Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Pages: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10
K-Meleon 1.6.0 Beta Development
Posted by: desga2
Date: November 15, 2010 09:47PM

This is a "clean" thread for K-Meleon 1.6.0 Beta Developement.

"Clean" meaning no discussion, only problem and solution for it.

Also can be added some suggestion to implement posted before and accepted in KM 1.6.0 Beta thread on General Forum.

If you don't know if your post was posted before or you are not sure about you like post about K-Meleon 1.6.0 Beta, please post first in K-Meleon 1.6.0 Beta thread on General Forum.

More info about 1.6.0 Development:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/kmeleon16

Thanks.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2010 09:47PM by desga2.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 1.6.0 Beta Development
Posted by: sliderule
Date: November 15, 2010 11:36PM

Just want to start by saying a big Thank-you / Gracias to everyone for the Beta. Looking good so far.

Two items I have found that might need attention . . . just wanted to mention:

1. I downloaded and used the installer, and, if I remember correctly, it identified the K-Meleon Version as 1.5.4, not 1.6.0, or, 1.6.0 Beta. Just mentioning this as an item for 'correction' before final.
  2. Attempted to implement SpellCheck extention ( from http://extensions.geckozone.org/KMES-SpellCheckEn ) with 1.6.0 . . . however, I could not get it to work. I am using SpellCheck with 1.5.4, but, could not get the extension to work with 1.6.0 Beta.

Again, thanks for everything.

Sliderule

Posted by: presto
Date: November 24, 2010 06:16PM

sliderule
Attempted to implement SpellCheck extention ( from http://extensions.geckozone.org/KMES-SpellCheckEn ) with 1.6.0 . . . however, I could not get it to work. I am using SpellCheck with 1.5.4, but, could not get the extension to work with 1.6.0 Beta.
[/list]

Too hard to make it work, sorry http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?3,112322 probably no spellcheck for K-Meleon 1.6/1.7 in the future...

Posted by: ndebord
Date: November 24, 2010 08:51PM

presto
sliderule
Attempted to implement SpellCheck extention ( from http://extensions.geckozone.org/KMES-SpellCheckEn ) with 1.6.0 . . . however, I could not get it to work. I am using SpellCheck with 1.5.4, but, could not get the extension to work with 1.6.0 Beta.
[/list]

Too hard to make it work, sorry http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?3,112322 probably no spellcheck for K-Meleon 1.6/1.7 in the future...

presto,

Too early to give up on it... perhaps Alain will find a way to update the spellchecker for Gecko 1.9.xxxx

N

Posted by: presto
Date: November 25, 2010 05:32PM

ndebord
presto,

Too early to give up on it... perhaps Alain will find a way to update the spellchecker for Gecko 1.9.xxxx

hope, u r wrong, really. Apparently no Adblock Plus either sad smiley

https://adblockplus.org/blog/how-are-supported-applications-chosen-for-adblock-plus#c003104

https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3828&p=27991&hilit=release+beta&sid=f9f78efdb8486b2f20320db586a1813c#p27991 clearly we (K-Meleon community) r 2 late sad smiley

It does not look well sad smiley :/

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: November 25, 2010 08:10PM

ndebord
... perhaps Alain will find a way to update the spellchecker for Gecko 1.9.xxx

Hum, when mark307 maked this kplugin, I was trying without succes to make aspell to work with K-Meleon. I have just helped mak307 to debug and make it work, but I don't think being able to modify the source.

I suppose the service have been modified, and it perhaps just need to adapt it, but not sure. Perhaps somebody knowing C could make it.

More, now I'm under Linux, and I have no more the compiler I used to modify searchbar kplugins.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 25, 2010 08:34PM

I think that K-Meleon can live without AdblockPlus.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: November 25, 2010 11:58PM

JujuLand
ndebord
... perhaps Alain will find a way to update the spellchecker for Gecko 1.9.xxx

Hum, when mark307 maked this kplugin, I was trying without succes to make aspell to work with K-Meleon. I have just helped mak307 to debug and make it work, but I don't think being able to modify the source.

I suppose the service have been modified, and it perhaps just need to adapt it, but not sure. Perhaps somebody knowing C could make it.

