Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Bookmarks.html file question
Posted by: Rob Vonk
Date: February 13, 2002 08:06AM

It looks like k-meleon adds an extra <DL><p> behind the personal bookmark folder. Is there a special reason for that? It looks like the mozilla bookmarksfile doesn't have that.

Example:

<DT><H3 ADD_DATE="0" PERSONAL_TOOLBAR_FOLDER="true">Personal Toolbar Folder</H3>
<DL><p>
<DL><p>

Rob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bookmarks.html file question
Posted by: Mark
Date: February 13, 2002 04:26PM

Oh hey, look at that! I was confused for a second, because there was no way the code I was looking at could produce that output. But I was looking at the latest code. I inadvertently fixed that bug, apparently, so you should be all set with the next release.

It doesn't cause any problems, though, does it?

Date: February 14, 2002 12:42PM

No it doesn't but we're working on an open source bookmarksync protocol (clients and servers) and i was wondering why k-meleon needed this extra line. In the future, we can sync our bookmarks with a server and use them everywhere.
And because k-meleon is my favorite browser, i sure want to support that..

Rob

Date: February 14, 2002 01:20PM

Oh, speaking of wich, for that purpose we would like an option / call to the bookmark plugin to force loading a new file so that after syncing, we can give a call from the sync client to the bookmark plugin and the new list will be displayed..

Posted by: Mark
Date: February 15, 2002 09:57PM

Duly noted and written on my to-do list. It might be a while before I get around to adding it, though (rather busy at the moment), but it will sit there staring me in the face until I implement it.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.