Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
1.6a4 Preferences panel.
Posted by: desga2
Date: August 01, 2010 10:05PM

You can help me to test the Preference panel for K-Meleon 1.6.
Download, test and report here,in this thread, broken Preferences.

This version K-Meleon1.6a4_cp1.7z is a little better in chrome and preferences than the standard K-Meleon1.6a4 (standard include preferences from 1.5.1 instead the last 1.5.4), and cp1 version include the last console2 version 0.6.1.

Thanks.

EDITED:

Now cp2 version is available. Download in this post.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2010 10:39PM by desga2.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1.6a4 Preferences panel.
Date: August 01, 2010 10:23PM

To now we have three detected problems:

1) Browsing panel has text overlayed (in some configurations): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/Browsing.jpg

Look fine to me (Win2000 and WinXP SP3, Windows theme Classic), please download it again and create a new profile. Report more configurations details.
This seems related with a WinXP default theme aesthetic problem.
I think I can solved this problem with a CSS modification in Preference XUL.
1) Is fixed in cp1.

2) Tools -> Web Search -> Configure..., tabs for Web Search, Multisearch, and Search Engines not working. In new Gecko 1.9.x there are more complications to read and write in files for security reason and this is affecting to Web Search engines feature in Preferences.

I have to check/update Mozilla functions in Preferences to read and write in files.

3) Tools -> Mouse Gestures..., problem to load available Actions.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2010 08:16PM by desga2.

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: August 01, 2010 10:53PM

password?

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Date: August 02, 2010 09:25AM

I'm sorry, no password needed now, try to download it again.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 02, 2010 11:08AM

Do I have to log in at XT Host? I can't figure out what to download on the page that I get.

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: August 02, 2010 11:39AM

icannot download, it requires for an acount

Date: August 03, 2010 06:36AM

Download file is lost, please wait to I can reloaded it.

EDITED: Download now available !!!

Pending to add new preferences from K-Meleon1.6 Dev (for next upload):
K-Meleon1.6 Dev
What's new

* Support full zoom and default zoom (zoom.defaultPercent)
* @SHistory, @SHistoryBack?, @SHistoryForward? menus
* Transparency support for menu icons
* InjectJS now return the result of the script (when applicable)
* Support for flashblock.whitelist
* kmeleon.tabs.bottom replaced by kmeleon.tabs.position which can take the following value: band (default), vtop, top, bottom.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2010 10:35PM by desga2.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: August 04, 2010 04:22AM

desga2
To now we have three detected problems:

1) Browsing panel has text overlayed (in some configurations): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/Browsing.jpg

2) Tools -> Web Search -> Configure..., tabs for Web Search, Multisearch, and Search Engines not working. In new Gecko 1.9.x there are more complications to read and write in files for security reason and this is affecting to Web Search engines feature in Preferences.

3) Tools -> Mouse Gestures..., problem to load available Actions.

desga2,

All 3 don't work on my system.

XP PRO SP3, IBM Thinkpad T40, Pentium M

N

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: August 04, 2010 07:31AM

me,neither。

Date: August 04, 2010 07:23PM

I don't use Mouse Gestures, but 1 and 2 do not work for me either.
XP SP3 custom theme based on default XP theme

Posted by: siria
Date: August 04, 2010 07:56PM

Well, probably not very helpful since known, but just for the record - situation on WIN98SE! grinning smiley

1) Prefs display is fine (surprise - in stone age win98 theme tongue sticking out smiley)
2) works not
3) works not

Just in case not all users may have noticed yet:
Search engines (2) and mouse gestures (3) DO work fine and can be configured manually in about:config. Only the configuration via menus and F2 doesn't work. It's also possible to just copy over the customized prefs.js from a KM 1.5.x profile, and all search engines and gestures will work in KM 1.6 too. Just make sure tabs are not set to "bottom" via menu, or KM16 will crash at start. Setting them to "bottom" in about:config with the NEW pref (as desga wrote above, copied from the wiki) works fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2010 07:57PM by siria.

Date: August 05, 2010 10:58PM

Uploaded again, new version cp1, download from same link on first post of thread.