More, now I'm under Linux, and I have no more the compiler I used to modify searchbar kplugins.

A+

Alain,

Linux, eh? I like Puppy myself, but not for my main OS which will remain XP PRO SP3.

Was hoping that you could resolve the spellchecker issue though. sad smiley

N

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 26, 2010 01:00AM

ndebord

Spell checking works partially for 1.6 if You have spellchecker.xpt and spellchk.dll. They do the marking read of typos. Even I can build those two.

But spelltest.dll K-Meleon plugin by Mark307 does not work any more. I set up the tools and what was needed and tried to recompile the source with my new SDK files. The built failed. Build log attached. Maybe someone can tell me why it does not build? Its no *.gif I had to rename it to gif to get it attached.

So now there is no suggestion what is spelled wrong, no changing dictionary language nor location, no adding a new word to dictionary. sad smiley

p.s. I have no idea whether nor how any of the needed spelltest.dll functions can be wrapped into a kmm?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2010 01:31AM by guenter.

Attachments: .spelcheck_build.log.gif (333.1 KB)  
Date: November 26, 2010 01:24AM

guenter
ndebord

Spell checking works partially for 1.6 if You have spellchecker.xpt and spellchk.dll. They do the marking read of typos. Even I can build those two.

But spelltest.dll K-Meleon plugin by Mark307 does not work any more. I set up the tools and what was needed and tried to recompile the source with my new SDK files. The built failed. Build log attached. Maybe someone can tell me why it does not build? Its no *.gif I had to rename it to gif to get it attached.

So now there is no suggestion what is spelled wrong, no changing dictionary language nor location, no adding a new word to dictionary. sad smiley

Guenter,

Half a loaf is better than none... Can we port over the spellchk.dll and spellchecker.xpt from KM 1.5.4 to KM 1.6beta?

If I have words marked as wrongly spelled, I can use a 3rd part spellchecker like WordWeb (the earlier, freeware version).

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2010 01:25AM by ndebord.

Date: November 26, 2010 01:42AM

ndebord
Half a loaf is better than none... Can we port over the spellchk.dll and spellchecker.xpt from KM 1.5.4 to KM 1.6beta?

No need to port it. I have build it from 1.6 source. I would never say that "even I can build it" when the evil deed has not been done yet. grinning smiley

And it is on Your mail at gmail.com. You can test if it works. It works 4 me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2010 01:43AM by guenter.

Date: November 26, 2010 02:38AM

guenter
ndebord

No need to port it. I have build it from 1.6 source. I would never say that "even I can build it" when the evil deed has not been done yet. grinning smiley

And it is on Your mail at gmail.com. You can test if it works. It works 4 me.

Guenter,

Do I need the KMM file from 1.5.4???

N

Date: November 26, 2010 03:15AM

No. The kmm belongs AFAIK to the mark307's plugin.

spelltest.cpp that is mark307's code
#define LABEL_TITLE "K-Meleon spellchecker"
#define LABEL_ADDWORD "Add this word"
#define LABEL_IGNOREWORD "Ignore this word"
#define LABEL_SELECTDIC "Dictionaries"
#define LABEL_SETDIC "Set Default"
#define LABEL_ENABLE "Spellchecker is disabled.\r\nEnable?"
#define LABEL_DISABLE "Disable spellchecker"

So these items in the kmm are defined in mark307's code.
IMHO the kmm does nothing currently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2010 03:23AM by guenter.

Date: November 26, 2010 03:43AM

guenter
No. The kmm belongs AFAIK to the mark307's plugin.

spelltest.cpp that is mark307's code
#define LABEL_TITLE "K-Meleon spellchecker"
#define LABEL_ADDWORD "Add this word"
#define LABEL_IGNOREWORD "Ignore this word"
#define LABEL_SELECTDIC "Dictionaries"
#define LABEL_SETDIC "Set Default"
#define LABEL_ENABLE "Spellchecker is disabled.\r\nEnable?"
#define LABEL_DISABLE "Disable spellchecker"

So these items in the kmm are defined in mark307's code.
IMHO the kmm does nothing currently.

