html

Thank you very much sir guenter for this.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.