Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Outdated Browser
Posted by: Jesse
Date: November 14, 2011 08:38PM

I went to Youtube. I got this message

"Hey there, this is not a commercial interruption. You’re using an outdated browser, which YouTube no longer supports. Some features on YouTube may not work.

Please upgrade to a modern browser. Here are a few options:" IE, Opera, Safari, Google Chome & FirexFox download Links.

I am using the version 1.5.4.

Any ideas on Upgrading the Broswer version with up to date features? I really like this K-Meleon.

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Outdated Browser
Posted by: ndebord
Date: November 15, 2011 01:41AM

Jesse
I went to Youtube. I got this message

"Hey there, this is not a commercial interruption. You’re using an outdated browser, which YouTube no longer supports. Some features on YouTube may not work.

Please upgrade to a modern browser. Here are a few options:" IE, Opera, Safari, Google Chome & FirexFox download Links.

I am using the version 1.5.4.

Any ideas on Upgrading the Broswer version with up to date features? I really like this K-Meleon.

Thanks in advance.

The latest beta is pretty stable. Won't run under W98xxx, but will run under XP.

Look here.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/kmeleon/files/k-meleon-dev/1.6.0Beta/K-Meleon1.6.0_Beta2_en-US.7z/download

N

Posted by: Nort
Date: November 30, 2011 12:59AM

K-Meleon need's only create a patch(if so inclined)for older computer users,
ie; win.98se .
I realise I have posted tisin te development section,an oversight onmy part,I apolagise to those "members" whom Ive ofended lol.
This post was initially intended for the off-topic section,as Robocop pointed out so kindly.
However,everything *does* seem to happen for a reason,and...because of my....error,Ive only proven that,indeed,Im not perfect,as Robocop seems to be,hence his choice of nickname seems to apply(or would cyber-bully be more fitting)

I simply wanted to bring to the attention of other users,that there are other options out there,that are available to those wo are not in a fancifull financial situation,like our good friend,Robocop.

It's a sad sad day,when one is chastised for being a humble family man,trying to feed a family of three(inc. my wife and just turned one yr. old),by doing what he can to shave *any* extra expenses off the monthly budjet....By simply asking a few questions,simply to extend,yes,the life of a...."dinasoeur"....
'Nuff said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2011 01:38AM by Nort.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: December 01, 2011 05:42AM

Seems like spam now.

There are 'Linux users' and 'Off-topic' sections on this forum - post such things there.

P.S. And sure, Kubuntu isn't lightest distro (neither the best choice) for old PCs in general.

Posted by: Nort
Date: December 02, 2011 01:20AM

Then mabee you should stop reading thru my posts,seems like the only opinion that matters is yours.

I dont write spam.But I CAN take critisism,it just has to be constructive.
Please dont make this into amud slinging contest.Unless youve someting to offer
to the thread(constructive....or a joke,ect..),then take your business elsewhere,
orI shall be forced to report your unprofessional behavior and have your accountsuspended.
Are we clear?

Date: December 02, 2011 04:19PM

It's not about OPINIONS, dude! Understand it and stop your aggression, please.

You've mistaken - OK! You've admited it and I see it but I can't turn back time and not to react in past :-)

This time my constructive is to keep forum clean and clear for all. Such misposting and thoughts chaos (I've left aside real spam bots) make it very difficult to read threads and find useful info.

So chill out, 'hot estonian boy' (c). Slow down, take it easy and have fun. That's what open source is ;-)

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 03, 2011 04:56PM

Peace please.

This is a moderated forum. You can ask moderators by mail or as a post in a thread to correct problems or e.g. move posts to another area of the forum (or delete spam, inappropriate, outdated, duplicate or erroneous posts that they have overlooked - this also applies when You want one of Your own old posts corrected, deleted...).

