Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Problem building k-meleon 0.5
Posted by: Jeff Hartnagle
Date: November 08, 2001 09:26PM

First, I have successfully built mozilla 0.9.5. Now I am trying to build k-meleon 0.5 and I am having problems with header files. I have read all of the documentation, and can build seperately the following in VC++ 6.0; bmp_menu files, fullscreen files, history files (after adding user32.lib to link), ie_favorites files, loader files, macros files, ns_bookmarks files and rebar_menu files. I have corrected the paths in VC++ to match my directory structure for mozilla and k-meleon.

My problem is that when I go to build either compenents files or kmeleon files are start getting missing files such as this from kmeleon files:

StdAfx.cpp
c:\mozilla_source\kmeleon\stdafx.h(49) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'nsIWidget.h': No such file or directory

The nsIWidget.h file is not in the k-meleon source tree, but it is in the mozilla source tree. In the components files are tried to add the individual header files but that only led to adding more header files. In components this started with PromptService.h that needed nsError.h.

Also in components, the Dialogs.rc bombed because of:

#include "res\mfcembed.rc2"

I changed it to:

#include "..\res\mfcembed.rc2"

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to get k-meleon build as an example to follow trying to embed gecko into another app. Thanks for any help.

jeff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem building k-meleon 0.5
Posted by: Jeff
Date: November 09, 2001 05:04AM

If you're building with .9.5, you'll need to grab the kmeleon .6 source from the CVS (a zipfile will be available in a few days)

If you're just looking for a dem app, you may want to look at mozilla's own mfcEmbed (in \embedding\tests\mfcembed in the mozilla source tree.

-- Jeff

Posted by: Jeff Hartnagle
Date: November 09, 2001 03:24PM

Thanks for the info. I tried to login to the cvs server but it did not like anonymous as a password for anonymous. After doing the cvs login command it connected to the server and prompted me for the password, when I use "anonymous" it said rejected access for user anonymous. Tried several times because thought I may be miss typing something.

Also, if I do get access to the cvs server, will I be getting 0.6 of the k-meleon source or the latest development work. And when doing a "cvs co" are the module names "components", "fullscreen", etc. ?

I think you have a broken link on the following page:

http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=3457&group_id=14285

It is the link to the "embed.mak" file on the ftp site. There appears to be no
/pub/kmeleon on the ftp site. Where can I get this file?

If the zip files will only be a few days maybe I will wait for that. Thanks for the info about mfcembed.

jeff

Posted by: Brian
Date: November 10, 2001 11:42AM

You can download the latest cvs tarball here:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cvstarballs/kmeleon-cvsroot.tar.gz

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.