Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
How about a sanbox for K-Meleon?
Posted by: Jeffrey Brown
Date: September 04, 2008 03:24AM

After having discovered that Spyware/Adaware got through K-Meleon and began robbing my bookmarks at intervals I thought it would be a good time to suggest the development of a sandbox for this product. There are several worthy freeware stand alone sandboxing companies that could work with K-Meleon inc. to incorporate a plug in or portion of the executable to take advantage of sandboxing. Chrome is now the big deal (a Google browser with built in Sandboxing) and I believe this to be the future vantage of all browsers. How about it?

Jeffrey Brown

jeffrey@techsupportalert.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How about a sanbox for K-Meleon?
Posted by: sliderule
Date: September 04, 2008 02:31PM

Just as an FYI ( For Your Information ) . . . a Freeware programme by the name of Sandboxie does work with K-Meleon. I have nothing to do with this programme, except as a user.

It may be found at:

http://www.sandboxie.com/

Be sure to 'read' the web page, and, the FAQ section for additional information.

I hope this helps.

Sliderule

Re: How about a sandbox for K-Meleon?
Date: September 05, 2008 10:31PM

Yea I've used Sandboxie with all XP's I have and love it (but it's not for gradma and grampa normal.. another reason to keep it simple if incorporated into K-Meleon). I'd love to see the Sandboxie team get with the developement team at K-Meleon and create a gr8 add in while keeping K-Meleon easy, small, and fast. Downside of Sandboxie is its OS limited and won't even run on Win ME (an important reason to merge these two products into a better browser). Just thinking.

Re: How about a sandbox for K-Meleon?
Date: September 05, 2008 10:33PM

By the way does anyone know of a free sandboxing program that WILL run on ME?

Thanks

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.