Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Evolution
Posted by: Willem
Date: May 17, 2001 08:50PM

Hi there!

Im from Spain and i think kmeleon its one of the best things that has happened to my computer lately, ive been programming for five years but ive never done nothing really serious and now ive come with the idea of doing same thing youve done with mozilla but with evolution, i just wanna know if there is any posibility that someone like me could get this to work, what do you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Evolution
Posted by: Brian
Date: May 18, 2001 02:33AM

Pardon my ignorance, but what's evolution?

Posted by: PeteCool
Date: May 18, 2001 02:50AM

Does Evolution makes possible to embed it in other apps?

Look for info about that, ask their mailing list... but I doubt it

If it's possible to embed it, the authors should be able to help you starting your app... I can't.

Posted by: Willem
Date: May 20, 2001 10:08AM

Ok, so i need evolution to be embeded, im not sure that can be done easily, ill ask as you say, thank you very much, Pete smiling smiley.

Btw, someone asked what is evolution, its a mail client just like outlook but better for my needs, it's free software, go to www.ximian.org if you want to check it out.

Posted by: Hackel
Date: June 01, 2001 10:34PM

Evolution uses bonobo to embed each of it's main components, I believe, so you should be able to embed it into any (Linux) program (someone may have ported bonobo to win32, I have no idea). But why would you want to? Evolution has no bloat like Mozilla does with it's XUL interface crap. It's just a large program with a lot of functionality, and isn't even in a stable beta phase yet.
(I love evolution, by the way)
About the only change you could make would be to remove bonobo, etc., even make it native win32, but why? Just use Outlook...
In the meantime, I eagerly await Evolution 1.0, it will be amazing. smiling smiley

Ryan

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.