Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
new idea for kmeleon
Posted by: jhn_B
Date: June 14, 2009 06:29PM

I have been joining a lot of sites recently and am getting fed up with having to keep retyping my 3 different email addresses, passwords, name/username etc. I know that once i am a member i can have them filled in for me but i got to thinking, wouldn't it be good if there was a field at the top of my browser where i could put all the words and phrases i used often, so that when needed, I could just drag and drop onto the page or at least copy/paste. even better if you put the cursor on in the field you wanted to fill and then double clicked on the appropiate word. this could be done in a drop down list like the history on the url field is, or something similar. somewhere they are easy to get to. obviously these would only appear in your own browser and maybe they could be turned off if someone else was going to use the pc. I also think it would be great if kmeleon did this first as it is my favorate browser and i would like to stick with it.

what does everyone else think about this?

may be some of you have some extra ideas for this.

if anyone knows any of the km developers please point them to this post.

thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new idea for kmeleon
Posted by: JamesD
Date: June 14, 2009 06:51PM

At least two systems exist for this type of function. See http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/KmmAutoFill or see http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,89348

Workaround with Roboform
Posted by: guenter
Date: June 15, 2009 06:53AM

An old idea for a solution using a helper application

old post

nsp
Does any roboform adapter exists for KM 1.5 ....

No.

BTW Yes, but is not published & cave! Roboform corp declined to support K-Meleon.
We can not alter their adapter. Therfore it has bugs that can crash K-Meleon 1.5.
I do not remember whether alain who created the update will release the 1.5 version.

nsp
KM 1.5 or any lighter browser.

A K-Meleon Roboform Adapter exists and is published for K-Meleon 1.1.x on the K-Meleon extensions site. K-Meleon 1.1.x can be easily updated for todays security standarts with a new GRE 1.8.1.17 from K-Meleon 1.5.1 or current SeaMonkey.

You can also install the adapter in K-Meleon 1.5.x versions, deactivate the macro and create a bookmark to chrome://roboform/content/roboNavigatorOverlay.xul.

To use the adapter You go to the bookmark & open it. The opened window has the Roboform bar at the top. If You use this window for normal browsing You get a crash that takes two K-Meleon restarts to recover sad smiley

So You only use this window to open a second tab & then You immidiately close the first tab. You have about 10 seconds to do all - else You get crashed. tongue sticking out smiley

The second tab has a usable Roboform bar at the bottom.
It is a complicated but usable workaround.

To improve this a little You can go to auto-fill of Roboform settings panel.
I gave Roboform settings that make it popup when a known form is discovered.

Set checks to identical location - whatever language You use, if You want that.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2009 07:06AM by guenter.

Attachments: .Roboform.jpg (54.6 KB)  
Re: Workaround with Roboform
Posted by: john b
Date: July 03, 2009 09:49PM

Could anybody please walk me through creating this Auto-Fill.kmm text file thing, please?

I opened configuration>user defined macros blah blah, copied and pasted the code into notepad and then tried to save it in that folder but it would not let me. So I'm guessing I have got this all wrong.

Any Ideas?

I'm not a programmer so am not to sure what I am doing here.

Date: July 04, 2009 12:41AM

Make sure that you saved the file with an extension of "kmm". Notepad will automaticly add "txt" as the extension unless you select "All files" under "Save as type". You will have to restart KM for the file to be read. If you use the loaded, you will have to restart that also.

Date: July 07, 2009 11:25PM

OK, I've done all that, now how do I use it? I have the auto-fill bit in tools now with two options. 1. define auto-fill text and 2. define auto-fill accelerator. is this right and what do I put into which bit? It does not specify between emails, passwords, name etc. Do I have to create these fields or something?

Date: July 07, 2009 11:27PM

Also what do you mean by 'the loaded'?

Posted by: disrupted
Date: July 07, 2009 11:58PM

loader.exe or matrix theloaded

Posted by: mhf
Date: July 08, 2009 10:51AM

An alternative :

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a master password to Quicknote which I often use to hold passwords and user names etc. - I just have to copy/paste them into fields.

