Favorites
Posted by: Harry B. Soletsky
Date: January 18, 2002 01:08AM

Am I correct that every time I launch K-Meleon, you load the favorites bar directly from my IE 5.0 itself, that K-Meleon does not have the favorites themselves on the browser itself.

Re: Favorites
Posted by: Fulvio Perini
Date: January 18, 2002 04:32AM

The Favorites have been captured by Mozilla,at least ,from the time of NS6,and NS6.x has the Favorites in its bookmark file. Having had some problems with KM0.5,I just copied the NS6.x bookmark file to the KM0.6 Profile folder,and replaced what was there. KM has one up on IE,in being able to click on the Links,and access the sites.In NS6 I have to copy and paste the URL.I have not tried dragging .But,KM does not permit moving the bookmarks,or adding different ones to the Personal Toolbar.

Posted by: po
Date: January 18, 2002 07:15AM

if you're talking about IE bookmarks, yep, it loads from and saves to the \windows\favorites folder, just like IE.

Posted by: Greg Bair
Date: January 18, 2002 09:46PM

So, it doesn't take them from IE. It takes them from the same directory as IE. So, IE doesn't have its "own" favorites, either. If you add a favorite from KM, then it will show up in IE, too.

Posted by: Harry B. Soletsky
Date: January 27, 2002 04:58PM

The reason I believe that KM downloads directly from IE5.01 each time is that I also have Opera 6.0 and Netscape 4.7 and their bookmarks are quite unique to each browser. Opera allows you to download permanently bookmarks from IE or Netsccape.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.