Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Open in new window - Right-click menu
Posted by: PeteCool
Date: March 22, 2001 03:37AM

I just downloaded the binaries in cvs contrib...

I don't really like the new position of the open in new window item that appears when right-clicking a link

I think making it the first item of the list is quicker and more intuitive

Pete

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: Open in new window - Right-click menu
Posted by: Jeff Doozan
Date: March 22, 2001 04:26PM

You can position the entry anywhere you'd like it by editing menus.cfg in your profile directory (your profile directory is specified under preferences). The binaries in cvs contrib are mostly feature demonstrations, so placement of menuitems is not a big concern.

Hope this helps,

-- Jeff

Posted by: Brian
Date: March 22, 2001 05:43PM

you can also do edit->preferences->menus

the default position of the right-click menu should remain pretty much the same. there was a big bruhaha on bugzilla about this exact thing. it basically came down to user preference, half the people wanted back/forward in the same spot at all times, others didn't care about back/forward and wanted the default menu item to be on the top at all times. I happen to belong to the first group. I think you should be able to navigate with your eyes closed, and that's impossible when the menu items are constantly jumping around.

Posted by: Gonzotek
Date: May 27, 2001 05:07PM

If you want to navigate with your eyes closed, use the keyboard. If you click on a link at the extreme low end of the screen the resulting menu will pop up, not down, and you'd have to open your eyes to see the menu. Menu's are explicately for seeing. As far as back forward navigation, being an Opera user, I use a two-click combo which is wicked fast and devilishly easy. Right-to-Left takes me back and Left-to-Right takes me forward. No menus, eyes closed or open.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.