It's not the most secure way of doing things but it avoids key loggers.

However at present anyone can see my passwords so a master password that would have to be entered to open Quicknote would be helpful.

What do you think ? Thanks.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: July 08, 2009 11:07AM

Files used by quicknote are simple text files.

Not really securized ...

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Date: July 08, 2009 02:49PM

Sure they are text files but someone has really got to look for them, so even so a master password would be good ????

Posted by: desga2
Date: July 08, 2009 03:01PM

No really, the good option is a master password to access and encrypted file to store datas.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: July 08, 2009 03:05PM

Yes I know, I use Truecrypt and so on with backups to an external HD which is also encrypted, but try go getting your password from there if you want to log in on a forum or whatever...

Date: July 10, 2009 11:01AM

Can anyone give me any idea how to use this roboform? What do I type into the 'define auto-fill' text fields etc etc?

Date: July 10, 2009 11:03AM

Once I have all my names and words recorded, how do I then go about dropping them into a form etc?

Date: July 10, 2009 11:03AM

Thanks in advance, by the way.

Date: July 10, 2009 06:46PM

Posted by: disrupted
Date: July 11, 2009 07:54AM

for mhf, this is a modified macro for quicknote that prompts for password before opening the main xul. it's not really a password prompt but just a prompt.. passowrds won't be hidden behind asterisks but unless you enter the right password, quicknote main will not open.

the password is zorbas, you can change it in the macro
http://kmext.sf.net/macros/quicknote.kmm

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)

# ---------- QuickNote Extension (A notepad for K-Meleon) ----------------------------------------------------------
#
# Needed files : utils.dll (kplugin), quicknote.jar (chrome)
# Dependencies : main.kmm (ExecMacros, OpenURL_InNewWindow)
# Resources : -
# Preferences : quicknote.showUrl, quicknote.numtabs, quicknote.totabint,
# quicknote.tab.n.path (n= 1 to totabint with totabint<=4)
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quicknotepass{
$passpass=("zorbas");
$whatpass=prompt("Enter password to access Quicknote:", "Enter Password", $whatpass);
$whatpass==$passpass?&QuickNote:alert("Wrong password, you are not authorised to access quick note. ","no, no, no..NO!" ,INFO);
}

QuickNote{
$OpenURL="chrome://quicknote/content/quicknote.xul"; $ExecMacros="OpenURL_InNewWindow"; &ExecMacros_Frames;
}

QuickNote_Text{
$note=getpref(INT,"quicknote.totabint");
$to=getpref(STRING,"quicknote.tab".$note."path");
&_QuickNote_SendText;
}

QuickNote_Page{
$note=getpref(INT,"quicknote.totabint");
$to=getpref(STRING,"quicknote.tab".$note."path");
&_QuickNote_SendPage;
}
QuickNote_Tab{
getpref(INT,"quicknote.numtabs")>=$ARG?setpref(INT,"quicknote.totabint",$ARG):0;
$_QuickNote_HideBox == 1 ?0:&QuickNote_SettingsDisplay;
}

QuickNote_SettingsDisplay{
$max=getpref(INT,"quicknote.numtabs");
$activ=getpref(INT,"quicknote.totabint");
alert(_("Number of tabs :")."\t".$max."\n"._("Default tab :")."\t".$activ."\n"._("Hide box :")."\t".$_QuickNote_HideBox,_("QuickNote defaults"));
}

QuickNote_HideBox{
menuchecked=getpref(INT,"quicknote.hidebox");
togglepref(INT,"quicknote.hidebox",0,1);
$_QuickNote_HideBox=getpref(INT,"quicknote.hidebox");
}

# ----- PRIVATE

$_QuickNote_HideBox=getpref(INT,"quicknote.hidebox");

