Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
How can I download web page automatically?
Posted by: inter_rex
Date: September 28, 2019 04:56PM

Hi everyone,

I am doing a very simple website, without images or anything, for my personal use where updated data is presented from several widgets and I want to be able to download that page in html, txt, xls or csv to my PC, every so often , no need for the browser to ask me for permission. There are no security problems, because apart from the widgets, the page is on my PC.

Surfing I got two Javascript codes:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58117629/how-can-i-download-web-page-automatically-with-onload/58117866#58117866

but they don't do what I want.

My quesion is: Does K-meleon have an utility or some way that I can download web page automatically every few minutes??

Beforehand, Thanks by your comments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2019 05:01PM by inter_rex.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can I download web page automatically?
Posted by: fredv
Date: October 04, 2019 10:53AM

I'm not sure I understand, if you want to download a file at some time interval you can use something like wget in a scheduled task.

Posted by: inter_rex
Date: October 12, 2019 05:23PM

fredv
I'm not sure I understand, if you want to download a file at some time interval you can use something like wget in a scheduled task.

I want to download a web page to my PC automatically at some interval. Casually the page contains several widgets.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: October 12, 2019 07:58PM

Try to setup from Preferences panel > File Handling > untick "Ask whether to open or save the file"

And configure there where to save.

And, depending on your version, create a timer to run a macro every X time. Otherwise you should do it manually.

The macro just needs the command id(ID_FILE_SAVE_AS).

In case you need to save several versions, before call the command id, change the $TITLE to the some counter, or date, or whatever.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.