Help getting set up with K-meleon
Posted by: Greg
Date: September 17, 2011 09:24PM

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get K-meleon built, up and running soon so I can hopefully start contributing. I tried setting it up with the easy way(download of K-meleon build environment), I then tried building it but it failed on 3 projects.

I am using Visual Studio 2010 I'm not sure if I am missing something or if this may be an issue. Here are the lines that appear to cause the failure:

3>privacy_private.rc(3): fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'resource.h'.

2>c:\users\greg\desktop\k-meleonbe1.x\src\macros2\object.h(146): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
2>c:\users\greg\desktop\k-meleonbe1.x\src\macros2\object.h(147): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
2>c:\users\greg\desktop\k-meleonbe1.x\src\macros2\object.h(148): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
2>c:\users\greg\desktop\k-meleonbe1.x\src\macros2\object.h(149): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

2>macros.cpp(738): error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'const char *' to 'TCHAR *'
2> Conversion loses qualifiers

1>PostBuildEvent:
1> The system cannot find the path specified.
1> 0 file(s) copied.
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(113,5): error MSB3073: The command "copy js_bridge.xpt ..\..\release\components\
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(113,5): error MSB3073: :VCEnd" exited with code 1.
1>
1>Build FAILED.

If anyone can help me or there is more information I can provide just let me know.

Thanks,
-Greg

Build Questions VC10
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 18, 2011 07:30PM

Greg
Hi everyone,

I am trying to get K-meleon built, up and running soon so I can hopefully start contributing. I tried setting it up with the easy way(download of K-meleon build environment), I then tried building it but it failed on 3 projects.

I am using Visual Studio 2010 I'm not sure if I am missing something or if this may be an issue. Here are the lines that appear to cause the failure:

3>privacy_private.rc(3): fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'resource.h'.

2>c:\users\greg\desktop\k-meleonbe1.x\src\macros2\object.h(146): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
2>c:\users\greg\desktop\k-meleonbe1.x\src\macros2\object.h(147): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
2>c:\users\greg\desktop\k-meleonbe1.x\src\macros2\object.h(148): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
2>c:\users\greg\desktop\k-meleonbe1.x\src\macros2\object.h(149): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

2>macros.cpp(738): error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'const char *' to 'TCHAR *'
2> Conversion loses qualifiers

1>PostBuildEvent:
1> The system cannot find the path specified.
1> 0 file(s) copied.
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(113,5): error MSB3073: The command "copy js_bridge.xpt ..\..\release\components\
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(113,5): error MSB3073: :VCEnd" exited with code 1.
1>
1>Build FAILED.

Use my answer with a grain of salt. I am no developer but a user.

I do not know whether You can really use VC10.

As per Mozilla build instructions VC 10 ins not supported to build the GRE for K-Meleon 1.6beta: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Windows_Build_Prerequisites_(1.9.0_and_1.9.1_branches)

Neither will it build the GRE for K-Meleon 1.7alphas.
https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Developer_Guide/Build_Instructions/Windows_Prerequisites

AFAIK You need the libs of the respective GRE build with the compiler You want to use to build K-Meleon or the kplugins.

You can however build the GRE & K-Meleon's Kplugins (but not K-Meleon.exe) with free tools so You are not hooked to VC 10.

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/BuildKMeleonDistribution

The tutorial has links to the free tools.

I'd use either Visual Studio 2005 Express-Edition additionally SP1 that is close to what Dorian used for 1.6betas & 1.7 alpha else You can use Visual Studio 2008 Express-Edition with SP1 that is close to what deadlock uses to try to carry on development.

Both use Visual Studio versions not the VC Express versions.

1.) The location of the file resource.h must be added to the path.
Dorian probably did it in his vcproject file.
I did not know how/where to do that so I altered privacy_private.rc

line 3 to #include "../resource.h"

deadlock suggested that change.

2.) You can try with my macros2.vcproject file. Attached.

3.) Run ./Jsbridge/genidl.cmd manually or add to Your vcproject that it must be executed.

That makes AFAIK that the xpt is there, where it is needed.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2011 11:03PM by guenter.

Attachments: macros2.zip (1.6 KB)  
K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.