_QuickNote_SendText{
$refpage="\n----------------------";
getpref(BOOL,"quicknote.showUrl")==false ? 0:$refpage=$refpage."\n".$URL."\n----------------------";
setclipboard("");
id(ID_EDIT_COPY);
$text=getclipboard();
$text=$refpage."\n".$text;
pluginmsg(utils, "append", $to, $text);
}

_QuickNote_SendPage{
$refpage="\n----------------------";
getpref(BOOL,"quicknote.showUrl")==false ? 0:$refpage=$refpage."\n".$URL."\n----------------------";
setclipboard("");
id(ID_EDIT_SELECT_ALL);
id(ID_EDIT_COPY);
id(ID_EDIT_SELECT_NONE);
$text=getclipboard();
$text=$refpage."\n".$text;
pluginmsg(utils, "append", $to, $text);
}

_QuickNote_BuildMenu{

# tools menu
#
#setmenu(WebServices,inline,Quick_Note);
setmenu("WebServices",popup,"&Archiver");
setmenu("&Archiver",macro,"&Archive Plus",quicknotepass);
setmenu("&Archiver",macro,"&Default Settings",QuickNote_SettingsDisplay);
setmenu("&Archiver",macro,"&Hide Settings Box",QuickNote_HideBox);
#
# context menus
#
setmenu(DocumentSave,inline,_Quick_Page);
setmenu(_Quick_Page,macro,"Archive Plus",QuickNote_Page);
setmenu(Selection,inline,_Quick_Text);
setmenu(_Quick_Text,macro,"Archive Plus...",QuickNote_Text);
#
# Accels
#
setaccel("CTRL ALT Q","macros(QuickNote)");
setaccel("SHIFT ALT Q","macros(QuickNote_Page)");
setaccel("SHIFT CTRL ALT Q","macros(QuickNote_SettingsDisplay)");
setaccel("CTRL ALT 1","macros(QuickNote_Tab(1))");
setaccel("CTRL ALT 2","macros(QuickNote_Tab(2))");
setaccel("CTRL ALT 3","macros(QuickNote_Tab(3))");
setaccel("CTRL ALT 4","macros(QuickNote_Tab(4))");
}
#
$OnInit=$OnInit."_QuickNote_BuildMenu;";
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."QuickNote;";

please note, the menu entry in this macro is archiver

Date: July 11, 2009 10:49AM

@ jhn_B

Please say if disrupted's QuickNote program fills your need. I am working on a purpose built system that uses encryption, but it is complicated and I might not continue if you don't need it.

Posted by: panzer
Date: July 12, 2009 02:28PM

JamesD, if you do it, use a good algorithm for it.

I am just curious: Which algorithm is used for master password for Km? i asked devs in Announcements and got no answer. or they didn't see it at all or algorithm used is a bad one. grinning smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2009 02:34PM by panzer.

Date: July 12, 2009 02:40PM

mhf
Yes I know, I use Truecrypt and so on with backups to an external HD which is also encrypted, but try go getting your password from there if you want to log in on a forum or whatever...

http://keepass.info/

Date: July 12, 2009 07:24PM

panzer
JamesD, if you do it, use a good algorithm for it.

I had intended to use a program called DLOCK2. I found it on the net. However, I cannot get it to run from the exec() statement. It will run from the "Run" in Windows. I put that exact statement into the exec and nothing. I guess I am back to looking for a command line encryption program that is not too large and is strong encryption.

Have almost completed the macro for the project. Only need encryption now.

Date: July 12, 2009 08:05PM

@ JamesD:
Remember to use double quotes (\") for paths with spaces.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: July 12, 2009 09:15PM

Thanks disrupted, that's fantastic !!!

PS I use Keepass too but only for the most sensitive keys.

Date: July 12, 2009 10:52PM

desga2
Remember to use double quotes (\") for paths with spaces.

