Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Context menu of k-meleon
Posted by: Niceeight
Date: December 21, 2017 01:31PM

Hello to all! I noticed that by pressing in the urlbar with right click opens the context menu that looks like windows and not k-meleon. In K-Meleon pro opens the context menu like a K-Meleon.
Is there any function to activate? Thanks in advance!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Context menu of k-meleon
Posted by: rodocop
Date: December 21, 2017 04:22PM

This menu should be created first in browser\defaults\settings\menus.cfg (default menus set for current build) or in browser\defaults\profile\menus.cfg (user menu customizations for every new profile)

Mine (from KM 76 Pro) code looks like:
URLBar{
&Paste And Go=macros(Go_Paste)
&Copy URL=macros(Go_Copy)
!_Go_URLBar
!_Up
!Edit
}
If no URLBar{...} section found in menus.cfg - system-wide context-menu is used.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2017 04:23PM by rodocop.

Date: December 23, 2017 07:55PM

Thank you rodocop! I don't understand because this feature is not a default setting. Mah...

I have a similar problem but only in goanna. As a context menu when the text is selected in the search bar or when I write a post in k-meleon and on other occasions, show this menu. I enclose two example images.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you know why this happens? If not, I ask in Goanna topic.

Date: December 23, 2017 09:15PM

Goanna is so frequently updated (thanks roytam1!) that I almost unable to check every version, so my Goanna shows other context-menus there, but it isn't the last one ;-)

I'm going to check the latest one and reply, but in general Goanna-builds behave here (in text-input fields) differently from KM-Gecko (any version)

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 23, 2017 11:54PM

rodocop
Goanna is so frequently updated (thanks roytam1!) that I almost unable to check every version, so my Goanna shows other context-menus there, but it isn't the last one ;-)

I'm going to check the latest one and reply, but in general Goanna-builds behave here (in text-input fields) differently from KM-Gecko (any version)

I do not check all either. But there was a trade off when the spell checking was fixed. Currently part of the context menus is not working. As it used to do.

I know how to avoid because some JavaSript heavy pages had similar problems always.

But there is a possible problem.

IMhO we should wait till release candidate?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2017 11:55PM by guenter.

Date: December 24, 2017 12:18AM

It seems to me that some time ago spellchecker had an option to suggest words or add them to a dictionary (but cannot reproduce now in no one build).

Is it my fake recall?

Date: December 24, 2017 12:21AM

But now Goanna treats 'contenteditable' fields the same way independently from whether is some text selected inside or not.

KM-Gecko was showing 2 different context menus: that one from Goanna if nothing selected, and menu 'Selected text' - when selection made.

Posted by: siria
Date: December 24, 2017 01:26AM

rodocop
It seems to me that some time ago spellchecker had an option to suggest words or add them to a dictionary (but cannot reproduce now in no one build).

Is it my fake recall?

Just looked what I have in KM1.6 in macros folder. There's an old macro "spellprefs.kmm" which I made ages ago, but never used it personally, and can't get spellcheck working at all now (all disabled cause I hate it). Anyway, that macro does have a menu for adding words (to persdict.dat, but perhaps just manually, can't remember)
For word suggestions just saw in a very old thread, at the time one had to first left-click inside a word and THEN right-click?

Found the link:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,113831

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2017 01:58AM by siria.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 24, 2017 04:53PM

rodocop

Let me see if I can make it work.

K-Meleon is my choice if I am Murra.  I am Murra.

Everything works just as I would expect it to work. I misspelled K-Meleaon and was shown a list where K-Meleon could be chosen. I suspect that I had already added it to the dictionary. I left the 'o' out of choice and could pick the correct spelling from the list. Then I tried Murra. It was not in the list so I added it. Murray is my middle name, but Win 10 shortened it such that Murra is a user and not Murray.

I am using KM 76 RC2. If any of the DLL's, kmm files, or anything else is needed, just let me know and I will post them.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: December 24, 2017 05:23PM

Well, it works for me too. My bad. I was slightly misdirected...

Date: December 26, 2017 11:21AM

rodocop

But now Goanna treats 'contenteditable' fields the same way independently from whether is some text selected inside or not.

KM-Gecko was showing 2 different context menus: that one from Goanna if nothing selected, and menu 'Selected text' - when selection made.

So this is the problem. I'll probably ask rotyam if he can fix it, in his thread since is a problem of KM-goanna.

I tried at entry in italian pack language thread for adjust the post but i receive this error: Sorry, you do not have permission to read this forum. Italian thread. What happen?

Posted by: roytam1
Date: December 26, 2017 12:47PM

Niceeight
rodocop

So this is the problem. I'll probably ask rotyam if he can fix it, in his thread since is a problem of KM-goanna.

I tried at entry in italian pack language thread for adjust the post but i receive this error: Sorry, you do not have permission to read this forum. Italian thread. What happen?

Actually this is a problem that if contenteditable is set in whole page: if you treat it as input field, you will lose navigation menu.

Date: December 26, 2017 05:55PM

Niceeight

Is it OK now?

Date: December 26, 2017 07:17PM

rotyam
Actually this is a problem that if contenteditable is set in whole page: if you treat it as input field, you will lose navigation menu.

OK thanks. So I wait for future updates if you can solve this problem. And thank you for the intervention.

rodocop
Is it OK now?

Yes, now work, thank you. What had happened?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2017 07:18PM by Niceeight.

Date: December 26, 2017 07:30PM

Niceeight

Just little moderatorial side-effect.

Date: December 27, 2017 12:58PM

Niceeight
rotyam

OK thanks. So I wait for future updates if you can solve this problem. And thank you for the intervention.

rodocop
Is it OK now?

Changes are pushed and will be fixed in next build.
https://github.com/roytam1/kmeleon/commit/86543e6275783308ba06db66c2f1bab9ebe312d6

So now it is consistent with Palemoon/Firefox, and when root element has contenteditable is set, navigation menu will be lost(like other browsers)

Date: December 27, 2017 01:04PM

Thanks for keeping the fixes coming!

Regarding the URLBar menu, any chance it becomes editable again for users?
Dorian had made it accessible since KM75.1 RC1

Date: December 27, 2017 03:04PM

siria

It IS NOW. User just should add section mentioned to his menus.cfg. Checked on all latest KM-Goannas.

Date: December 27, 2017 03:06PM

siria
Thanks for keeping the fixes coming!

please check this out:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,144060,144065#msg-144065

I can add this to next build if there is no objection.

Date: December 27, 2017 04:35PM

roytam1
siria

please check this out:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,144060,144065#msg-144065

I can add this to next build if there is no objection.

YES please do! smiling smiley
Haven't test myself yet, but if rodocop says it works in all builds will believe it.

Date: December 29, 2017 03:35PM

roytam1

Changes are pushed and will be fixed in next build.
https://github.com/roytam1/kmeleon/commit/86543e6275783308ba06db66c2f1bab9ebe312d6

So now it is consistent with Palemoon/Firefox, and when root element has contenteditable is set, navigation menu will be lost(like other browsers)

Thank you also for this future fix. Very good job!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.