Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
portable flash player? help!
Posted by: Finkie
Date: August 06, 2008 03:17AM

I have the portable version of K-Meleon and am having issues w/ the flash player. What I want to do is to install an external version of Adobe Flash Player to my USB drive, where I have the portable version of K-Meleon, so I have a fully portable and independent browser, but I have absolutely no idea how to accomplish this. Can anyone help me? Any hep would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: portable flash player? help!
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: August 06, 2008 07:14AM

I'm not sure if installing in a standard version, and then copying the content of standard K-Meleon plugins folder in portable one is enough.

Have you try it ?

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Re: portable flash player? help!
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 06, 2008 03:26PM

Flash: I:\K-MELEON1.5.0DE-DE\plugins\NPSWF32.dll is AFAIK played by a single big dll that can be stored in k-meleon's plugin folder.

You can pass on preinstalled flash by passing on this dll (Hao does) smiling smiley
On every PC K-Meleon will auto search & find other NPSWF32.dll in other then his own plugin folder at startup. The plugin in his own plugin folder will get preference (will be used). eye rolling smiley to have the newest NPSWF32.dll on Your USB if You are not sure whether the flash plugin the PC You are using is updated.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.