Here are the statements I am testing.
exec("C:\\Program Files\\k-meleon\\Profiles\\q6psu8b0.default\\macros\\Secur_Paste\\dlock2.exe  /E dlock2.txt dlock2.ecm /Pdeyoung");
exec("C:\\Program Files\\k-meleon\\Profiles\\q6psu8b0.default\\macros\\Secur_Paste\\sounder.exe ding.wav");
I have all the required files in the folder. Sounder plays the ding.wav file, but dlock2 does not read the items on the command line. When I browse to the file in the "Run" facility and add "/E dlock2.txt dlock2.ecm /Pdeyoung" then the encrypted file is created. I have not done anything fancy like variables yet. I am just trying to get the basic action to happen.

Date: July 12, 2009 11:36PM

Your problem is double quotes as I indicated above:
exec("\"C:\\Program Files\\k-meleon\\Profiles\\q6psu8b0.default\\macros\\Secur_Paste\\dlock2.exe\"  /E dlock2.txt dlock2.ecm /Pdeyoung");
exec("\"C:\\Program Files\\k-meleon\\Profiles\\q6psu8b0.default\\macros\\Secur_Paste\\sounder.exe\" ding.wav");

Note \" (duble quoted added), in exec() macro the first double quote (") is for Macro language (to indicate a string in all macro functions) and this double quoted is only view for K-Meleon Macro not for Windows CMD.exe. Second double quoted (\") is for Windows system (CMD.exe) to indicated paths with spaces.

If is more easy for you remember to use quotes in a variable, for example;
$_2quote="\"";

exec($_2quote."C:\\Program Files\\k-meleon\\Profiles\\q6psu8b0.default\\macros\\Secur_Paste\\sounder.exe".$_2quote." ding.wav");

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2009 11:38PM by desga2.

Date: July 13, 2009 12:32AM

@ desga2

Yes, double quotes are needed when I use variables. Sounder.exe played the wave file even with single quotes because there were no variables in the line.

This next code uses double quotes. Note that sounder still plays the ding.wav file. If "ding.wav" shows up for sounder, why to the switches not show up for dlock2 or MySecret? It has to be something I am doing with the quotes because two programs would not have the same problem otherwise. There are exactly the same number of quotes, single and double, on each exec() statement.

$_Snippet_SwitchM = "-e -n -p deyoung readme.txt readme.ecm" ;
$_Snippet_SwitchD = "/E dlock2.txt dlock2.ecm /P deyoung" ;
$_Sound_Choice = "ding.wav";
exec("\"".getfolder(UserMacroFolder)."\\Secur_Paste\\MySecret.exe\" ".$_Snippet_SwitchM."") ;
exec("\"".getfolder(UserMacroFolder)."\\Secur_Paste\\dlock2.exe\" ".$_Snippet_SwitchD."") ;
exec("\"".getfolder(UserMacroFolder)."\\Secur_Paste\\sounder.exe\" ".$_Sound_Choice.""); 

Date: July 13, 2009 06:24AM

This must work:

exec("\"".getfolder(UserMacroFolder)."\\Secur_Paste\\MySecret.exe\" ".$_Snippet_SwitchM) ;
exec("\"".getfolder(UserMacroFolder)."\\Secur_Paste\\dlock2.exe\" ".$_Snippet_SwitchD) ;
exec("\"".getfolder(UserMacroFolder)."\\Secur_Paste\\sounder.exe\" ".$_Sound_Choice);

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: July 13, 2009 07:59AM

JamesD

Have almost completed the macro for the project. Only need encryption now.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ccrypt/
http://www.codeode.com/command-line-encrypt/index.html

I have saved the best for last:
Dscrpyt (look under download dsc.zip - command line) -14 kb!

For passwords you can use Pass Pack and Cryptnote ond the same page.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2009 08:09AM by panzer.

Date: July 13, 2009 01:04PM

@ panzer

Thanks for the info. I had looked at the first one but could not figure it out. I have gotten the other two and will give them a try.

So far everything works OK until I try to reach a program using exec(). I am having no luck passing switches and filespecs.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.