+ Added new tabs bar position preference:
* kmeleon.tabs.bottom replaced by kmeleon.tabs.position which can take the following value: band (default), vtop, top, bottom.

? First tried to fix 1) overlayed problem. Please download and check again, I can't check it because I can't reproduce the problem in my system.
Also check if this overlayed problem is only in "Browsing Options" preference panel.

If problem still, please try to resize the Preference window and comment us if overlayed elements are reorder in his right position. (Some screen capture is fine)

+ Another little changes (some of this already included in the previous cp version);
Tools -> User Agent, updated to; Firefox/3.5.11 and SeaMonkey/2.0.5.
"KM Quick Gude" is now included (not updated to version 1.6 yet).
Edit -> MIME Types, now open "File Handling" Preference panel.

Someone could check the new console2 0.6.1 (Tools -> Error Console) is working fine with Macro errors?

Thanks for test it and report your feedback.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: jsnj
Date: August 06, 2010 03:53AM

desga2
Uploaded again, new version cp1, download from same link on first post of thread.

+ Added new tabs bar position preference:

? First tried to fix 1) overlayed problem. Please download and check again, I can't check it because I can't reproduce the problem in my system.
Also check if this overlayed problem is only in "Browsing Options" preference panel.

If problem still, please try to resize the Preference window and comment us if overlayed elements are reorder in his right position. (Some screen capture is fine)

+ Another little changes (some of this already included in the previous cp version);
Tools -> User Agent, updated to; Firefox/3.5.11 and SeaMonkey/2.0.5.
"KM Quick Gude" is now included (not updated to version 1.6 yet).
Edit -> MIME Types, now open "File Handling" Preference panel.

Someone could check the new console2 0.6.1 (Tools -> Error Console) is working fine with Macro errors?

Thanks for test it and report your feedback.

Tested quickly.

Overlay problem seems to be fixed.

Error console seems to work w/macro errors.

Tab position preference works but:
After changing the pref, upon restart the input box always displays band regardless of the actual position. Also, to make the options more understandable:

Display tab bar:  | as toolbar     |
                  | above toolbars |
                  | below toolbars |
                  | on bottom      |

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2010 04:09AM by jsnj.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: August 06, 2010 03:58AM

desga2,

Overlay problem is gone on my computer. Will look at rest later on.

XP PRO SP3, Thinkpad T40, Pentium M

N

Date: August 06, 2010 12:25PM

@ desga2

Overlay problem fixed. Web Search items appear unchanged. Screenshots included here. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/CP1_results.7z

Will look at the other items when I can. Thanks for the hard work.

Date: August 06, 2010 01:01PM

Have had a first look at the tab bar position pref. The position went to the bottom, Also had 'Indicate page loading in the tab title' and 'Hide the tab bar when there is only one tab'. Those items worked.

When I went back to set another position for the tab bar the prefs panel did not show the previous changes. Screenshots are here. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/CP1_Tabs.7z

Date: August 06, 2010 11:07PM

Thanks to everyone for test and reports.

cp1 is reloaded to same link, only \K-Meleon1.6a4_cp\chrome\kmprefs.jar file is changed.

Now previous changes in Tab Bar tab are showed correctly.

I'm going to the next level 2) Web Search and 3) Mouse Gestures, I think this are similar problems.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: August 07, 2010 12:07AM

@ desga2

Tabbed browing is keeping the previous selections. Great!

Problem is that the Browsing - General has the overtyping back as it was before the first cp1.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: August 07, 2010 05:27AM

JamesD
@ desga2

Tabbed browing is keeping the previous selections. Great!

Problem is that the Browsing - General has the overtyping back as it was before the first cp1.

Hmm. Not for me. No overlapping here. Tested by replacing kmprefs.jar only. I can confirm tabs bar position pref displaying correctly. WinXP SP3

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: August 07, 2010 10:56AM

jsnj
Hmm. Not for me. No overlapping here. Tested by replacing kmprefs.jar only. I can confirm tabs bar position pref displaying correctly. WinXP SP3

The same here. Thank you so much, desga!

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Date: August 07, 2010 11:35AM

I just put the new cp1 over the first cp1. Don't know why that should make a difference.

