Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: K-Meleon 74 / Gecko 31
Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 08, 2014 05:10PM

@ guenter

You are right about no underscore in forum. I don't think it is your machine. I get underscore elsewhere, but not the forum. And all this time, I thought I was doing so good on my spelling. Now, I just don't know.

That explains why the button "Save As" shows up after every new start and must be toggled off again.

I have not seen that. Oh wait, you said 'button'. Do you see the red and green flag button? Another senior moment. You need the bmp for the button. Put the button from here into you skins/default folder.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/JSFlagButtons.7z

I really don't understand from where the 'save as' is coming.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: siria
Date: October 08, 2014 08:13PM

Interesting, that you have a prob with a stubborn toolbar too.

On my box it was with KM74.0 and one of my own macro toolbars, but I thought it has something to do with the quirky code (one of my very first oldest macros). Or with the name, that ends with "... buttons1". Experimented a bit with and without numbers etc and renaming also other macro toolbars, back and forth, even managed to get KM to crash at startup until I deleted those toolbar prefs again manually! At last it worked somehow, and ever since, but found no logic in it.

Now not sure, perhaps there's actually more to that toolbar thing? But not sure if it hits just randomly, because the "save as" bar is hideable for me, no prob. Then again, perhaps the dots at the end...?

Date: October 10, 2014 12:26PM

Another possible regression is the password manager system.

I went to Myway.com e-mail using the KM 74 w/ Gecko 31 engine. I signed in as usual by typing my id and password. Only this time KM asked if it should remember it. It has never asked before. I said "yes" but next time it did not put my information into myway's input fields. It also asked for my bank, but I said "no" there.

I used privacy - view - passwords and found that it did not save the password for Myway.com. It did show my bank as rejected site.

All the passwords are present from the import from previous KM version and they work.

Edit: I think I got fooled

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2014 01:24PM by JamesD.

Posted by: guenter
Date: October 10, 2014 12:47PM

JamesD
@ guenter

I really don't understand from where the 'save as' is coming.

&Save Page As...(24,24){

Save{
	ID_FILE_SAVE_AS
	&Save Page As...
	mainbarhot.bmp[5]
	mainbarcold.bmp[5]
	mainbarcold.bmp[5]
	}
}

Its icon is part of main bar's bmp. And when I deactivate the bar/button in 7431 it is present again after a restart. Maybe its kmm or the save ID cause or have to do with it?

No siria. It was there all the time with its 3 dots, and I used these skins from 1.5.4 to now. It never showed this "feature". grinning smiley

p.s. History: The button/code and the pic is used in the Aura skins because Dorian created pseudo support for firefox main icon pictures. You only have to convert them into a transparent.bmp then You can use them in a K-Meleon skin. smiling smiley

This is only a gif so that I can upload it to show it to You. The gif is made from a transparent bmp that is used in the example skin, the bmp was converted from the original Firefox file. Firefox supporters used to create new skins often once upon a time. That is the reason why this K-Meleon feature exists.

And this is the toolbars.cfg code that is supported to adddress this kind of pic.

Maybe not all works anymore. It replicated a Firefox Main Bar.

&Main Bar(24,24){

Back{
ID_NAV_BACK
Go back one page
foxy.bmp[0]
foxy.bmp[14]
foxy.bmp[56]
}

Forward{
ID_NAV_FORWARD
Go forward one page
foxy.bmp[1]
foxy.bmp[15]
foxy.bmp[57]
}

Stop{
ID_NAV_STOP
Stop loading this page
foxy.bmp[2]
foxy.bmp[16]
foxy.bmp[58]
}

Reload{
%ifplugin macros
ID_NAV_RELOAD|Reloa&ding
Reload this page. Right-click for more options.
%else
ID_NAV_RELOAD
Reload this page
%endif
foxy.bmp[3]
foxy.bmp[17]
foxy.bmp[59]
}

Home{
%ifplugin macros
macros(Home)|Ho&me
Open Home Page. Right-click for more options.
%else
ID_NAV_HOME
Open Home Page
%endif
foxy.bmp[4]
foxy.bmp[18]
foxy.bmp[60]
}

Save{
ID_FILE_SAVE_AS
&Save Page As...
foxy.bmp[5]
foxy.bmp[19]
foxy.bmp[61]
}

%ifplugin history
History{
history(View)|Histor&y
View History. Right-click for more options.
foxy.bmp[6]
foxy.bmp[20]
foxy.bmp[62]
}
%endif

%ifplugin bookmarks
Bookmarks{
bookmarks(Edit)|&Bookmarks
Edit Bookmarks. Right-click to view Bookmarks menu.
foxy.bmp[7]
foxy.bmp[21]
foxy.bmp[63]
}
%endif

Print{
ID_FILE_PRINT|Print
Print this page. Right-click for more options.
foxy.bmp[8]
foxy.bmp[22]
foxy.bmp[64]
}

Tab{
ID_NEW_TAB
New &Tab
foxy.bmp[9]
foxy.bmp[23]
foxy.bmp[65]
}

Window{
ID_NEW_BROWSER
&New Window
foxy.bmp[10]
foxy.bmp[24]
foxy.bmp[66]
}

Copy{
ID_EDIT_COPY
&Copy
foxy.bmp[12]
foxy.bmp[26]
foxy.bmp[68]
}

Copy{
ID_EDIT_PASTE
&Paste
foxy.bmp[13]
foxy.bmp[27]
foxy.bmp[69]
}
}

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 01:34PM by guenter.

