Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
latests cvs with mozilla 0.9.4
Posted by: Gabriel Bouvigne
Date: October 31, 2001 03:36PM

I downloaded both today's cvs of k-meleon and the standard 0.9.4 mozilla release.

There are 2 things:
*I'm unable to locate the file "nsITooltipTextProvider.h" in my mozilla

*mozilla compilation didn't created any "embed" directory under projects/mozilla/dist/win32_o.obj
However I have an empty projects/mozilla/mozilla/dist/win32_o.obj/embed

I think that the second point is because I didn't put mozilla under projects/mozilla/mozilla like you, but projects/mozilla.

But because of the first point, I'm not sure If I can compile the latest k-meleon with 0.9.4. Which mozilla build did you used to build k-meleon 0.6?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: latests cvs with mozilla 0.9.4
Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 31, 2001 03:53PM

0.6 was built with Mozilla 0.9.5.

Andrew

Posted by: Gabriel Bouvigne
Date: November 02, 2001 11:16AM

Ok, I downloaded mozilla 0.9.5 and managed to build k-meleon. Thank you for your answer.

I've got one more question: is the cvs up to date? I'm asking because I used today's cvs, and I had to change a few things to get kmeleon compiling (missing cmdline.h/cpp into project, missing nsICacheService into stdafx.h), so I'm wondering if the cvs is really up to date.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 02, 2001 02:05PM

Gabriel,

I can't answer that question but I do know that the developers have to do a few changes to get things to work. Post to the K-Meleon developers list for help.

Andrew

Posted by: Jeff
Date: November 02, 2001 11:37PM

The cvs is relatively up to date (you should have everything you need to build with). I don't usually remember to commit changes to the project workspace (as it's not really a source file). It's also possible that stdafx.h is missing a line...it doesn't change frequently, so it's easy to forget to update it.

It sounds like you've fixed all that already, and just want to know if it's really the latest source: yes it is.

-- Jeff

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.