Please refrain from comments about other peoples language and language competence, unless You want tell them that we not in school and anything that is understood is acceptable. Or anything else that is nice and friendly. smiling smiley

Acceptable are posts in all languages, especially ones that understood by more than 1 visitor. grinning smiley

BTW. If You think that translation tools need to be used to communicate You should use short SPO (subject predicate object) sentences and try to say it both in English and in Your native first language. No matter what language You use some things are generally not a bad idea. Do not write words together, use the standard language of Your nation, use a spell checker, leave a space after commas and points... (unless You need or want to communicate only with ppl from Your own area). Translation tools are not fit enough yet to navigate around such handicaps.

Maybe inform new people on this or other things that make their forum experience better, when needed.

If I remember right it was the "I installed Linux" post that started the argument.

If one of the moderators (e.g. I) had realized that not moving the install Linux post to the Linux section of this forum would cause friction he would have moved it.

I personally thought that as a second thought the post was some help/idea what to do on older machines with Windows versions that are not supported anymore by Microsoft, so I let it go.

Thanks for posting in the K-Meleon forums.

С уважением

guenter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2011 05:32PM by guenter.

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: December 04, 2011 06:46PM

whoa rodocop. i wonder what was Nort's problem, btw? elaborate if you want to.

Date: December 04, 2011 11:12PM

4td8s
whoa rodocop. i wonder what was Nort's problem, btw? elaborate if you want to.

This thread is fully devoted to that problem and additionally there were numerous post throughout all the forum smiling smiley

Posted by: dugbugoffice2
Date: March 06, 2012 04:37PM

KM 1.6, 1.7 will work on win98 etc. You will need
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kernelex

And you should secure up 98, ME a bit.
http://www.angelfire.com/bug/dugbuglas2/OLDPC.html

Firefox stops at FF 3.6+ on a old system.
Opera 12 will work but you will have to get into
OPERA:CONFIG & turn off the Webgl &
Hardware acceleration.

Flash, you will have to go where the files are & set each file to run in winXP with
kernelex.
Java7 is kind of hard, but you can do it.
http://www.angelfire.com/bug/dugbuglas2/OLDPC.html

And I have some versions of KM, K-Meleon-1.7.28db+v10.7z etc...
It has it's bugs, but that is norm WIN 98 etc is 14 years old now.
And still running. It's a time machine! We all have Time machines!

http://home.dbdbdugbug.operaunite.com/Projects/content/KMFILES

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2012 04:38PM by dugbugoffice2.

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: March 08, 2012 12:42AM

dugbugoffice2

Opera 12 will work but you will have to get into
OPERA:CONFIG & turn off the Webgl &
Hardware acceleration.

not on win98/me alone, dugbugoffice2. opera 12's installer won't install on a native win98 or winme OS unless kernelex is installed and run in either win2k or winxp compatibility mode. Opera officially dropped win98/me support, starting with version 11.

Posted by: scambuster
Date: March 10, 2012 05:15AM

jackylu has embedded an invisible web bug in his spam postings, using a redirecting url for tracking purposes

The proof:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/search.php?2,author=2777,match_type=USER_ID,match_dates=0,match_threads=0

The redirect exposed:
http://longurl.org/expand?url=gbielin.info%2Fg.gif

Alas, viewing this posting has helped his wicked cause.

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 10, 2012 05:30AM

scambuster
jackylu has embedded an invisible web bug in his spam postings, using a redirecting url for tracking purposes

The proof:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/search.php?2,author=2777,match_type=USER_ID,match_dates=0,match_threads=0

The redirect exposed: removed URL of hidden Gif

Alas, viewing this posting has helped his wicked cause.

The two posts were removed. They did not make sense anyway.

p.s. How did You find that he had posted an invisible picture and how does the scam work in detail?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2012 05:39AM by guenter.

Posted by: scambuster
Date: March 10, 2012 09:59PM

guenter
How did You find that he had posted an invisible picture and how does the scam work in detail?

His postings seemed odd to me so I clicked his name and then the link to the rest of his postings, those search results exposed the image url since he had written so little.

Realizing the image was a 'shortened' url I wanted to see what redirects it contained. My longurl link (a url revealing service) showed that an amazon affiliate link was among the targets, it also connects to an imgquick dot com and then to a series of random spammy websites where the image appears to be delivered from. It's a really tangled web by a spammer gaming the system. I can only guess at how it all pays off for these scum sucking sociopaths.

