Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
quickload
Posted by: dyb
Date: July 25, 2002 05:16PM

1. I like 0.6 a lot
2. I am looking forward to 0.7
3. (and that is why i started this topic) Do you think about adding "Quickload" in future versions, like I know it from Mozilla 1.0? I would prefer being able to spend some of my PCs RAM (I got 512megs smiling smiley for enabling K-Meleon to start in less than a second.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: quickload
Posted by: Andrew
Date: July 25, 2002 07:18PM

dyb,

That would be called the Loader which we had before Mozilla had it.
smiling smiley

See this:

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/docs/loader.php

Andrew

Date: July 25, 2002 10:17PM

ooops, yeah... :-D
Now I can remember i've used that option some months ago, but i forgot about it after my hdd crashed and i had to reinstall windows. So can you change this little speedbooster to be enabled from within the options (where i looked for it before i asked for it) of k-meleon within one of the next versions? I think it's not too comfortable having to reinstall k-meleon just for enabling this. thx a lot smiling smiley

Posted by: David
Date: July 26, 2002 06:18AM

Just drag loader.exe into your startup folder.

Posted by: ThatDude
Date: July 28, 2002 02:24AM

Thats funny a quick loader to quick start a browser,,as if I don't have 2 seconds as opposed to one second to wait to load a browser..what I think everyone would like is more developers to work on K so there would be a quick release of some good code in a browser..how bout a quick dev launcher..?Matter afact how bout a whole new dev team,,you know,,out with the old dev's, and in with new!.
You would have my vote,,looking real foward to 7.1 in 2005..!,,or better yet how bout just closing the dev of K all together,,you would have my vote on that too..
Allthough I would miss this forum most of all.

Date: July 30, 2002 08:16AM

> as if I don't have 2 seconds as opposed to one second to wait to load a browser

You may have, of course. Sometimes I don't have or don't want to wait. Please accept that. Time is money.

Posted by: Ed Mack
Date: August 04, 2002 12:45AM

>,,you know,,out with the old dev's, and in with new!.

What makes new ones any better? I quite like the current ones, and they are fast enough. If you have such a bad problem with this free project, then either:

A) Help out with the coding, contribute to it to help speed it up

Or

cool smiley Go elsewhere and whine at somebody else to release more versions, ie Microsoft. I'm sure they cater for your new-version-every-little-while cravings. Do you complain you can't have a new office suite every 6 months?

Posted by: Al.
Date: August 04, 2002 03:30AM

"cool smiley Go elsewhere and whine at somebody else to release more versions, ie Microsoft. I'm sure they cater for your new-version-every-little-while cravings. Do you complain you can't have a new office suite every 6 months?"

Actually it's interesting to note that, whilst there hasn't been a new full release of K-Meleon since Oct. 30 2001, there hasn't been a new full release of Internet Explorer (ThatDude's favorite browser) since August 2001. The latest beta of K-Meleon signifies a new build release (with new features), whilst the latest beta of IE6 is mearly a service-pack release for the original IE6.0. No new features whatsoever.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.