Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Do you still believe...
Posted by: Kidman
Date: June 03, 2002 07:56AM

I doubt the issues, that need to be fixed for 0.7, will appear in the summer...maybe fall or later. There seems on intention (or more realisticly: no time due to other "normal" Mozilla priorites) by the Mozilla team to fix the MFCEmbedded problem with the SSL (see the Target Milstone "Future"). And the download dialog issue is also pulled back quite a while (I couldn't find it, but it was something like 1.1alpha)...

Looks bad... :/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you still believe...
Posted by: Andrew
Date: June 03, 2002 12:42PM

Kidman,

Some of our people are looking at those problems to see if they can be fixed on our end. I'm not sure those targets accurately reflect the priorities either. As you can see, those were reported sometime ago and when they were initially targeted, I don't think the severity of the problem was realized. Also, Mozilla has "customers" who use the embedded version of the browser who are going to need this corrected. We're not alone with this problem. So, I"m hopeful, they'll be fixed sooner rather than later.

Andrew

Posted by: Kidman
Date: June 05, 2002 09:47AM

I hope so...but it seems, that Netscape Browser-critical bugs have higher priority than the embedded stuf. I guess we will see more ppl hunting down the embedded bugs, after MOZ 1.0 and NS 7.0 final are out...

Posted by: rmn
Date: June 05, 2002 10:08AM

Is the Mozilla browser affected by these two bugs?

Posted by: Andrew
Date: June 05, 2002 10:27AM

rmn,

The bugs affect embedded Mozilla apps. They don't directly affect the main Mozilla distribution.

Andrew

Posted by: rmn
Date: June 06, 2002 05:57AM

Hey! That's not fair! :-(
Anyway, will Netscape be affected?

Posted by: Al.
Date: June 06, 2002 06:32AM

>Anyway, will Netscape be affected?

The only thing Netscape 7 will be affected by is bloat and featurittus, but then hasn't it always :-)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.