Attachments: foxy.gif (13.1 KB)  
Date: October 10, 2014 02:25PM

guenter
Save{
ID_FILE_SAVE_AS
&Save Page As...
mainbarhot.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
}

Its icon is part of main bar's bmp. And when I deactivate the bar/button in 7431 it is present again after a restart. Maybe its kmm or the save ID cause or have to do with it?

Just wondered if the & in the tooltip line might play a role? For translations to work, the Menu tooltips could be used for the Button tooltips too. Then again - other buttons like Source Code and Error Console have a & too in the tooltip and work normal, so guess that can't be the prob...

For many "restart needed" actions it's actually enough to simply open a new window, that makes testing a bit easier. My own stubborn toolbar also reappeared in a new window already.
To my knowledge there's no kmm involved in ID commands and toolbars.cfg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 02:37PM by siria.

Date: October 10, 2014 05:25PM

siria
guenter
Save{
ID_FILE_SAVE_AS
&Save Page As...
mainbarhot.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
}

Just wondered if the & in the tooltip line might play a role?

.... snip.

Yes, I chose this string because it existed in a kml anyway. I am lazy and I think translators are lazy too. I'd rarely change a thing that works. grinning smiley

Ok. Thank or the info about the ID. I never knew. smiling smiley

p.s. I remembered to do it that way from the 2007 updates of the skins know to me. Many of the skins with English speaking creators had non standard strings.
I changed that where possible during that update.

The strings used in a custom skin should if possible come from the default skins or from menus that are in the standart kml. Or it should come with its kml.

Date: October 10, 2014 05:35PM

siria
guenter
Save{
ID_FILE_SAVE_AS
&Save Page As...
mainbarhot.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
mainbarcold.bmp[5]
}
snip...

Just wondered if the & in the tooltip line might play a role?
.... snip.

Yes, I chose this and other strings because they existed in the kmeleon.kml anyway. I am lazy and I think translators are lazy too. I'd rarely change a thing that works or create a new one if I can reuse something similar. grinning smiley

But that has not prevented it to work until 7424. smiling smiley

Ok. Thank or the info about the ID. I have never know or forgotten it. smiling smiley

p.s. I remembered to do it that way from the 2007 updates of the skins known to me. Many of the skins with English speaking creators had non standard strings.
I changed that where possible during that update.

The strings used in a custom skin should if possible come from the default skins or from menu strings that are in the default kmeleon.kml. And it should come with its own kml if this is not possible. :drool:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 05:37PM by guenter.

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: October 11, 2014 02:33AM

Its still crashing silently every now and then when having multiple tabs being continuously reloaded.

Date: October 11, 2014 01:36PM

I no longer think there is a regression regarding passwords.

Versions of KM prior the 'development' version of 74 using the 31 engine have never asked to save login information for either myway.com e-mail or 'Wells Fargo' which is my bank. I was used to and comfortable with that situation.

In one session this week, I used the KM74 Gecko 31 version to go to my e-mail on myway. I was surprised when it asked if I wanted to keep the login info. I answered yes, but I did not see an entry for myway in the passwords file. In the same session, I went to Wells Fargo site and was ask if I wanted to save login there. I answered 'never' to the question. When I later checked I thought there was no entry for myway, but there was a 'rejected site' entry for wells fargo.

Well now, I thought that I had better try to replicate this. I went to myway.com and clicked on the e-mail button. I was taken to the password entry form. Nothing seem to be filled out. I typed the first letter of my ID. My full ID appeared in the password area. [ actually a drop down list] I moved the mouse pointer on it and went to blue. I clicked on it and my ID and password were filled in and when I hit the button for sign in, I was taken to my e-mail.

I went back again to see if Myway.com was in the password file. It is, but I had not noticed it before. It is 'registration.myway.com' and it is at the very bottom of the list.

It seems to work different from all the other logins. Every other login that is automatic has ID filled in and password show as a series of dots. On Myway the form does not fill in until I put the first letter of my ID in. It then pops up a list, with only one item, which has my ID. Once I select my ID, the password field gets the series of dots and I am ready to go.