Guenter,

Well than, I don't know... but I don't see any read marks heare when I mispelll
this sentences.

N

Date: November 26, 2010 04:41AM

sad smiley Annoying.

The 2 files in components, delete compreg.dat & xpti.dat (as per normal procedure) plus the dictionaries in ./K-Meleon/dictionaries did the trick here.

I'll check for other files that are extra here. We'll be getting there IMHO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2010 04:43AM by guenter.

Date: November 26, 2010 05:03AM

guenter
sad smiley Annoying.

The 2 files in components, delete compreg.dat & xpti.dat (as per normal procedure) plus the dictionaries in ./K-Meleon/dictionaries did the trick here.

I'll check for other files that are extra here. We'll be getting there IMHO.

Guenter,

Nope not yettt.

N

Date: November 26, 2010 05:09AM

sad smiley And I have one that works the plugin and one that does not sad smiley

Both are extracted from the same 7z archive and stuffed with the same files.

The one 2nd was started from scratch after You said You had a problem.
I will try again later. Not finding anything now. This is sure odd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2010 05:11AM by guenter.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 26, 2010 01:37PM

@ guenter and ndebord

I know very little about adding spellchecking to KM. I did find a product called 'Freespell' which seems to let the aspell engine work with many products, KM included.

Freespell can be found on this page: http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/free-spell-checkers.shtml

I tried it out on the KM forum and Notepad and it found my spelling errors and presented correct suggestions. I used the default winkey+z on selected text. You can press the number of the corrected word and Freespell puts that word in your text field. My download came with English, but I think other dictionaries are possible.

I hope this is of some use.

Edit: I did not like the Freespell item in the taskbar and did not need the pro version, so I got minimize to tray program. Now the icon for Freespell is in the tray. Nothing special that I have to do to KM in order to have spellchecking. See here for the tray program: http://www.4t-niagara.com/tray.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2010 05:11PM by JamesD.

Date: November 26, 2010 11:20PM

JamesD
Freespell can be found on this page: http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/free-spell-checkers.shtml

Thx JamesD, for the links and the info.

Tiny spell would be my choice - only it does not support changing dics.
So it is choice only for en-US sad smiley not alternatively 4 German too like mark307's tool. sad smiley

p.s. @ndebord - send You a mail with some link.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2010 11:23PM by guenter.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 26, 2010 11:28PM

FreeSpell (windows) is several items below TinySpell. FreeSpell uses the Aspell engine and has many languages.

guenter
only it does not support changing dics.

Please explain. Maybe FreeSpell does support this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2010 11:32PM by JamesD.

Date: November 26, 2010 11:50PM

Probably true, but i find FreeSpell harder to use.

Anyway, we are at 1.6.beta. mark307 is hopefully still using a K-Meleon version.
All K-Meleon versions use kplugins - so I hope the problem will be fixed by him.smiling smiley

p.s. that I tried to compile is just because I do not like to wait :drool:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2010 12:04AM by guenter.

Date: November 27, 2010 01:40AM

guenter
sad smiley And I have one that works the plugin and one that does not sad smiley

Both are extracted from the same 7z archive and stuffed with the same files.

The one 2nd was started from scratch after You said You had a problem.
I will try again later. Not finding anything now. This is sure odd.

Guenter,

I am very happy, as your version cut and pasted together properly with mine works just fine now. I use it with WordWeb 3.02 for now (the last freeware version I could find) where you highlight a word by double clicking on it which pulls up WordWeb and you can then replace with a new word or correct spelling.

Not a clue where I went wrong, but for usre I mucked it up somewhere. NOT an unknown occcurence when it comes time for me to play with sofware. <sigh>

Much thanks!

N

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2010 04:03PM by ndebord.

Posted by: panzer
Date: November 27, 2010 09:46AM
Posted by: rado
Date: November 30, 2010 09:52AM

Hello,

Is it possible to import my profile from the previous version? When i unzip the kmeleon archive it just creates a new profile. All my settings, cookies, passwords are missing.

Date: November 30, 2010 11:24AM

Take a file manager with two windows and exit K-Meleon.

1.) Open the profile You want to transfer on one side and chose all data in that window.