Date: August 07, 2010 10:37PM

@ JamesD:
In last cp1 there aren't changes over Browsing preference panel xul file (since this is fixed in previous upload), only over Tab Bar preference xul file.
I think you installed an old cp1 version instead the last, please clear cache, download again in new location and install it in a different folder to generate a new profile.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: August 08, 2010 03:45PM

I deleted everything about the cp and cp1 from my computer, cleared the cache, and downloaded again today. Then I set up cp1 in a new folder.

Everything that should be working in cp1 seems to be OK now. Must have been something cache on the previous download.

Great work, desga2.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: August 08, 2010 05:22PM

thank you desga, everything is working fine in prefs panel.. only one thing left is to fix the pref xul size so it doesn't follow the last kmeleon window size

Date: August 09, 2010 06:40AM

@ disrupted:
Can you explain your problem with the preference window size?
I think Preference window already have a defined window size, not use the last KM window size.
Please, detailed steps and screen shots are welcome.

Thanks.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: disrupted
Date: August 09, 2010 04:15PM

it doesn't have a predefined size..it simply adheres to last km window size, it has always been like that since the first alpha.. i think 1.5.0 when first released as alpha had a similar problem but was fixed in the stable

it's very easy to test, resize the km window..very small..or very big(not in maximised state naturally) and then open prefs..pref window size will be exact to km window, compare wth 1.5.x and the prefs there has a fixed size

i tried fixing it before by defining width, height for the dialog id in prefs.xul but it didn't work..there's some other binding it's attached to but i couldn't find it.. klaus should how

Date: August 10, 2010 07:08PM

I just noticed the cp1 preferences panel seem to have a problem with Full Screen that 1.6.0a4 does not.

On first look, I saw that full screen was not checked. I put a check by full screen and all the boxes went dim. Plus there was one box without a description. This is the panel before I checked full screen.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/Full_Screen_cp1.jpg

This is the panel after I closed and re-started KM.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/Full_Screen_2_cp1.jpg

I don't think the problem exists in my 1.6.0a4, so maybe something in the fixes done for cp1 elsewhere caused this?

Date: August 10, 2010 11:57PM

JamesD
I just noticed the cp1 preferences panel seem to have a problem with Full Screen that 1.6.0a4 does not.

On first look, I saw that full screen was not checked. I put a check by full screen and all the boxes went dim. Plus there was one box without a description. This is the panel before I checked full screen.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/Full_Screen_cp1.jpg

This is the panel after I closed and re-started KM.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/Full_Screen_2_cp1.jpg

I don't think the problem exists in my 1.6.0a4, so maybe something in the fixes done for cp1 elsewhere caused this?

This is fixed in next upload (not uploaded yet), is only a collateral damage due to the changed of tabs.bottom pref to tabs.position.

@ disrupted:
The size of chrome windows opened like Preferences or Error Console (Console2), are by default the same size that his parent browser window. I think this is the default behavior in Gecko 1.9.x.
Are you sure you like modify this to constant values?
This have a problem, if you have a big screen size, constant window size can be little, but if you have a little screen size, constant window size can be too big.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2010 11:58PM by desga2.

Posted by: siria
Date: August 11, 2010 07:29AM

You're getting KM1.6 finally forward, that's GREAT desga!! :-)))
Very high time, seeing the growing number of sites which give probs with gecko1.8, or are just way too slow. Am currently testing a tiny little javascript, very basic just with a huge number of looping, and KM154 freezes for 20sec, while KM16 only freezes 5sec - a HUGE difference!

Yes, IMO the prefs panel definitely needs a constant size, because otherwise the size constantly changes, depending what one did with the last opened window. Perhaps there's some setting for it, or it's written in the main.kmm or somewhere, I very dimly remember having seen that somewhere, but not sure...

Posted by: Matt
Date: August 11, 2010 08:17AM

I have nothing to report because I haven't tried it yet (was on vacation). I'm downloading cp now. I was slowly loosing hope but now... maybe beta stage in 2010 is not wishful thinking anymore. Thank you for your work and good luck desga smiling smiley

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.