Myway.com e-mail login works. It is just a little different from all the rest. At least, I now know to expect that difference.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: October 18, 2014 01:49PM

A little update to fix mainly the right click crash.

Date: October 18, 2014 04:20PM

Dorian

XP PRO SP3.

Thank You Dorian, but... Crashplugin activated. All I have browser was not closed properly. Still on right click.

Gone. smiling smiley

How can I catch usefull crash info for You? Install VC 10 Express & Debugger?

p.s. One probably unrealated oddity. After each restart I hide the Save As Button.

An it is there again. After each restart.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 06:53AM by guenter.

Date: October 18, 2014 05:04PM

I am using Win 7 and I have full use of the right-click on page after installing the update. I was crashing before, but KM works fine now.

guenter
p.s. One probably unrealated oddity. After each restart I hide the Save As Button.

An it is there again. After each restart.

This has not happened to me. I do not use the default skin, but I did change to it for a test. Did not another user note the same problem with the Save As Button? It might be good to check and see who reported it and what operating system they use.

Looks like the search returned only you, guenter. Note to self - don't trust memory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2014 05:11PM by JamesD.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: October 18, 2014 05:23PM

Windows 2000 as you already know tongue sticking out smiley

- No crash with right click
- No crash saving pages and images

I'm not actively testing this version, just when you update something and I took the opportunity to test this too:

- working certificate window in 74 GRE31u1 (didn't test without the update) (you may remember that window that didn't work the OK Cancel buttons when signing)

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: October 18, 2014 05:49PM

Dorian

Will you update the official version of K-Meleon 74 soon?

Date: October 18, 2014 05:54PM

There is a problem with console2 view source. The errors list, but I cannot trace the errors using view source. Any attempt to do so raises an "UNKNOWN PROTOCOL ERROR".

The last two errors come from the attempt to see the error in snippet.kmm.

Date: October 18, 2014 06:19PM

JamesD
Did not another user note the same problem with the Save As Button? It might be good to check and see who reported it and what operating system they use.
Looks like the search returned only you, guenter. Note to self - don't trust memory.

You can trust it - that was me smiling smiley Except that it was another button, one of my own macro buttons. I tried to find some system in it, but no chance. At one point the browser wouldn't even start any more! In the end it helped to delete all toolband prefs of that toolbar before restarting. And since then it works normal again.
Latest thought: perhaps it just hits the last created toolbar?? (on top of the toolbar menu) Hm, just noticed the bookmarks bar is not the last anymore. In some old wiki macro it was stated that it would always be added as last, and that was still true in KM16. But there are more changes, for example the menu bar was not listed in old versions, as it is now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2014 06:24PM by siria.

Date: October 18, 2014 06:49PM

It seems that the Save AS Button is not related to the problem. It seems to depend on when I close the Go Button. A bar that is closed before the Go Button has it. After some tries I have the bar now as I want. Thx for the tip with deleting toolbar prefs. It gave the right turn.

Still crashing on right click. XP Pro SP3. Guess 74.24 is the last update for XP. grinning smiley

Updated again. Works now. Must have made a mistake with update. sad smiley

Sorry for false alarm.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 06:55AM by guenter.

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: October 19, 2014 06:06AM

g31 have less bugs conpared to km74-final, i prefer this one, thanks.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: October 19, 2014 09:39AM

Thanks Dorian for fixing the right-click crash.
So far everything is working fine on Win7.

Date: October 20, 2014 05:53AM

Right-click is fixed in Vista.

The prob with the last created toolbar jumping visible again in 74final in new profiles seems to be fixed too, but may just be coincident or other macros loaded.

Still bug in cfg.kmm: Edit>Config>Commands List opens commands.html as source code, because of macro setting "$ext"="txt"

Still settings cannot be toggled after page load is finished (e.g. JS toggles). The checkmarks and buttons are wrongly showing the new state, but macros with JS only work if JS was already enabled during page load.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 06:24AM by siria.

Date: October 20, 2014 07:00AM

siria. If You know to fix it please do so and attach it. That could save Dorian time. Plus help others that have the problem too. If You cannot attack here sent it to me by mail. And I will forward it to Dorian and attach it here. Thank You in adavance.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: October 20, 2014 08:08AM

siria
Still settings cannot be toggled after page load is finished (e.g. JS toggles). The checkmarks and buttons are wrongly showing the new state, but macros with JS only work if JS was already enabled during page load.

Did you try with a clean profile?
I'm only asking because toggling preferences works fine for me (Win7/KM 74_31)
I can toggle JavaScript and cookies on the fly (privbar). Toggling proxy (extra toolbar) works also fine. It works for me as fine as it did with KM 74_24.

Date: October 20, 2014 09:50AM

@guenter:
How to: open "cfg.kmm" in macros folder.
Search inside for text "commands.html", and right before that exchange "$ext"="txt" with "$ext"="html".
Save and restart.