2.) Open the new profile where You want to transfer bookmarks, passwords and other personal data in the other window.

3.) Copy all chosen data from the old profile to the fresh profile. That is all.

p.s. You best find the profile folder if You open the respective browser install and look up the location via: Edit -> Configuration -> Profile Directory. Then exit the browser start the next browser version and repeat the process.

Explanation: K-Meleon has one setup where it normally auto-finds its old profile data in the default location. And K-Meleon has another setup that is portable. There it must not find profile data but must use the ones that are stored in its install folder. To get further info please start a thread in General.

The info how to transfer data is strictly vallid for all K-Meleon 1.5.0 to 1.6beta. And it is partly vallid for 1.x and 1.1.x also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2010 12:52PM by guenter.

Attachments: profile.gif (43.9 KB)  
Posted by: rado
Date: November 30, 2010 07:07PM

This workssmiling smiley Thanks!
Just a small precision. When at first i extracted the kmeleon 7z archive, there was no folder profiles. So in the same folder as kmeleon, i just made one folder named Profiles and copy there from the old kmeleon the profiles.ini and the entiere folder with the profile.

Posted by: siria
Date: November 30, 2010 08:44PM

Oops... That was a little misunderstanding, way too complicated, and am not very sure if this works always very well...

The mistake was that you didn't start the new browser at least once after unzipping it! When it's first started, it automatically creates the new profile parent folder, and inside it the individual profile folder with a random new name. Just as in guenters screenshots, only the files inside the random-name folder were meant to be copied over!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2010 08:50PM by siria.

Date: November 30, 2010 10:05PM

rado
This workssmiling smiley Thanks!
Just a small precision. When at first i extracted the kmeleon 7z archive, there was no folder profiles. So in the same folder as kmeleon, i just made one folder named Profiles and copy there from the old kmeleon the profiles.ini and the entiere folder with the profile.

Works is good enough.smiling smiley

Sorry that I did not tell enough. A new K-Meleon will look for Profiles during its first start, if it does not find them it will create a new one.

Where K-Meleon will look and later create the profiles is governed by the presence or absence of a file.

When a file called profile.ini is inside the install folder like ./K-Meleon/profile.ini (the file can be empty):

K-Meleon will create ./K-Meleon/Profiles/profiles.ini and ./K-Meleon/Profiles/profiles... inside its own folder. That setup is portable, for windows 9x and used for testing different K-Meleons side by side.

When ./K-Meleon/profile.ini is not present: the path is %apdata%/K-Meleon/profiles.ini and profile with a random name like zfa4b8qe.default.

%apdata% location is system specific. Just Google "Firefox profiles location", K-Meleon is right next to it smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2010 10:11PM by guenter.

Posted by: siria
Date: December 08, 2010 12:42AM

Am learning, but slowly... Have now known for weeks that exchanging kplugins can 'fix' new bugs, like bookmarks.dll, and only today it dawned on me that my constantly lost hotlist-nicknames on win9x might just as well be fixed by simply exchanging hotlist.dll from KM154!! Knowing full well that the hotlist.dll is about at the very bottom of the priority list, so probably not containing any updates. Of course it works fine again now, nicks are remembered again! But hey, you could have enlightened me a little earlier about such ridiculously easy fixes right before the nose, if I'm sleeping! tongue sticking out smiley

Date: December 08, 2010 06:12AM

siria
Am learning, but slowly... Have now known for weeks that exchanging kplugins can 'fix' new bugs, like bookmarks.dll, and only today it dawned on me that my constantly lost hotlist-nicknames on win9x might just as well be fixed by simply exchanging hotlist.dll from KM154!! Knowing full well that the hotlist.dll is about at the very bottom of the priority list, so probably not containing any updates. Of course it works fine again now, nicks are remembered again! But hey, you could have enlightened me a little earlier about such ridiculously easy fixes right before the nose, if I'm sleeping! tongue sticking out smiley

Siria,

Think we need a post of some kind dealing with which DLL's should be used from other versions, like the pre-beta and KM154. As I don't use hotlists, I didn't even know there was a problem there, but I will try it out now to see if it is any different in XP PRO SP3.

Tks!

N

Pages: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.