Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
approx. date/week of the nexr release?
Posted by: Jackie Lee
Date: January 29, 2002 11:40PM

can anyone give me approx. date or week of next kmeleon release?
thanx
Jackie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: approx. date/week of the nexr release?
Posted by: Deft
Date: January 30, 2002 10:52PM

I think we should aim for just getting an approx year to start with smiling smiley

Posted by: Jackie Lee
Date: January 30, 2002 11:24PM

well then I guess I should buy some more RAM and get Mozilla instead cauz I currently find it too slow on p3 550 64mb ram. Might be worth gettting a 128MB stick.
cheers

Posted by: Andres
Date: January 30, 2002 11:56PM

It seems that some people are just too sceptical here. I have seen it somewhere at this forum that the next version of K-M will (supposedly?) be based on Moz .9.8, which is not out yet. So if there were a new version of K-M out now, some would probably be demanding another one already... And Moz .9.7 was not so perfect after all, so there is a good reason to wait. I think we should give Jeff and Brian the time they need.

I have used K-M 0.6 for some months now and haven't found anything particularly wrong with this version.

mozilla 0.9.8+
Posted by: ToZ
Date: January 31, 2002 12:24AM

Well mozilla 0.9.8 is out... download night builds and type about:mozilla and voila

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:0.9.8+) Gecko/20020130

but in home page officially only 0.9.7....

Re: mozilla 0.9.8+
Posted by: Kidman
Date: January 31, 2002 12:39PM

geez...it's been 0.9.8 for weeks. and it is the 0.9.8, but no milestone/stable build. It's still in dev/testing. You ain't seeing the final 0.9.8 before it's mentioned on the page.
Just because you got an Alpha/Beta for anything you ain't got that thing at all.

And to reply to Andres as well:
IThe devs already said the next version will be based on the 0.9.7 version, now it has been pushed to 0.9.8, because it's around the corner. We just have to wait...and actually 0.6 has some really annoying bugs like behavior on fileplanet, ftp not working (i know, that there is a way to fix it), some pop-up handling, ... (okok..some are actually Mozilla bugs winking smiley

btw...Christophe lives =) new kaillera...

Posted by: ToZ
Date: January 31, 2002 05:43PM

0.9.8+ Alpha ....

LOL LOL LOL....

Posted by: Rob Vonk
Date: February 06, 2002 07:18AM

For all the fans of k-meleon:

4 februari Mozilla 0.9.8 is out: