Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Fast, quick finish - isn't it possible?
Posted by: robert
Date: September 21, 2011 10:56PM

Very often, I decide to finish the session, principally when there's a problem, but it works very very slooooowwwwwww. The only (not so good) solution is to disconnect the electric current, sometimes I do it.
When I begin, I see the question: do you want to restore your last session? I never want this. It means that the jackanappas (the computer) lost time to memorize what I was looking in the last session.
Isn't it possible to create a "fast, quick finish" that doesn't lost time to memorize the site that the user is looking?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fast, quick finish - isn't it possible?
Posted by: cleanShutdown
Date: September 22, 2011 05:35AM

Yes, your options include:

Disable Session Saver (Preferences > K-Meleon Plugins)
or
use the .cleanShutdown preference to disable the alert
or
remove loader.exe from startup.

siria
To only stop that annyoing crash alert:
add a special line to your config as a workaround to suppress that alert box (even if it really crashed last time),
or manually close the browser each time before shutting down the system (bothersome),
or disable the sessions plugin (F2/KM-Plugins) (but then your previous sessions are never remembered)

siria
Open browser, click Edit > Configuration > User Settings
Add this as last line and save:
user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.sessions.cleanShutdown", true);

See http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?3,118897

Re: Fast, quick finish - isn't it possible?
Posted by: robert
Date: September 23, 2011 02:35AM

I did what you suggest in the first line.
After this first suggestion, you gave a seocnd suggestion. Could you explain how to do it for a beginner (ignorant in computer issues)? I don't know where is this clean shutdown preference.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.