I'm sure Dorian can do that faster in his own files than handling mail attachments and then having to check if the rest really is still all the same incl. coding or whatever.

@Yogi
Someone (James? JohnH?) had confirmed it before Update1 too.
The catch it, yes the toggles SEEM to work, but the buttons and checkmarks are lying! Please take any macro that needs javascript / load any page while JS is BLOCKED / toggle JS ON by button or privmenu / then try if JS-actions in macros work.
Or perhaps try bookmarklets, but haven't tested that myself yet.
Also not quite sure if that concerns only JS or more toggles or even all toggles. Needs more testing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 09:53AM by siria.

Date: October 20, 2014 04:13PM

siria
@guenter:
How to: open "cfg.kmm" in macros folder....

I'm sure Dorian can do that faster ...

@Yogi
Someone (James? JohnH?) had confirmed it before Update1 too.
The catch it, yes the toggles SEEM to work, but the buttons and checkmarks are lying! Please take any macro that needs javascript / load any page while JS is BLOCKED / toggle JS ON by button or privmenu / then try if JS-actions in macros work.
Or perhaps try bookmarklets, but haven't tested that myself yet.
Also not quite sure if that concerns only JS or more toggles or even all toggles. Needs more testing.

Thank You for the info and explanation. No doubt Dorian can do each thing faster but he cannot do every thing. While there are many, many things only Dorian can do - this is a community effort. We all get a browser sooner if we contribute a little. My experience, Dorian accepts finished work for use. Attached as cfg.7z.

After Update with a working Update1.exe. XP PRO SP3.

Toggle prefs buttons WFM. If it does not work under some conditions we need a receipe to reproduce and verify. Else Dorian needs extra time to search the problem. Dev of old declined to search for bugs without a way to reproduce.

To test I used our Forum. I have no big privacy bar.

Maybe test one or two of each type is enough anyway?

Block Cookies. Does not keep You signed in.
Reload after toggle. To see the change.
Block JavaScript. Forum post menue shows no pics for BBC code.
Reload after toggle...

I use no more toggle prefs in privacy bar. But IMHO either all or none works.

Kill Flash also works. Youtube. Means to me Kill prefs also work.

Clean Cache also works.

I do not know which macros need JS and do not use bookmarklets.

p.s. I do not care to sanitize my cookies. I'd loose info about signed on places.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 05:05PM by guenter.

Attachments: cfg.7z (1.3 KB)  
Date: October 20, 2014 06:14PM

I see it's not possible for non macro-coders to understand the prob I mean.

Please use this demo macro for testing INJECTJS, created all fresh just for you grinning smiley
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,130237

Actually this bug does not only affect macros, but is perhaps a security issue.
Because the opposite is true too: if a page was loaded with JS allowed, and the user blocks JS manually afterwards, it still stays secretly allowed on this page, although the privbar button and menu falsely claim it were blocked.
But it should only affect the current page, not newly opened pages, so hopefully not much harm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 06:33PM by siria.

Date: October 20, 2014 07:25PM

@ siria

I must not understand your instructions. I tried all of your tests with JS enabled = true and with JS enabled = false. I never got a title change. What I toggle is
togglepref( BOOL, "javascript.enabled");
I tried both with a reload and without.

This was on Win 7, KM 74 Gecko 31 with update 1. I do not use the privacy bar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 07:28PM by JamesD.

Date: October 20, 2014 08:16PM

JS must be allowed *while* the page is being loaded.
Then all 5 commands are working for me - on Vista.

Yes I mean that usual JS pref you mentioned.
But I remember you used the capability pref in the past too - perhaps that is still blocking...?

Unless... win7 is the culprit and blocks yet more stuff than vista??

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 08:25PM by siria.

Date: October 20, 2014 09:02PM

I made a change after I saw how you did injectJS().

_Snippet_RunCode {
$_Snippet_replace = prompt("Enter new value for page title", "Page title replacement test",$TITLE);
$_Snippet_cmdline = "document.title=\"".$_Snippet_replace."\";" ;
injectJS($_Snippet_cmdline);
}

This works for me. It is as you said. Whether or not title changes depends on value of javascript.enabled AT THE TIME OF PAGE LOAD. Toggling the value after page load makes no difference.

Date: October 20, 2014 09:22PM

Hmm, the difference are 2 things:
You define the code line first, and use " instead of '

Could you please check if it works if you replace the injectJS-line in the testJS-macro with those 2 lines?
$_code="document.title='".$_new."';";
$_new=="" ? 0 : injectJS($_code);

And if not, then try replacing with double quotes?

Date: October 20, 2014 10:41PM

siria
Could you please check if it works if you replace the injectJS-line in the testJS-macro with those 2 lines?
$_code="document.title='".$_new."';";
$_new=="" ? 0 : injectJS($_code);

It works with your new lines. I tried with tests one and four.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.