Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Mozilla Win-Embed Distribution
Posted by: Hackel
Date: June 01, 2001 10:44PM

I am wondering if K-meleon will eventually support "instant" gecko upgrading by simply extracting a new embeded-win32.zip from mozilla.org into it's directory? Currently when I try to do this, I get "The procedure entry point ??1nsLocalString@@UAE@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library xpcom.dll."
I'm sure you are already aware of this, but I thought I'd bring it up anyways since I was curious--I think this would be a great feature, since Mozilla changes so rapidly (e.g. if by chance they fixed that damn redraw bug).

Ryan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mozilla Win-Embed Distribution
Posted by: Jeff
Date: June 01, 2001 10:56PM

Since mozilla is still beta, the API structure isn't frozen, which means that anything built when .9 was released is not guaranteed to work with future builds. In fact, by the time .9 was released, the mozilla .9.1 tree had already changed enough that kmeleon wouldn't run on the first .9.1 nightly build.

When mozilla freezes, it will be possible for users to do this...it'll be a bit tricky, since there are a few files (like jsurl.*) that are included with kmeleon, but not with the standard embed builds, and enough changes between nightly builds that there's no way we would suggest or support this, but we won't stop you, either, and that's what open source is all about smiling smiley

As for the redraw bug, it's becoming more and more rare, but it's still there.

-- Jeff

Re: Mozilla Win-Embed Distribution
Posted by: JaronTran
Date: June 11, 2001 06:42AM

Wha't Win-Embed distribution?

It's way smaller then the normal one. How does it work? How will it not work?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.