Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
about:config differently in KM 1.6?
Posted by: siria
Date: March 13, 2010 06:49AM

Have a little prob ;-)

It looks like in KM 16a3 the filter function has changed, now it lists not only hits in pref names but also in values.
Which on one hand is great, I've sometimes missed that!
On the other hand, is there any option to choose whether to include or exclude values in the hit list...?

Thing being, if one has lots of sessions stored (I mean *LOTS*), and for example filtering "source", the hits now include all sourceforge pages in all sessions...

It was difficult before with sometimes session entries popping up among real prefs, if a session name contains a string, but if it now includes all contained URLs too... Help! :O

So a second wish, wouldn't it be possible to store the sessions entirely elsewhere, in a separate sheet instead of prefs??

Just notice there's also a growing list of "kmeleon.MRU.URLxxx" entries mixed in between...

If it's not possible to exclude such 'history-ish' prefs, would it perhaps be possible to give them another name, like starting with "z", so they get all listed at the end...
Instead of the few real pref hits now appearing partly in the beginning, in the middle, in the end...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2010 07:06AM by siria.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: about:config differently in KM 1.6?
Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 13, 2010 01:35PM

@ sira

I see what you mean. I guess I am fortunate that I use Groups more than Sessions and I set all my prefs to "k-meleon" rather than the standard "kmeleon". I wonder if Dorian could set another pref where the selection could be a toggle between the pref only or pref and value?

I am also not sure I like the new warning message as well I did the previous one.

Posted by: desga2
Date: March 13, 2010 02:05PM

Are you think in open your pref.js file in a text editor like Notepad++ or PSpad?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2010 02:17PM by desga2.

Posted by: siria
Date: March 13, 2010 02:14PM

Uhm, deleting would be easy, but those sessions are stored for a reason ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2010 02:14PM by siria.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: March 13, 2010 02:51PM

the new about:config is due to gecko 1.9.x, i don't kmow if that's possible to change or if dorian would fiddle with it.. dorian already had to fix several gecko 1.9 bugs and modify netcert so it can work properly in kmeleon, i like many things in 1.8 much more than 1.9 but mozilla don't always keep the good things

Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 14, 2010 02:15AM

If it is going to require much work by Dorian to change then I would put this far down my list of things to do.

desga2

Are you think in open your pref.js file in a text editor like Notepad++ or PSpad?

For about:config, it always opens within the browser. For prefs.js, I most often use notepad - right click and edit.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.