Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
mozillas here now kmeleon...?
Posted by: bond
Date: June 06, 2002 02:58AM

i wonder how long before 0.7 comes out now winking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mozillas here now kmeleon...?
Posted by: Al.
Date: June 06, 2002 04:57AM

Erm, unless you've been living under a rock for the past month or so, there are two bugs the Mozilla developers need to squash in the mfcembed version of Gecko that K-Meleon utilises, once they are gone, K-Meleon 0.7 will be released.

Posted by: Yatsu
Date: June 06, 2002 09:45AM

It would be nice if links to the two mentioned bugs where posted. Then we could just subscribe to the bugs, vote and wait smiling smiley

Posted by: Eric
Date: June 06, 2002 11:18AM

Check out this thread.

Posted by: Eric
Date: June 06, 2002 11:19AM

Actually, this is the right link.

Posted by: Yatsu
Date: June 06, 2002 02:27PM

Cheers! Why doesn't the webmaster make a news posting of this, to gather more attention/votes?

Posted by: Al.
Date: June 06, 2002 09:43PM

For once I'd have to agree, maybe there should be something put into the development status webpage at the very least.

Posted by: KW
Date: June 07, 2002 03:00AM

why didn't these two bugs stop mozilla from releasing 1.0 . Why does k-meleon need these two fixed. Can't you just update the .07 release when those two bugs are fixed. If its Mozilla code that needs fixed . How hard is to introduce updated code to a recent release like the upcoming .07 release. I think you should release .07 and update it later when they fix these two bugs.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: June 07, 2002 03:33AM

KW,

The code used by embedding apps like K-Meleon isn't always the same code used by the Mozilla release. Most people want the ability to download and access SSL sites so we aren't going to release it with these broken. It's not hard to introduce updated code, when it is ready, but we are not going to give users a broken product.

Andrew

Posted by: David
Date: June 11, 2002 05:31PM

If you can't wait, you can join the developers' list and try out the 0.6.5 beta. I'm quite sure they don't want you to distribute it, but if you can deal with the known bugs (and a few others) it's worth trying for personal use. The current build (142) actually seems pretty stable, except for the SSL and downloading problems.

From the home page, follow the "get involved" links for more information.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.