The amazon affiliate link is often different each time the url is loaded and the target website is often different as well. I suspect that all of these redirects are gaming the search engine spiders, leading to the usual sort of inbound SEO links that help the targeted domains. I thought that perhaps the "Amazon Associates" code (which always leads to a Kindle page, amazon's hottest selling item) might be generating money by delivering 'impressions' (views) but it turns out amazon doesn't pay for impressions like some ad networks, but they do say that "impressions.... data will allow you to more easily measure the performance of your Amazon links and determine which links to use to maximize your earnings." Which could mean that the spammer is placing these bugs in thousands of locations and using amazon's analytics to measure the traffic for each, which might reveal where the spammer could to return to in order to post more direct spam. I don't know exactly how amazon is being gamed but the spammer must have product links out there somewhere tied to his 'associate' accounts.

Date: March 17, 2012 10:24PM

It works. You need to pull out the files with 7zip! Open it "Open Inside" with 7zip & pull out the files!
Before you set KernelEx open Opera & set the Opera:config settings
Webgl & Hardware to 0 or off. If you use Opera 12+

I would stop using the installers in an old system for Opera.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2012 01:02AM by dugbugoffice2.

Date: March 18, 2012 12:58AM

You will have to pull out the files from 7zip. Open the Opera.exe, with 7zip.
"Open inside" And pull out the files And run opera from there!

Posted by: Nitrolobo
Date: July 14, 2015 07:14AM

Greetings.

I use in my Dell, HP and IBM "old" (?) notebook collection Five K-Meleon browsers, including 74 version and Twin+ (excellent.) Now tell me, please, is this Franken 75 stein version a practical joke? It is horrible, bad and the worse K-Meleon I ever knew. Always remember the pre 1.x Series lovely.

What happened, Sir?

All the best, take care.

NLB

Posted by: desga2
Date: July 14, 2015 08:26AM

What is you don't like in K-Meleon 75?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: Charles Pratt
Date: July 27, 2015 10:35AM

The skins are modernistic and disgusting, alike old Phoenity Large, Aura Large or well the KMeleon Twin+ dbTango. Many traditional features missing on screen. This is your "64 Bits Windows UAC" fashion browser, to say it some way. As loyal user since the 1.x versions started, IMHO you should update the 74 version without changing the skins. Even so, I mourn you dropped out support an update of 1.5 version. Just K-Meleon 74 is hard to use in a Pentium III - 512mb --- TOO MUCH consuming ram.

I have a number of "old" and "new" hardware, and the "old" is missing an updated light K-Meleon.

There is a guy that, despite the cold dropping down of "official" PaleMoon for XP, is posting in the web updated SSE light LAST PM version to run in PIII and higher, if this is wanted. He did the browser for his mom the first time, and now is gifting the old hardware community.

All the best, take care.

Nitrolobo

Re: "Microsoft Support"
Posted by: Nitrolobo
Date: August 08, 2015 07:38PM

And who cares for "MS Support?" Bare trash. Since official Vista versions up to day, MS "official" windows are bare Gov spyware and awful software "versions" as 8 and the"made for jerks" Windows 10. No privacy at all, private data collection, spyware windows, etc.

They get along with New World Order policies.

As a guy thinking that I command my hardware, I always be grateful with those developers creating the unattended XP, Vista and Seven unofficial windows, that work with "old" excellent hardware as most of PIII, PIV and the first Core Duo were and STILL are. Also with the "transforming XP" to Vista or Seven Pack makers. Regrettably most in the ship are social darwinists or rough legalists.

I had been guessing that KM people were on this side of the road. May be I was wrong.

Do you know that in Japan the common and most popular OS is still Windows 2K? They even developed a Professional Pack 5... in Japanese, though I heard that also there could be an English Pack 5 Pro as well.

Darwinism and Evolutionism were political trends fostered for the UK and colonialism guys, and today are "old harware" of "the powers that be" or may be were.

All the best, take care, and get rid from Matrix One wires.

NL

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.